• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

āœļø OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Reported 68m should he sign who would argue we have overpaid, Chelsea have FFP issues Havertz is a 40m player on what he has done.

I agree that looks way too much šŸ§

Only thing I will say is that all Chelsea managers played him so he is obviously talented & a decent pro.

Unfortunately it seems that with inflation fees are a joke at the mo.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Eh? What u on about bro. Based on what you say half our team shouldnā€™t play for us. What you want, just sign PL proven players like no other player can make it here? We wouldnā€™t have signed Gabriel, Saliba, Ɩdegaard, Martinelli if it was up to you then.

Kudus is very talented player and fits the Xhaka role perfectly based on what Iā€™ve seen him do. Thatā€™s all. Man went and read of a statsheet and thinks he knows football now smh.
I wanted all of Gabriel, Saliba, Ƙdegaard and Martinelli.

I asked why you think he is perfect over Havertz for an UCL season, for ages for Arsenal. Arsenal already has inexperienced talented attacking players who have been injured much.

He isn't perfect for Arsenal. Very little experience from top level compared to Havertz, and not a good injury-record either. Only a year younger than him.

Very good player, yeah, but risky and Havertz is much better option for Arsenal currently. In earlier years, Arsenal would have targeted players like Kudus.

Honestly don't know how people can advocate we sign Eredivisie players after Anthony, Martinez, Gakpo, Bergwijn, Ziyech, Van de Beek, Sanchez. De Ligt has finally had a good season god knows how long later playing for the best team in Germany in a one team league. It isn't an option...

Kai Havertz is playing in the premier league bro! Was in Bundesliga before that!

drippin

Iā€™m not even saying we should sign Kudus or Simons ffs.

Rice and Caicedo at least make sense. Then you sign a striker next year.

This is just a ridiculously huge outlay.

That Havertz and Osimhen are at pretty different trajectories career wise maybe?
I want Rice and Caicedo, but don't see it a likely outlay. Or that Caicedo might even want the role Arsenal offers, if they get Rice.

I much rather Rice, Lavia and Havertz, than Rice and Caicedo, for the similar fees.

You're basically betting on Nelson, ESR and Vieira to stay fit and perform, for an UCL season. Pretty sure we all want Saka and Ƙdegaard to be able to rest more, Jesus too.

Trajectories have nothing to do with it, when you would take out 80-90 million out of other positions you need to reinforce, just to get one striker, when you have Jesus and Nketiah.

Burrata

Player:Saka
Kudus and Simons are Vieira tier recruitments

In 12 months you will come back here and cry that they are rubbish or not good yet and ask for another young wonderkid when we will be linked to a good pl proven player

Kudus is not consistent yet despite a good WC
Simons plays in Eredivise where a lot of players became flops in PL

Vieira was a huge prospect when we signed him

Check the stats when he became a starter after Diaz departure. You would be surprise. And he still struggled for his first PL season.

Getting prospect is good. But not the only way

You guys are already fixed on Havertz because he wasnt good enough and you don't consider that he may be able to fulfill his potential.

Maybe he wont

But Simons, Kudus, Vieira, Sambi or even ESR are not guaranteed to growth like you hope

It's not that simple

Sometimes kids become Bad, sometimes flop can turn up

It's all about environment and usage. And mental too.

A player doesnt loose his talent in a day, week or year.

drippin

In 12 months you will come back here and cry that they are rubbish or not good yet and ask for another young wonderkid when we will be linked to a good pl proven player

Check the stats when he became a starter after Diaz departure. You would be surprise. And he still struggled for his first PL season.

You guys are already fixed on Havertz because he wasnt good enough and you don't consider that he may be able to fulfill his potential.

Maybe he wont

But Simons, Kudus, Vieira, Sambi or even ESR are not guaranteed to growth like you hope

It's not that simple

Don't understand how people don't understand that Arteta might want more like City quality depth in attacking department too.

Or that Arsenal already has many talented inexperienced injury-prone attackers, so need to aim for higher with the one attacker they buy this window. But the player has to be versatile, for everyone to get some game-time and having that Ƙdegaard rotation.

I wanted Simons when the rumours came up, as he wasn't injury-prone at all in his first proper season. But I didn't realize Arsenal could get Havertz at that point. The choice is very clear for an UCL season.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Fair enough. I haven't watched him him closely enough but I can't say I'm blown away by his general play. I think I'm more intent on a clinical striker which we're not currently linked with
Well if you are after that, Havertz isn't going to sate that desire! Much better as a goalscorer coming from deeper, and more likely to curl one in from 20 yards than score a classic strikers finish (though more reliable with his head).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

I want Rice and Caicedo, but don't see it a likely outlay. Or that Caicedo might even want the role Arsenal offers, if they get Rice.

I much rather Rice, Lavia and Havertz, than Rice and Caicedo, for the similar fees.

You're basically betting on Nelson, ESR and Vieira to stay fit and perform, for an UCL season. Pretty sure we all want Saka and Ƙdegaard to be able to rest more, Jesus too.

Trajectories have nothing to do with it, when you would take out 80-90 million out of other positions you need to reinforce, just to get one striker, when you have Jesus and Nketiah.

If you have a 200M budget itā€™s not about buying five 40M players just to get numbers.

The name of the game is quality. If you buy two top players with that money itā€™s of more value than four or five ok players.

drippin

If you have a 200M budget itā€™s not about buying five 40M players just to get numbers.

The name of the game is quality. If you buy two top players with that money itā€™s of more value than four or five ok players.
Can you count? I said Rice, Lavia and Havertz. That's three players, not 4 or 5 players.

Arsenal would have Rice (very durable), Jorginho/Partey, Lavia and Elneny for next season. Lavia's first season's stats were very good in FBref, only lacking in aerials, tackle success and yellow cards basically, which will very surely improve after first season for a such a young midfielder.

Ƙdegaard & Saka & Jesus quality rotation is much more important, than getting another more defensive midfielder for ~100 million, when you can get Lavia as a bargain from a relegated team. He looks like basically two years younger, future Caicedo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Can you count? I said Rice, Lavia and Havertz. That's three players, not 4 or 5 players.

Arsenal would have Rice (very durable), Jorginho/Partey, Lavia and Elneny for next season. Lavia's first season's stats were very good in FBref, only lacking in aerials and tackle success basically, which will very surely improve after first season for a such a young midfielder.

Ƙdegaard & Saka & Jesus rotation is much more important, than getting another more defensive midfielder for ~100 million, when you can get Lavia as a bargain from a relegated team.

The point is that if Osimhen is a top player the fee isnā€™t important.

I really donā€™t get the comparison to Havertz because one is flying while the other looks like heā€™s heading downwards.

drippin

The point is that if Osimhen is a top player the fee isnā€™t important.

I really donā€™t get the comparison to Havertz because one is flying while the other looks like heā€™s heading downwards.
The fee is always important for Arsenal. I would assume you know that. FFP matters.

Arsenal already has Jesus and Nketiah with long-term contracts. Havertz would be another striker rotation, who can cover Ƙdegaard, or Jesus can move to the wing so Saka gets rest.

If the transfer funds are 200 million, you could basically only get Lavia and Osimhen.

If the funds are 250 million, you could get maybe Caicedo and Osimhen.

It's not wonder Arsenal looks like going for Rice, Lavia and Havertz. It completes the squad in every area, if you also buy a CB/RB. You can do that easily for 250 million.

Naturally I would rather get Rice, Caicedo and Havertz, but again, I just can't go full-on Hairspraying with my expectations.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

The fee is always important for Arsenal. I would assume you know that. FFP matters.

Arsenal already has Jesus and Nketiah with long-term contracts. Havertz would be another striker rotation, who can cover Ƙdegaard, or Jesus can move to the wing so Saka gets rest.

If the transfer funds are 200 million, you could basically only get Lavia and Osimhen.

It's not wonder Arsenal looks like going for Rice, Lavia and Havertz. It completes the squad in every area, if you also buy a CB/RB. You can do that easily for 250 million.

Naturally I would rather get Rice, Caicedo and Havertz, but again, I just can't go full-on Hairspraying with my expectations.

Yeah but again just because you have to be prudent itā€™s better economic sense to buy a world class player for 150M than a pretty average one for a still exorbitant 70M.

Good players is still more important than filling in squad gaps with anyone.

Legend14

Established Member

Your assumption continues to be that Havertz is good enough. He isnā€™t. Its a gamble.

Legend14

Established Member
Arsenal needs a quality player to get more rest for Ƙdegaard and Saka, for an UCL season. Even Jesus. This is very clear to me. Havertz gives that in one player, so is "cheap".

Rest of the funds will be used elsewhere, like midfield, and one CB/RB.

Some people here say Arsenal should get Osimhen for 150+ million, rather than Havertz for 60-70 million...
We canā€™t afford Osimhen, but we canā€™t afford Havertz either if he fails again as he has for the last three seasons. I prefer we get real 9 if we need attack depth. Jesus already plays across the front three and is better than Havertz by a wide margin. Jesus is cheap.

Legend14

Established Member
Why Madrid, Bayern and Arsenal wants Havertz and there is no one for Pepe if he is better ?
Because Havertz comes with so much hype because of his Bundesligia play. Bayern and Madrid should be interested. Non physical leagues, he may do ok.

What other PL teams are interested in him or Pepe.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Maybe he wont

It's not that simple

Yup! Yup! Letā€™s sign Ben Mee šŸ‘šŸ‘Œ

The greatest league in the history of football is the only place where you can get talented players and all other leagues are irrelevant.

drippin

Yeah but again just because you have to be prudent itā€™s better economic sense to buy a world class player for 150M than a pretty average one for a still exorbitant 70M.

Good players is still more important than filling in squad gaps with anyone.
No it's not. It's much better to complete the squad in this window for UCL, having great depth in every area, than to put most of the money on one striker.

Next season you have seen which of the players are good and fit enough, can sell some, and try Osimhen with 1 year left in contract for example.

Napoli will be hell to deal with for all the top clubs needing a striker this window.

Arsenal looks like going with Jesus, Havertz and Nketiah possibly. Even Trossard can play false 9.

Burrata

Player:Saka
Yup! Yup! Letā€™s sign Ben Mee šŸ‘šŸ‘Œ

The greatest league in the history of football is the only place where you can get talented players and all other leagues are irrelevant.

It's not just about the League

But also qualities, profile, gameplan and how you think to integrate a player in our existing squad.

Maybe you laughed too when we signed White and Ramsdale.

Keep laughing, it suits us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom