• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Tierney leaving on a loan deal before losers like Holding, Cedric, Lokonga, Elneny, Tavares doesn’t sit right with me. He’s far more useful than all of them.
I’d accept a good offer like £20-30m, but not a ****ing loan!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tierney leaving on a loan deal before losers like Holding, Cedric, Lokonga, Elneny, Tavares doesn’t sit right with me. He’s far more useful than all of them.
He’s gone because he’s got a good offer and wants to play. The others know they’re **** and are waiting to see if they get better offers than Everton on loan or similar crap.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Some of the responses here seem a little over the top. It sure the injury
Nobody rates him cos Arteta is too rigid and can’t adapt, he had to play the inverted fullback sh*te in every game and Tierney wasn’t great at it and so he eventually never played. Arteta seems to have a special talent for signalling to the world “I don’t like this player, he’s useless!”.

Tierney is a very good player. This isn’t a Bellerin situation, where the player had in fact become not very good. A loan to Sociedad is way below Tierney’s true value.

No offence but that’s crazy. It’s for the player to adapt to the needs of the team. Nobody is saying KT isn’t a good player - he clearly is and seems nice a really nice guy into the bargain but he is just not suited to the way Arteta wants to play.

You don’t switch entire balance and tactics to squeeze one player in (and an injury prone one at that). He’s not Messi and it’s not like we have a Giroud up front to take advantage of his biggest assset (crossing)

Some of the criticism here has been well OTT but then again, wouldn’t be AM if it wasn’t.

Will be sorry to see him go but makes sense. Hopefully does well and makes more of the opportunity than Pepe did…

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
We have a bloated squad right now and it’s not as if clubs are battering down the door for those players. Can certainly see Lokanga and Tavares leaving before window shuts. Elneny is perfectly acceptable given how much game time he is likely to get this season.

Cedric and Holding should be long gone but which club with any level of ambition would take either?

balthazar

In sunny Spain where heat does blaze,
A Scot named Kieran, in amaze,
Found temperatures that left him drained,
His tartan spirit nearly waned.

From distant lands of mist and breeze,
To fields of sunburnt olive trees,
Kieran Tierney, fair of face,
Yearned for a cooler, Scottish grace.

But oh, the sun, a fiery kiss,
Too fierce for one of northern bliss,
Kieran Tierney, fair and true,
In Spain's scorching rays, he'd rue.

A lad from lands of cooler air,
He found the heat too much to bear,
Yet still, he played with all his might,
In sun-drenched stadiums, his fight took flight.

And in this tale of heat and might,
A manager emerged to guide the fight,
Mikel Arteta, a name so known,
Led the team with a purpose shown.

But whispers lingered, here and there,
Of Arteta's ways, some found unfair,
A little dictator, some would claim,
Seeking Pep's mastery, to the same aim.

Though Arteta's tactics may be stern,
From Pep's great tree, new branches learn,
In football's dance, they find their way,
Balancing night and sunlit day.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

In sunny Spain where heat does blaze,
A Scot named Kieran, in amaze,
Found temperatures that left him drained,
His tartan spirit nearly waned.

From distant lands of mist and breeze,
To fields of sunburnt olive trees,
Kieran Tierney, fair of face,
Yearned for a cooler, Scottish grace.

But oh, the sun, a fiery kiss,
Too fierce for one of northern bliss,
Kieran Tierney, fair and true,
In Spain's scorching rays, he'd rue.

A lad from lands of cooler air,
He found the heat too much to bear,
Yet still, he played with all his might,
In sun-drenched stadiums, his fight took flight.

And in this tale of heat and might,
A manager emerged to guide the fight,
Mikel Arteta, a name so known,
Led the team with a purpose shown.

But whispers lingered, here and there,
Of Arteta's ways, some found unfair,
A little dictator, some would claim,
Seeking Pep's mastery, to the same aim.

Though Arteta's tactics may be stern,
From Pep's great tree, new branches learn,
In football's dance, they find their way,
Balancing night and sunlit day.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I really thought Unai would take him back, there is obviously something about the kid we don't know.

I remembered an interview where he said he had problems with accommodating his diet to an elite sports level. He loves chocolates.

It is hard to be at the top. Not that he had what it takes, very one-dimensional for today's football IMO but when you see Unai not even pushing for him, you realize there is more to his case than what we know.

I´m sad because he was very hot, arguably our hottest player.

That ass, those legs, oh boy.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Pleased for KT - wayyyyy too good to not even back the MD squad. I must say, I'm really surprised over the lack of interest from other PL clubs. KT walks into half the first XIs in this league.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Sad to see him leave, too bad he doesn't fit the inverted style we play.

All the best in Spain Kieran!

LuanNguyen

I really thought Unai would take him back, there is obviously something about the kid we don't know.

I remembered an interview where he said he had problems with accommodating his diet to an elite sports level. He loves chocolates.

It is hard to be at the top. Not that he had what it takes, very one-dimensional for today's football IMO but when you see Unai not even pushing for him, you realize there is more to his case than what we know.

So we can't sell him to Saudi Arabia?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Personally I think we could've used him more but it's clear Arteta simply doesn't plan to use him at all. When Tomiyasu, Timber and probably Kiwior are all more likely to play in this position it was absolutely inevitable. As for not being able to get a fee, look I explained this in the Balogun thread, when you don't play a player and make it so obvious you want rid and have no plans for them it's hard to make serious demands and then you'll have the player pushing as well and you can't really stand in their way if you've no plans to use them.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Pleased for KT - wayyyyy too good to not even back the MD squad. I must say, I'm really surprised over the lack of interest from other PL clubs. KT walks into half the first XIs in this league.

There was, they just didn't act on it and opted for different options. Might have been different if other prem teams saw him more, but you'd have to go back a couple seasons for his best football due to injuries and selection woes.

I'm pleased for him anyways he deserves to play, deserves better than 4th choice in this team he's the best orthodox LB on the books.

I wasn't even as high on Tierney as many on here during his peak, but I still believe not being suited to diet Pep ball shouldn't really cost you your career at the highest level.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

I’m nervous this goes sideways.

KT by all accounts struggled a bit adapting to London ffs. He’ll be a fish out of water in Spain. Then again adversity can sometimes push you to a higher level so here’s hoping 🤞

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Great move for him, we put his career on the ropes for no reason. Hopefully does well for himself and we can actually get some money in next year...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

2WZ.gif

dave_rwr

Established Member
Will be sad to see him go. I know he got teased a lot about the whole Tesco bag thing, but to me he felt like one of the last down-to-earth players that felt like "us" in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom