• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ferdi Erenay Kadıoğlu

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

And shoots too apparently.

It’s not the worst thing tbh as Martinelli will finally get an overlap again. But if Zinny is out and we stick with Havertz then we REALLY will struggle with central progression. It will be horrific.
He is a right footed though. Overlap is nice when you can put in a good ball straight away and not have to check back on your stronger foot

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If he doesn’t have a thesis on information processing of the attacking side in 1 v 1 football situations then he’s not the chosen one.

Sit back and patiently wait until the summer would be the best course of action.

Thrice

In modern football, you're probably better off being a right-footed left back or a left-footed right back with the prevalence of wingers that are the same?
Interesting point. It's definitely an advantage against wingers that cut inside. Still not sure if the pros outweigh the cons though because there are overlapping full backs that need to be defended as well. Remember when TAA made Zinchenko's life a living hell? I think this guy would fare even worse.

SupersoakerArsene

Just get Tierney back. Can defend. Quick. Even can play LCB and can overlap. Also speaks English & is an Arsenalfan.

And to make it even worse: i rather see Tavares get back from Forrest then signing this guy for 20 million. Way to expensive for a ''defender'' which can't defend ffs.

If you have the desire to buy a fullback, just buy Miguel Gutierrez (LB) or Arnau Martinez (RB) from Girona, Truffert from Stade Rennais (LB) or if you wanna go really big, sign Frimpong.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He is a right footed though. Overlap is nice when you can put in a good ball straight away and not have to check back on your stronger foot
His weak foot is decent though, not great but he's a lot more confident in it than pretty much everyone in our squad.

He's a good little player, useful to bolster a squad but not sure if he's what we need. Smart on the ball but lacks physicality, big if but if he can improve his defending he could be a Monreal type signing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

A right-footed LB that can't defend? What could possibly go wrong?
The thread doesn't say he can't defend. It says that he is quite good in 1vs1 situations and doesn't go down easily, but that his defensive positioning still needs to be developed.

He just turned 24 years old and has been a more attacking player earlier, so it's not a surprise. But it also says this is an intelligent player so can learn it. Being versatile usually means that the player has quite good football IQ, to learn multiple positions.

drippin

interesting thread.
Additional benefit with overlapping, is that he would be a goal threat from LB position. His long shooting looks pretty great, so against busses that makes the opposition team have to prepare for shots more, than if the player is Zinchenko who is left-footed. Which in turn should open some possibilities for passes.

It's interesting that Fenerbache's biggest sale ever has been 21 million euros apparently. So basically you could likely get him for under 30 million euros in January. It's not a big fee in current markets.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean I like the idea of it, but he is right footed. The whole point of an overlap is being able to go on the outside and be a threat there. Its pointless if he overlaps and then has to cut back. He also will lack physicality. He looks small and an aerial concern.

I think we should be doing something at full back but looking at his career trajectory, he was a promising attacking player who got moved to full back due to his lack of end product. His defending is weaker because he isn't actually a defender.

I also don't like the way "positional" concerns are brushed aside. That's a big ****ing concern. That's Zinis problem. The only way you get away with being out of position is extremely exaggerated physical attributes like an Alphonso Davies. As athletic as Nuno was. He still isn't athletic enough to overcome bad positioning. I'd rather we get Ait Nouri or Estupinian types.

You could move Nelson to full back in Turkey I reckon. Just saying. A winger lacking end product with good ball retention will always look okay at full back.

Gn1212

I mean I like the idea of it, but he is right footed. The whole point of an overlap is being able to go on the outside and be a threat there. Its pointless if he overlaps and then has to cut back. He also will lack physicality. He looks small and an aerial concern.

I think we should be doing something at full back but looking at his career trajectory, he was a promising attacking player who got moved to full back due to his lack of end product. His defending is weaker because he isn't actually a defender.

I also don't like the way "positional" concerns are brushed aside. That's a big ****ing concern. That's Zinis problem. The only way you get away with being out of position is extremely exaggerated physical attributes like an Alphonso Davies. As athletic as Nuno was. He still isn't athletic enough to overcome bad positioning. I'd rather we get Ait Nouri or Estupinian types.

You could move Nelson to full back in Turkey I reckon. Just saying. A winger lacking end product with good ball retention will always look okay at full back.
This is my concern as well. How the **** does an attacking midfielder become an inverting fullback in Turkey of all places.

Surely if he was that good going forward they would take the defensive responsibilities off of him and let him do his work higher up the pitch.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

His weak foot is decent though, not great but he's a lot more confident in it than pretty much everyone in our squad.

He's a good little player, useful to bolster a squad but not sure if he's what we need. Smart on the ball but lacks physicality, big if but if he can improve his defending he could be a Monreal type signing.

I can’t say I know much about him. But they saying his dribbling is his biggest strength. It’s just that Artetas tactic don’t lend themselves to a drinking fullback. He will have Martinelli and Havertz high up on the left which will restrict him and force him to stay.

drippin

If you watch the X thread, you will see that he is good enough with his left foot to make good cutback passes.

I'd rather we get Ait Nouri or Estupinian types.
They are not available for under 30 million euros this January, and will cost like double the money even later. I'm sure anyone would prefer Ait-Nouri or Estupinan, but they have contracts until 2027. So you would need to suggest examples like those who are much cheaper.
Kadioglu is a starting LB/RB for Turkey's national team. Since this Fall he has played against Croatia, Germany and Latvia with wins, and a draw against Wales. Just saying.

drippin

This is my concern as well. How the **** does an attacking midfielder become an inverting fullback in Turkey of all places.
He is not playing inverted fullback for Fenerbache, at least that's what the X thread said.
Surely if he was that good going forward they would take the defensive responsibilities off of him and let him do his work higher up the pitch.
I doubt he would play fullback if he is not good enough with his defending for it. It's also possible they have good enough attackers, and needed a good attacking fullback more.

Bloodbather

Established Member

You say he is not the quickest, and very similar player to Zinchenko. Do you mean he is not quickest like Frimpong and Hakimi, but below them, or that he is as slow as Zinchenko which it sounds like how you wrote it?

Are my eyes lying to me, or what is going on? He looks quite quick to me.

Video starts at the point where he makes a run, but he makes a few later also.

He's quicker than Zinchenko, but it's not a strength of his. You wouldn't gameplan to utilize his pace. He's relatively fast with the ball at his feet, but not fast enough where he's good for a quick recovery on the counter.

As I said in my post a couple pages back, he doesn't play as an inverted FB for Fenerbahçe or Turkey. He could, but neither team is set up that way tactically.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

I doubt he would play fullback if he is not good enough with his defending for it. It's also possible they have good enough attackers, and needed a good attacking fullback more.
Fenerbahçe moved him to full back because they wanted to utilize his strengths but couldn't find him a place. He got basically no opportunities as an AM, then they tried him as a LW. He showed that he was quite talented but had little goalscoring contribution and they wanted more of a forward there. Another reason why he got the opportunity was the foreign player quota in Turkey.

He's done well as a RB and as a LB, and is beloved by Fenerbahçe fans, but the praise is exclusively for his attacking contributions. He's considered a defensive liability that requires protection by Fenerbahçe fans, much in the same way we think of Zinchenko here. Fenerbahçe always deploy a more defensively sound FB (Osayi-Samuel on the right or Oosterwolde on the left) on the other wing to compensate, like we do with White and Tomiyasu.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fenerbahçe moved him to full back because they wanted to utilize his strengths but couldn't find him a place. He got basically no opportunities as an AM, then they tried him as a LW. He showed that he was quite talented but had little goalscoring contribution and they wanted more of a forward there. Another reason why he got the opportunity was the foreign player quota in Turkey.

He's done well as a RB and as a LB, and is beloved by Fenerbahçe fans, but the praise is exclusively for his attacking contributions. He's considered a defensive liability that requires protection by Fenerbahçe fans, much in the same way we think of Zinchenko here. Fenerbahçe always deploy a more defensively sound FB (Osayi-Samuel on the right or Oosterwolde on the left) on the other wing to compensate, like we do with White and Tomiyasu.

Play him on the right and Zinchenko on the left. That way we get penetrated from both sides equally

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom