• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ferdi Erenay Kadıoğlu

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He's done well as a RB and as a LB, and is beloved by Fenerbahçe fans, but the praise is exclusively for his attacking contributions. He's considered a defensive liability that requires protection by Fenerbahçe fans, much in the same way we think of Zinchenko here. Fenerbahçe always deploy a more defensively sound FB (Osayi-Samuel on the right or Oosterwolde on the left) on the other wing to compensate, like we do with White and Tomiyasu.
So he would be quite good more creative and attacking inverted fullback addition for relatively low price in January. This is what Arsenal needs. Arsenal has these defensive inverted fullbacks already.

The biggest problem this season has come from Timber getting injured, and Zinchenko being injury-prone. Then also even Tomiyasu and White have been injured.

It was horrible to see Kiwior as inverted LB and White having a niggling injury in the same game. No overlaps and no proper creativity. Even Tomiyasu isn't that great as the creative inverted fullback, but clearly better than Kiwior.

Btw. why have you seen Kadioglu play "dozens of times"?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

So he would be quite good more creative and attacking inverted fullback addition for relatively low price in January. This is what Arsenal needs. Arsenal has these defensive inverted fullbacks already.

The biggest problem this season has come from Timber getting injured, and Zinchenko being injury-prone. Then also even Tomiyasu and White have been injured.

It was horrible to see Kiwior as inverted LB and White having a niggling injury in the same game. No overlaps and no proper creativity. Even Tomiyasu isn't that great as the creative inverted fullback, but clearly better than Kiwior.

We need fullbacks that can defend.

drippin

He's quicker than Zinchenko, but it's not a strength of his. You wouldn't gameplan to utilize his pace. He's relatively fast with the ball at his feet, but not fast enough where he's good for a quick recovery on the counter.
Okay, thanks. To me he looks fast enough. It's very hard to get a lightning fast LB who is capable to play inverted in January.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Okay, thanks. To me he looks fast enough. It's very hard to get a lightning fast LB who is capable to play inverted in January.

Inverted fullback is not an actual position. It’s your fullback abandoning his fullback position position to go inside midfield. The fact that he is seen as weak defender in Turkish league is enough. And just like Zinchenko he was deemed not good enough in his natural position and put as fullback. Just like we seen with Zinchenko no amount of spin focusing what else a fullback can do can compensate for not being good defender.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If you watch the X thread, you will see that he is good enough with his left foot to make good cutback passes.

They are not available for under 30 million euros this January, and will cost like double the money even later. I'm sure anyone would prefer Ait-Nouri or Estupinan, but they have contracts until 2027. So you would need to suggest examples like those who are much cheaper.

Kadioglu is a starting LB/RB for Turkey's national team. Since this Fall he has played against Croatia, Germany and Latvia with wins, and a draw against Wales. Just saying.
He isn't Cazorla. He isn't so two footed that he can deliver excellent balls in with his left foot while on the run.

It doesn't matter if he started in those games vs those nations. International football isn't the barometer of whether a player will walk into our team and be able to play. Amrabat was one of the best players at the world cup. He isn't exactly lighting up the Premier league is he?

You are choosing to ignore the negatives of that thread. Weakness at positioning. That is the biggest problem at full back. It's the problem we have with Zini right now.

He also looks fast in Turkey. The space he is running in just literally do not occur when we play. He is a wide player who got moved back due to his lack of end product. We expect an attacking full back to have end product. It's essentially no different.

drippin

He isn't Cazorla. He isn't so two footed that he can deliver excellent balls in with his left foot while on the run.
No he isn't, almost no players are, but he is good enough with his wrong foot so he doesn't have to cutback always like you suggested, but can make a cutback pass with his left foot. Him being more right footed would bring another threat with his long shots against busses. Not many fullbacks have a great shot.
Tt doesn't matter if he started in those games vs those nations. International football isn't the barometer of whether a player will walk into our team and be able to play. Amrabat was one of the best players at the world cup. He isn't exactly lighting up the Premier league is he?
I was one who doubted Amrabat will be as great in EPL as he was hyped as. No one will expect that Kadioglu will be a great complete player straight away, but January is a tough window, and I haven't seen any player suggested that is a realistic target for the inverted LB role, for similar money.
You are choosing to ignore the negatives of that thread. Weakness at positioning. That is the biggest problem at full back. It's the problem we have with Zini right now.
I am not ignoring it. Zinchenko's biggest problem isn't so much positioning. It's that he has defensive lapses, and fast wingers easily go past him too often. And he has zero recovery speed. He looks like being almost as slow as Jorginho if you want a comparison.
He also looks fast in Turkey. The space he is running in just literally do not occur when we play. He is a wide player who got moved back due to his lack of end product. We expect an attacking full back to have end product. It's essentially no different.
You really expect the creative fullback at Arsenal (the other one is usually the more defensive one) to have end-product at Arsenal? What is your basis for this? Has Zinchenko had much end-product? Last season Arsenal finished 2nd, made a scoring record, and Zinchenko had 1+2 in EPL in 2150 minutes in the more attacking role. The aim is to have a fullback that is creative enough on the other side, so you have better chances against low blocks.

Even White and Tomiyasu are more on the defensive role players side, not truly creative or as technical as needed for the other role. This is why Arteta tried Partey there when more players were fit. Zinchenko and Timber roles are for what Arteta would get Kadioglu for. This has an huge impact on overall play if there isn't enough creativity in the inverted roles. Just like we saw especially in the first half against Fulham with Kiwior as the LB and niggling White as the RB. Earlier performance against West Ham was dominating, with a lot of chances when Zinchenko played.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What Hawk Is Cooking? Destiny's Hand
Trusted ⭐

In all this excitement, we've yet to hear of Rio Ferdi's take on this potential transfer.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A simple way to measure whether a potential new signing is a good player to get or not is when we see him name in potential lineups, as A-M gets into tactical setups of where he's fit in. As I haven't seen a single lineup with Ferdim Abim in there yet and as per @Idiotologue posts, I think we should skip this one 🙂

I can’t say I know much about him. But they saying his dribbling is his biggest strength. It’s just that Artetas tactic don’t lend themselves to a drinking fullback....
ron burgundy GIF

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I like this for the simple reason that my wife, who is Turkish, might start following Arsenal. The downside is that, unfortunately, she will end up in deep depression as a result of this. But hey, at least we'll have football to blame for our therapy bills.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I like this for the simple reason that my wife, who is Turkish, might start following Arsenal. The downside is that, unfortunately, she will end up in deep depression as a result of this. But hey, at least we'll have football to blame for our therapy bills.

What if her favourite player becomes Kai Havertz tho?

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
No he isn't, almost no players are, but he is good enough with his wrong foot so he doesn't have to cutback always like you suggested, but can make a cutback pass with his left foot. Him being more right footed would bring another threat with his long shots against busses. Not many fullbacks have a great shot.

I was one who doubted Amrabat will be as great in EPL as he was hyped as. No one will expect that Kadioglu will be a great complete player straight away, but January is a tough window, and I haven't seen any player suggested that is a realistic target for the inverted LB role, for similar money.

I am not ignoring it. Zinchenko's biggest problem isn't so much positioning. It's that he has defensive lapses, and fast wingers easily go past him too often. And he has zero recovery speed. He looks like being almost as slow as Jorginho if you want a comparison.

You really expect the creative fullback at Arsenal (the other one is usually the more defensive one) to have end-product at Arsenal? What is your basis for this? Has Zinchenko had much end-product? Last season Arsenal finished 2nd, made a scoring record, and Zinchenko had 1+2 in EPL in 2150 minutes in the more attacking role. The aim is to have a fullback that is creative enough on the other side, so you have better chances against low blocks.

Even White and Tomiyasu are more on the defensive role players side, not truly creative or as technical as needed for the other role. This is why Arteta tried Partey there when more players were fit. Zinchenko and Timber roles are for what Arteta would get Kadioglu for. This has an huge impact on overall play if there isn't enough creativity in the inverted roles. Just like we saw especially in the first half against Fulham with Kiwior as the LB and niggling White as the RB. Earlier performance against West Ham was dominating, with a lot of chances when Zinchenko played.

How many games have you seen of this guy?

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom