• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bobby Pires Poll

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 147
  • Views 4,468

What should we do about Bobby?

• Let him keep diving as he scores loads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get him sorted out with a warning

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

ozgooner said:
can anyone tell me how many goals pires got from frees last year compared to rvn?? i think there will big abig difference! :x

i dont know, but dont worry scottish lass is getting her notebook out to record the diving statistics of Pires and Van horseface for a bet next season or so she says :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and Adam, the day you find the time to stick up for me remind me because i want to celebrate by throwing a really big party :x

and Adam, Scottish lass said this..personally i feel that diving is the worse thing to happen in the sport and i dont think he deserves to play for arsenal because he uses tactics like that,

Pires dont deserve to play for Arsenal, and i shouldnt be rude, after all Pires has done for us and I shouldnt be rude, the word grudge springs to mind

Serip

I agree this topic is ridiculous. People are really milking the Portsmouth penalty incident, get over it. When Pires goes down it's to protect himself after that bad injury a couple of years back. Notice the way he never asks for a free kick or penalty when he goes down and always gets straight back up. When he went down in the area during the Ajax game it was to not put any pressure on his leg, it kinda reminded me of a judo break fall. He doesn't scream when he goes down, he doesn't ask for other players to be booked, he can be agressive yet totally non-violent and if a penalty isn't given he gets on with it. Please do not compare RVN to Pires, the two players are completely different.

We are VERY lucky to have Robert in our team, he's a great talent, a very friendly person and his loyalty is very genuine. It really is a joy to watch him play or to listen to/see him on French radio/television. He is so down to earth and intelligent, if only more footballers were like him. To label him as a cheat and to say that you don't want him to play for Arsenal really is awful.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
bobbypires said:
Do you really think he's a diver like VanNistelrooy? Incredible, girl. One against Pompey and maybe 2 or 3 more and now all this crap?

I think that's a little disingenious of you, Rob, and I know he's your favourite player, never needs an invitation to go down. Quite frankly, I completely agree with the stick he gets, because not only is it irrtating and embarrassing to watch, it's f'cking boring!

He is a class player, but I really wish he didn't go down so much.

brianfrance

Established Member
Serip said:
We are VERY lucky to have Robert in our team, he's a great talent, a very friendly person and his loyalty is very genuine. It really is a joy to watch him play or to listen to/see him on French radio/television. He is so down to earth and intelligent, if only more footballers were like him. To label him as a cheat and to say that you don't want him to play for Arsenal really is awful.
Well said

Aussie

Established Member
Shut up you bloody bunch of 3 year olds.

YASKL every time you post you seem to get into bloody two year old slanging matches.

kenada

I think its got a lot to do with his style of running, he does look really really light on his feet etc so that could have a lot to do with it really.

He's a great player reguardless imo.

A

Anonymous

yaskl said:
Scottish Lass said:
Been thinking alot about this and having a few arguements with people about this situation.. here goes... should we let bobby pires keep diving because he scores lots of goals or should we get him sorted out ..

personally i feel that diving is the worse thing to happen in the sport and i dont think he deserves to play for arsenal because he uses tactics like that,

i wanna hear ur views to see if ur gonna contradict urselfs by saying that we should let pires keep diving because he scores goals .. in that case we shouldnt moan about rvn diving because he scores goals by using the same method...

what a stupid post, the others are ***** footing about because your a girl and they have never got laid before, but since i've got a stunning bird and hence not looking for any i can be frank with you.

Pires does not dive certainly not often enough to warrant a post on it. He took a semi dive against Portmouth and nobody wants to forget it, leave him alone he's a class act he gives his all and off the pitch you couldnt wish to meet a nicer guy.

You do not need to label him as we label Van horseface jeffers, he's not in there league when it comes yto diving, if Pires's diving really bothers you how come you have not mentioned it before, also i'd like another example of when he took a fully fledged dive to outright cheat, as Ruud Van.... does at every oppotunity, as for Ruuds ability as far as i m concerned he is the best finisher inside the box that there is.

for once i agree with u yaskl =)
pires doesnt go out to dive its more self consicious cos he had a horrific injury and doesnt want another one in his last years of his playin career but i tihnk blatant dives r like the one that neville, ****aldo and rvn do (i specified mancs cos they r **** :p)
if u look at where or when he "dives" it happens more often when he makes contact with someone else so rather than chance falling awkwardly and injuryin himself he just falls down easily to protect himself
i dont call pires a diver
ppl in la liga and portugese league give the definition of diving

A

Anonymous

let's keep count here then..
who can remind us of an RVN dive from last season?anyone dive that RVN did which won him a penalty or a free kick.?
and also Pires's dives..let's compete Statistics to statistics.

Soler

Established Member
Scottish Lass said:
well said ur arse... rvn does the same hes had a horrific injury before he went to man utd so give hima break too yeh? oh w8 he doesnt play for arsenal he cant get away with diving ... u make me sick

Heh. :roll:

0,,2004300391,00.jpg

Serip said:
I agree this topic is ridiculous. People are really milking the Portsmouth penalty incident, get over it. When Pires goes down it's to protect himself after that bad injury a couple of years back. Notice the way he never asks for a free kick or penalty when he goes down and always gets straight back up. When he went down in the area during the Ajax game it was to not put any pressure on his leg, it kinda reminded me of a judo break fall. He doesn't scream when he goes down, he doesn't ask for other players to be booked, he can be agressive yet totally non-violent and if a penalty isn't given he gets on with it. Please do not compare RVN to Pires, the two players are completely different.

Ill second what you have just said... Dont compare the 2 players and if u do lets juss say they both dive to protect their injuries....personally i believe C. Ronaldo dives more than RVN

KingReyes

Established Member
I think what Adam said at the start pretty much sums it up for me. Its not his diving that he needs to sort but the way he goes down so easily. However when you look around which player doesn't go down too easily. Its become part of the game and we must accept it.

Pires might have a valid excuse, he would rather go down easily and ensure his knee is still safe than try to past a tackle like the one against Newcastle when he did his knee and **** it up again. Its part of his game, it might not be pretty but its also a rare site. What counts is his performances and if its like last season then we will once again see an awesome Pires which is what really counts.

slapz

He dived two or three times last season with only one being in the box which was against Pompey and that was debateable. However, we stunk against Pompey that day and were 1-0 down at the time so coulda lost that game. I dont give a monkey's if it's not right that he dived but if he hadnt gone down, we woulda lost and all this unbeaten run would never have happened. So let him dive if he wants to... thats like telling Patrick never to slide in for a tackle again

Players with quick feet and tricks are going to be fouled more and more and it looks like a dive. The fake Ronaldo goes down a lot cos of his "nimble feet" and he sometimes get a clip or someone is about to clip him so its the same for them both

Do you lot remember 1997 when Robbie Fowler went round seaman and fell cos he knew an impact was coming with seaman and the ref gave a penalty even tho Robbie was frantically saying that there was no contact whatsoever and it wasnt a penalty but the referee gave it on the basis of there was likely to be contact? Whats the difference between that and Pires falling cos he saw Stefanovic's leg come out in his direction?

In conclusion, I reckon he should just play how he wants, dives and all without worrying about what people think of him

bobbypires

Established Member
Serip said:

True, mate.

patrick42uk

Established Member
diving is a part of the game that wont go away. if you are having a word with bobby about it, you would have to talk to every single player because everyone does it to an extent. i dont really care if he dives, as long as he keeps performing. and what a performance he gave yesterday. really took the game by the scruff of the neck.

pires does dive by the way. on some occassions it might have something to do with his injury, but there is intent on others. valencia and pompey spring to mind. but then henry did it against man utd, and vieira does it just as much as pires.

calvinngai88

Pointless thread. Who cares whether Pires dives a not, as long he plays well, who gives the fu*k. Worldclass players like Rivaldo, C.Ronaldo, RVN, all dive before too. Are you going to say that players who dive will be hated? NO, C.Ronaldo's still being idolised by many fans, RVN too. So? Conclusion : Leave it to be, stop talking about all these crap anymore. Get down seriously and enjoy the beautiful game. If there aren't any controversial decisions by referees, the game wouldn't be exciting at all.

slapz

calvinngai88 said:
Pointless thread. Who cares whether Pires dives a not, as long he plays well, who gives the fu*k. Worldclass players like Rivaldo, C.Ronaldo, RVN, all dive before too. Are you going to say that players who dive will be hated? NO, C.Ronaldo's still being idolised by many fans, RVN too. So? Conclusion : Leave it to be, stop talking about all these crap anymore. Get down seriously and enjoy the beautiful game. If there aren't any controversial decisions by referees, the game wouldn't be exciting at all.

:respect

jackycreegs

let him dive if he wants to... thats like telling Patrick never to slide in for a tackle again

in what way is it like that? diving is cheating. sliding in for tackles is not.

diving is a part of the game that wont go away. if you are having a word with bobby about it, you would have to talk to every single player because everyone does it to an extent

this is, unfortunately, very true. i reckon in 10-15 years time there'll be so much diving going on that i'll find the game unwatchable.

stop talking about all these crap anymore. Get down seriously and enjoy the beautiful game

unfortunately diving serously hampers my enjoyment of the beautiful game. it goes completely against what i see as the spirit of it. there is nothing more infuriating than seeing a player go to ground of his own accord and being rewarded for it. i really don't like seeing arsenal players doing it.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom