• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2 Ramsey Questions

fabo

6.51 / 10
Ramsey as back-up to Jack/Cesc, I'd give him another start or two before the season is out but I'm not sure Stoke is the place to do that. If Cesc is fit we definitely need him for that one, last year we wouldn't have beaten 10 man Stoke without him.

We still need to buy another defensively capable CM mind you, someone to compete with Song and give us some experience in that area of the field.

banduan

Established Member
Rotate Ramsey, Jack and Cesc. Each are fairly different versions of pretty much the same role.

edit: btw, Ramsey is still capable of producing a prodiguous amount of hospital balls, so he still has a lot of improving to do.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Ideally he'll still be a squad player next season but should get loads of games - filling in for Jack or Cesc when injuries arise or at the very least rotating regularly.

We're too keen to play our best players in every game. Hopefully having quality depth like Ramsey will mean we don't burnout in February or March.

CandysRoom

Established Member
banduan said:
Rotate Ramsey, Jack and Cesc. Each are fairly different versions of pretty much the same role.

edit: btw, Ramsey is still capable of producing a prodiguous amount of hospital balls, so he still has a lot of improving to do.

Only way he'll cut this out is experience through game time.

Martens

What happened to Frimpong? I read somewhere that he's recovered? Could he feature at all this season?

outlaw_member

Established Member
No, unless Fabregas is mentally or physically unfit to play.

No, not until a few years down the line when Wilshere and Ramsey can realistically be expected to act as our creative hub for the length of an entire season. Until then, we'd need to replace Fabregas with a player from outside the club, if he leaves this summer.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

outlaw_member said:

No, not until a few years down the line when Wilshere and Ramsey can realistically be expected to act as our creative hub for the length of an entire season. Until then, we'd need to replace Fabregas with a player from outside the club, if he leaves this summer.

Agree with this neither are at that level if Fabregas leaves we would need to replace him with someone from outside .

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
celestis said:
outlaw_member said:

Agree with this neither are at that level if Fabregas leaves we would need to replace him with someone from outside .

Problem is - I can't think of anyone from outside who can do the Fabregas job well. We'll have to look at different means to compensate for the huge loss in creativity and assertive and pinpoint passing from centre of midfield.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
If Cesc leaves, i wouldn't look for a technical midfielder at all. I'd bring in 2 players:

1. A box to box CM/DM
2. A top class attacker

I'd play Song as holding midfielder, Wilshere and Nasri as CM's. Ramsey and new CM as cover with the option of playing Nasri in the front 3.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
sabret00the said:
Play him till the end of the season in place of Fabregas?

And if his role ultimately a squad player (backup to Fabregas) or will he be a Fabregas replacement?

1.) Yes, if Fabs isn't fit / won't be playing for us due to other reasons.

2.) This question is imo difficult to answer, because there're other questions coming with that as well, mainly:
Do we need a 1:1 replacement for Fabs, once he's left us?
I don't think so.

I don't want us to be too reliant on the creativity of one certain player, I don't want us to be too reliant on the fitness of one player, and I don't want us to be too predictable in our play, because of the over-reliance on one certain player.

With Ramsey alongside Jack, those "duties" are imo better shared between each other, none of both is some sort of restricted in his game due to the quality of a world class player like Fabs alongside him.

So basically, I don't see Ramsey himself as a Fabs replacement, but the combination of Ramsey and Jack.
Of course, I've only seen one game with both playing, but imo the chemistry looks right and the whole midfield was perfectly balanced in that game.

No question, that that's possible with Fabs playing either (re balance), but not in his current role.

Ricky_AFC

I can't think of many outside the club, certainly not any who are going to be easy to sign, who could come in to do take Cesc's place if he leaves. I think Nasri is probably the best option available to fill those boots, so if it comes to I'd want him moved in centrally and us to purchase a quality winger in his place.

I don't think Ramsey would be ready to fill Cesc's void next season should he leave, but as someone said earlier he could take the Diaby/Denilson game time which will be plenty of game time and actually give us someone quality backup.

Y va marquer

Established Member
It would be a step backwards for the team if Cesc were to leave this summer.
He's not been at his best this season but even so he was still central to some of our best performances in the January and February period.

Jack and Ramsey looked good on Sunday but that United midfield was below par and tired (not that their midfield is all that great even on a good day).

It's too much too soon to expect them to replace Cesc on a permanent basis.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
If all three are fit, I can see us trying that midfield out when we are chasing games against lesser teams. That would be a good beginning and a good test of whether these three can work together.

There is light

This midfield will have perfect balance, it will no doubt be a thing of beauty but remains to be seen if that happens, wenger will persist with one of song/diaby and rotate ramsey/wilshere. Cesc starts when he isn't injured and we should buy a good central attacking midfielder who can replace cesc when needed i.e. a replacement for rosicky.

DK Gooner

It would be great to try all 3 as I have been an advocate of better "passing" footballers in our midfield trio rather than sacrificing one to accomodate a DM - Song is OK but against good teams he can easily be by-passed so IMO he he should be back-up if that tactic is not effective in a particular game. While I have no doubt about their ability, the dynamic with the rest of the team needs to fit. At the moment Clichy and Sagna are not providing the required thrust from the flanks, and the movement of our front 3 often leaves the middle cramped rather than creating space for our midfield schemers to exploit.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom