• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2017/18 Surprise Story?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wasn't long ago that people we're fawning over him because we went a period where we wouldn't lose with him in the squad.

Well those fans are stupid.

You might be on to something!

Furthermore the way Wenger sets the team up has seen many defenders look like complete fools.

That's true and fair enough. I'm not saying he's poor, even if he wasn't particularly great at Valencia imo ; I just don't think he's done enough here to be considered a good signing yet

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If you had balls you'd have said Wenger might be the surprise package... But deep down we both know you're faithless and angling to pull your willie from his bottom :D
Feeble banter. You've been as lost a monk in a nunnery, since we've been winning.

Still, a draw or loss tomorrow and you'll be back to your old self. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Feeble banter. You've been as lost a monk in a nunnery, since we've been winning.

Still, a draw or loss tomorrow and you'll be back to your old self. :rolleyes:
How the **** is a 'lost monk in a nunnery' meant to feel? I'm thinking 'quietly cockahoop' but then I'm sure that's not what you mean :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Since we've been 'winning' :lol:

Another corker tbf.
Last 6 of last season, first two of this, with a first team squad. That's an 8 unbeaten run and not a draw in sight. Including Chelsea x 2 and ManU for all the bozos who keep faking that we never beat a top team :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Last 6 of last season, first two of this, with a first team squad. That's an 8 unbeaten run and not a draw in sight. Including Chelsea x 2 and ManU for all the bozos who keep faking that we never beat a top team :lol:
I'd stop now if I were you, for the sake of everyone... What happened the last time you were crowing about being the 'last unbeaten team since the opening day' or something (or some mental stat you dug up to crown Wenger with)... Yeah, we didn't see you for about a fortnight as we immediately fell in a ****ing hole :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think Mustafi will have a good year in a back three, expect him to be the one in the middle with most like Kos and Nacho either side of him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Are you trolling me? :mad:

But seriously, I can't. I can see a new keeper going straight in over Cech before Ospina gets a proper go. I want us to pay what it takes for Pickford.
Cech strikes me as the type of guy who's going to fall off a cliff performance wise, rather than a steady decline. We've already seen the signs.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Giroud - this pick is partly a function of people overrating Lacazette and underrating Giroud. People are expecting Lacazette to tear it up and keep Giroud firmly on the bench. Have a feeling their goal tally for the season won't be miles apart like some might think.

Mustafi - good player IMO. Had a bad spell that he never quite came out of last season, but it came at a time when the wheels were falling off and the squad never really bounced back. I expect him to have a strong season and hold down a starting spot as long as he's fit.

Iwobi - I think this will be the year he nails down a starting spot, and to be frank, would be little disappointed if he wasn't able to. Don't think some rate him that highly, but he's too notch, the best youngsters we've had come through the academy since Jack.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Cech strikes me as the type of guy who's going to fall off a cliff performance wise, rather than a steady decline. We've already seen the signs.
It's already been a slow decline. He started going downhill the season before Courtois replaced him. Been getting worse ever since.

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Here's a wildcard: Bielik.

When he came here he was a DM, and we're converting him into a CB, right?

Well what if we tried to steer him in the direction of someone like Eric Dier, a player who can adapt simultaneously to both DM and CB when needed.

Bielik is 19 and has just come back from injury, so i'm not saying he's going to be in the first XI any time soon obviously. But if his development continues could he be a long-term solution to our DM issue? His passing is very good but he could also slot in beside two CBs when necessary during a game, like Dier or Matic. Just a thought.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Here's a wildcard: Bielik.

When he came here he was a DM, and we're converting him into a CB, right?

Well what if we tried to steer him in the direction of someone like Eric Dier, a player who can adapt simultaneously to both DM and CB when needed.

Bielik is 19 and has just come back from injury, so i'm not saying he's going to be in the first XI any time soon obviously. But if his development continues could he be a long-term solution to our DM issue? His passing is very good but he could also slot in beside two CBs when necessary during a game, like Dier or Matic. Just a thought.
Oh Lord. And I don't mean Bendtner.

Next time keep thoughts like this to yourself. Bielik :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom