• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3rd Place

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Yeah - and getting a good run together is just what you need to put in an amazing Championship winning run.

I'm not being funny but you've always got to look at being first. You only start looking at second when you can't get first. And since we can still get first that is where we should be looking.

"If you aim for the stars and miss you still get the moon."

Wenger14

Established Member
It's all good aiming high and aiming for first. But certain situations call for realistic ambitions. Finishing first would mean chelsea dropping 23 points at least in the next 13 games, and that too only if we win our remaining 14 games.

Sounds funny doesn't it ;), hey you never know!

yonatan

I only see that possible if Chelsea have a Munich which I'm sure none of us wish them...

And no Wheelori, you aren't allowed to respond to this.

polaris sc

JazzG said:
I still think 2nd is just about possible. The mancs are 8 points clear if we win our game in hand. They still have to play us, Chelsea, Sp**s, Newcastle and Bolton away which means it could get a bit tricky for them.

Probably wont happen as I cant see us winning most of our games but ya never know eh.....

come on, lets just hope for a top four finish, anything better than is great-

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm with Polaris - if we manage top 4, I'll be more than happy with the work Wenger's done in the second half of the season, and feel most positive about the future.

famous no 10

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I'm with Polaris - if we manage top 4, I'll be more than happy with the work Wenger's done in the second half of the season, and feel most positive about the future.

Indeed...and keep the Spuds as the traditional nearly men of football.

kel varnsen

Established Member
3rd is really the best we can hope for and even that is a bit of a stretch. we're just not good enough. at least so it would seem...

Legend#1

Established Member
Everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves and looking past Bolton imo.

IF we beat them.. then let's start talking.

AFCG7

Established Member
To hell with 3rd place.. we must get 2nd!.. ok so we are a good few points off the Mancs.. but we need to beat the crap out of them at Old TRafford and narrow the gap..we'll also have to knock LIverpool over..not sure how we will do it with the squad as it is..but what the hell.
Wenger..damn you..we needed a CM at the start of the season!

Viper

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
To hell with 3rd place.. we must get 2nd!.. ok so we are a good few points off the Mancs.. but we need to beat the crap out of them at Old TRafford and narrow the gap..we'll also have to knock LIverpool over..not sure how we will do it with the squad as it is..but what the hell.
Wenger..damn you..we needed a CM at the start of the season!
We've got Diaby here, our midfield looks a lot secure with him!

I think we'll beat Liverpool at Anfield. Their attack is ****e and I'm sure our defence would stop their attack. We also should have Gilbert, Cole, Toure, Campbell in the backline.

JazzG

Established Member
polaris sc said:
JazzG said:
I still think 2nd is just about possible. The mancs are 8 points clear if we win our game in hand. They still have to play us, Chelsea, Sp**s, Newcastle and Bolton away which means it could get a bit tricky for them.

Probably wont happen as I cant see us winning most of our games but ya never know eh.....

come on, lets just hope for a top four finish, anything better than is great-

A top 2 position is still well within our reach. I refuse to sit here and think we should compete with ****ing Sp**s over the 4th CL place, that is embarrasing and I am forever the optimist.

We probably won't finish 2nd though as we have struggled to be consistant but if we can get Cole and Campbell back in form I think we will be ok. The main reason I think it is possible is Liverpool and Man utd not really being consistant in recent times themselves. They both look shaky as **** and if there was ever a time to seize the moment and put a run together it is right now!

qs

Established Member
3rd and 4th arent very different. TBH I dont care as long as we get a CL spot.

If we could get 2nd Id dance around in joy. Cos really 2nd is all anyone bar the russians can hope for.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
This thread will quickly turn into a wrist-slitting affair if we lose to Bolton. I've seen it happen before. We should take it the cliched one game at a time and not think about other teams for now. Once our house is in order, the results will come naturally.

jeromelee

Gazza Martinez said:
This thread will quickly turn into a wrist-slitting affair if we lose to Bolton. I've seen it happen before. We should take it the cliched one game at a time and not think about other teams for now. Once our house is in order, the results will come naturally.

Too true.

the dawn raids

Established Member
how quickly football changes; the scousers looked untouchable, now theyve got a fight for a cl spot if theyre not careful. but weve got them twice, the mancs once more, Sp**s once more. and then of course bolton at the weekend; theres still so much football left.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Yeah - and getting a good run together is just what you need to put in an amazing Championship winning run.

I'm not being funny but you've always got to look at being first. You only start looking at second when you can't get first. And since we can still get first that is where we should be looking.

"If you aim for the stars and miss you still get the moon."
I am with you Exiled , you have to aim for the best or at least above your goal , only in the chase for 1st can you get 2nd. I want 2nd . Lets not worry about our defencies , lets just win , win ugly , I don't care but how , but end result we have to win . Our main striker only needs two chances and Reyes is excellent as winning penalties. Keep our defensive and midfield shape and we can definitely grind out a run.

Zico

Established Member
I would dearly like second place, but I think that the Mancs look relatively comfortable for that spot. Liverpool's recent woes could give us a chance for a three-way contest for the last two Champs League spots, which gives us better chances than just two teams battling for one spot.

You sunny optimists do realise though, that if we keep fumbling around, we could fall all the way to 9th in a matter of two weekends. :-(

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom