• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3rd Place

Zico

Established Member
And oh, you guys should actually hope that we don't get as high as 2nd or as low as 5th. We need to be in Champs league for obvious reasons, but we don't want to do too well. I don't want to hear Wenger saying that our current midfield and defense are good enough to consistently compete with the big boys next season simply because we managed to finish 2nd in the league.

cc

yonatan said:
I only see that possible if Chelsea have a Munich which I'm sure none of us wish them...

probably, chelski may be found of doing a Marseilles as what happened in 1993 when AW's MOnaco finished 2nd. will the history repeat ? :roll:

phonics

theodore said:
I really doubt it, we lost 8 games this season already. The most out of the teams above us. They really have to drop alot of points for us to catch up.

But Arsenal have a habit of motoring on in the second half of the season, since Wenger came anyway.

We do take a while to gel and get the consistency right.

Next season it's crucial we start strongly by not conceding any goals or losing any games, that way you build up momentum.

By the way, question to everyone:

When was the last time Arsenal came back from 2 - 0 down and won the game.

Kanu Hat-trick against Chelsea no?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Quincy - your logic is seriously flawed. By your reckoning it's better to have to go through the qualifying rounds of next years Champions League with all the extra games that involves (especially in a World Cup year) than qualify automatically.

Madness.

gunnerGH

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Quincy - your logic is seriously flawed. By your reckoning it's better to have to go through the qualifying rounds of next years Champions League with all the extra games that involves (especially in a World Cup year) than qualify automatically.

Madness.

****, I forgot about that, our players are gonna be well ****ed for next season. The best ones wont even get a rest

Ratinho

Established Member
2-0 against Villa? Wasn't that in teh unbeaten season? I migth be miles out.

Anyway, we should be aiming for second. We should be striving to take every point possible, so that if we lose with 3-4 games left and 2nd/srd goes out of reach, we can look behind us and be comfortable in the CL places.

Sp**s have improved, Bolton, West Ham and Wigan have had great seasons, but we are the only side making them look better than they are. We have had a very poor season, and we're 5 points off the NEW AND IMPROVED AMAZING Liverpool. :roll:

We're in a glitch, and all it takes is effort to move us out of it, because technically we are simply better than these sides.

polaris sc

JazzG said:
polaris sc said:
JazzG said:
I still think 2nd is just about possible. The mancs are 8 points clear if we win our game in hand. They still have to play us, Chelsea, Sp**s, Newcastle and Bolton away which means it could get a bit tricky for them.

Probably wont happen as I cant see us winning most of our games but ya never know eh.....

come on, lets just hope for a top four finish, anything better than is great-

A top 2 position is still well within our reach. I refuse to sit here and think we should compete with f****g Sp**s over the 4th CL place, that is embarrasing and I am forever the optimist.

We probably won't finish 2nd though as we have struggled to be consistant but if we can get Cole and Campbell back in form I think we will be ok. The main reason I think it is possible is Liverpool and Man utd not really being consistant in recent times themselves. They both look shaky as f**k and if there was ever a time to seize the moment and put a run together it is right now!

the pool and man utd maybe shaky at the moment, but we have yet to win two away games in a row, hopefully this is our turning point in the season but i really think we been to shocking this season to get anything better than fourth

polaris sc

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Guys - there's still nearly a third of the season left, it's not like we're going into the last couple of games. Loads of time.

hears to the future, god only knows what it will bring

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ratinho said:

Anyway, we should be aiming for second. We should be striving to take every point possible, so that if we lose with 3-4 games left and 2nd/srd goes out of reach, we can look behind us and be comfortable in the CL places.

Sp**s have improved, Bolton, West Ham and Wigan have had great seasons, but we are the only side making them look better than they are. We have had a very poor season, and we're 5 points off the NEW AND IMPROVED AMAZING Liverpool. :roll:

We're in a glitch, and all it takes is effort to move us out of it, because technically we are simply better than these sides.

Ratinho is absolutely right , we are at out ****test and we are still 5th . If we grind out some wins eventually we will build some steam and confidence. Reality is we have more potential in the squad then we did a few years ago. I can feel a run coming ever since Lehmann made that awesome save to stop Jarosik. Its **** like that starts it . 10% improvement over the next few weeks will do wonders.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
celestis said:
Ratinho said:

Ratinho is absolutely right , we are at out ****test and we are still 5th . If we grind out some wins eventually we will build some steam and confidence. Reality is we have more potential in the squad then we did a few years ago. I can feel a run coming ever since Lehmann made that awesome save to stop Jarosik. Its s**t like that starts it . 10% improvement over the next few weeks will do wonders.

10% is for lazy bums.

100% should do the trick.

Ratinho

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
I wish people will stop getting over optimistic until AFTER the Bolton result.

I don't even think it's that mate. It's that we can see dregs of form starting to return to the side, and as this happens we look at the table and see the mighty Liverpool 5 points clear, with only a slightly better away record and no strikers as good as our third choice. :lol:

I've worked it out on BBC's predictor and we finish 4th by 3 points, and that was me being negative on the whole, giving Sp**s and 'pool the 50-50 games, and having us getting 1 point from the three games with Liverpool and Man Utd. :D

Legend#1

Established Member
:lol:

I know Brum away was a great resultl especially considering our away form.. but we must beat Bolton before we can start worrying about 3rd place.. If we beat Bolton, then we can really look forward for Wengerball vs Hoof Ball next Tuesday night.

But the last time the board got waaayyyyy over optimistic was when we beat 'Boro 7-0.. and what happened in the next game? Possibly the worst away performance of the season against Everton.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
But the last time the board got waaayyyyy over optimistic was when we beat 'Boro 7-0.. and what happened in the next game? Possibly the worst away performance of the season against Everton.

True, I still think Bolton away was the worst, but meh, the situation's been reversed.

We won away from home.

If we can win at home then who knows.

I was fairly confident of at least third at the start of the season. I still think Arsenal are in with a good shout of finishing there.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

bojed said:
celestis said:
Ratinho said:

Ratinho is absolutely right , we are at out ****test and we are still 5th . If we grind out some wins eventually we will build some steam and confidence. Reality is we have more potential in the squad then we did a few years ago. I can feel a run coming ever since Lehmann made that awesome save to stop Jarosik. Its s**t like that starts it . 10% improvement over the next few weeks will do wonders.

10% is for lazy bums.

100% should do the trick.

:lol: 100% improvement on our current form and we win the champions league.

Ratinho

Established Member
Already learning to say the right things, not going over the top or playing things down.

Cesc >*

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom