• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A-M Xpert Eleven League - (Apply for New Season)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I only got 8 visible increases. Damn disappointing. Oh well.

Hi IG, miss having you around as proper competition. Nowadays the managers can't cut it ;)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hi, when do you guys what to start the season?

In order to make the league more exciting, I have a few ideas for you guys to vote on.

1) Open applications to Lobby personnel and move this thread to lobby so discussions are more frequent?
2) Allow dirty tricks?
3) Boost the worst team in the league?

Ideas and vote please

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Start date: whenever

#1 Won't work. (LMs playing might be OK).

#2 Never played in a league with them. How do they work? Any examples?

#3 So long as a reliable manager is in charge I'm OK with boosting.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
I'd have doubts over the Lobbyists but at the same time it seems to be dying a slow death without new bloodso I guess need to be open minded. Am OK with the other two

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AnthonyG said:
Start date: whenever

#1 Won't work. (LMs playing might be OK).

#2 Never played in a league with them. How do they work? Any examples?

#3 So long as a reliable manager is in charge I'm OK with boosting.
What do you mean by this? Let them play but thread stays here?

In that case there will still be a lack of discussions and the LM will die off because they are bored and no banters between us and them

uva_gunner86

I am open to any of these ideas, so I will defer to the majority here.

However, I did a little research on the "Dirty Tricks" option, which I have included below.

GENERAL:

On the dirty tricks page you can choose between a numbers of different dirty tricks from a drop down menu. When you select one of them you are given a brief explanation of what that specific dirty trick can result in. When you are planning a dirty trick you will have to do a quick risk analysis since there are no guarantees that it will be successful. There is always a risk the mission fails and the money you have spent will not be returned even if the dirty tricks fail. Every trick has a certain risk of failure. How big this risk is you see in the information on it. There is also a risk that you will be exposed as the one responsible for the dirty tricks and then the team you tried to hurt will surely try to get its own back in one way or another. You risk getting caught irrespective of whether the dirty trick is successful or not. How big the risk of getting caught is you can also find in the information on each dirty trick.

There is also a slight chance that someone else beats you to it. If you for example put soap on the floor in the shower room just after someone else has done the same to the same team it would have no additional effect. You would not however receive any such information on the dirty tricks page so to make sure no one else has just tried the same thing you must read the league news. If the dirty trick you have planned already has been done you can always choose another one or another victim."

DIRTY TRICKS EXAMPLES:

Draw new lines
Description: You hire a gang of hooligans to draw a whole lot of new lines on an opponent´s pitch. If it succeeds the affected team will have to pay to clean the pitch up.
Risk of exposure: 40%
Risk of failure: 40%
Cost: 300 000 econ

Give away preparated beverages
Description: You get a top salesman to sell in a free set of beverages to one of your opponents which is supposed to give their players new strength. But you have prepared the drinks with laxative and other things to give them stomache problems instead. Their players will therefore fall ill and lose some form.
Risk of exposure: 25%
Risk of failure: 55%
Cost: 550 000 econ

Let out field mice
Description: You get hold of roughly 400 field mice and let them out onto an opponent's football pitch. Hopefully they will do a lot of damage before they are discovered. The affected team will then have to pay for new grass to be laid on the pitch and to find an alternative place to train for the time being.
Risk of exposure: 35%
Risk of failure: 40%
Cost: 550 000 econ

Puncture all balls
Description: You pay some local trouble makers to break in to an opponent's training facility and puncture all their balls. If the mission succeeds the affected team will have to pay for a new set of balls and their players will lose some form because of missed training.
Risk of exposure: 25%
Risk of failure: 50%
Cost: 300 000 econ

Spread soap on the shower room floor
Description: You hire someone to spread soap all over the shower room floor of one of your opponents. The floor will of course be very slippery and if you are lucky one of your opponent´s players will get injured.
Risk of exposure: 35%
Risk of failure: 75%
Cost: 250 000 econ

Spread vicious rumours
Description: You spread vicious rumours about an opponent and their players. This leads to that club being harassed by the whole press core and their players find it difficult to concentrate on their job and they will therefore lose some form, especially the most exposed players.
Risk of exposure: 20%
Risk of failure: 45%
Cost: 500 000 econ

Water the pitch
Description: You pay some local trouble makers to turn on the water system on the pitch of one of your opponents during the night. Hopefully no one will notice this until the next day. The pitch will then be waterlogged and the affected team will have to cancel an important training session which will result in their players losing some form.
Risk of exposure: 40%
Risk of failure: 70%
Cost: 200 000 econ

All in all, it sounds like a interesting, albeit expensive, option that might make the game a little more lively. I like that teams can be called out for attempting dirty tricks, so that could create a little more interaction/rivalry.

In addition, if it is not enjoyable for people, they can be deactivated midseason.

mo50

Established Member
Dirty tricks is the only way I'm going to beat Clrnc, so I'm all for them.

I had a good CR, all but one of my projects powered up. I'd also be in favour of letting LM's play. We could always have two threads going, and it looks like the majority of players that also use this forum are TM+ anyway.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
mo50 said:
We could always have two threads going, and it looks like the majority of players that also use this forum are TM+ anyway.
Maybe.

If people want dirty tricks that's fine, but looking at them they're too expensive for me - econ in this game is already ridiculous.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AnthonyG said:
Clrnc said:
What do you mean by this?
FMs can't post in The Lobby for starters.
Oh I totally didn't know about this. :lol:

Can you create a thread in there for this then? Once we get enough interests we can start the season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Alright, done. Lets hope this works out for us.

I just browsed through the dirty tricks page and I agree with Antg actually. Its way too expensive so won't be a good idea for us, especially with many teams still trying to build up their team. So lets not distract new members with this yet and let them concentrate building a proper team.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ok guys we have got 8 new applications, total teams are now 18. If there are no more new applications from now till sunday, I will start the league and the first fixture will be next thursday!

You guys prefer 2 leagues or 1?

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom