• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey2000

For me legendary status is banded about too much,

Wenger = Legend, loved the club, took an untold amount of sh1te but still turned out for the club regardless, could have taken better offers during his tenure here but was loyal.

Remember reading Adams autobiography where he said he signed his contract renewals with the club without reading them, he just wanted to play for "his" club - legend.

Ramsey has been a great servant for the club, his attitude even recently has been impeccable but legend, not for me.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Remember reading Adams autobiography where he said he signed his contract renewals with the club without reading them, he just wanted to play for "his" club - legend.

Really? From what I heard Adams' contract granted him parity with whoever was the highest earner at the club. Ergo if someone else got signed or renewed a contract that was higher than his, his would be bumped up.

Easy to sign a contract renewal without reading it if that's the case.

Take that story with a pinch of salt and its not meant to dunk on TA, far from it. Its just that footballers, despite love for club and all of that think about things from the standpoint of a professional first.

blaze_of_glory

Legends are usually branded by achievements, few and far between since he's time at the club.
The period from 2014 to 2017 is the most successful period at this club in the past decade in regards to actually winning things (ie. achievements). Ramsey was absolutely integral to that. Scored the goal to end our trophy drought, that is certainly at least a legendary moment.

The term legend is pretty dumb overall, as no one can seem to agree who should be one outside of a small handful of players from a romanticized past, but has any other Arsenal player scored the winning goal in two FA Cup finals?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I think for the decade he's been here, he has the most claim to be considered a legend. I mean are we going to have an entire decade without any player of note, that we can call for our arsenal legends matches.

blaze_of_glory

350px-Heroesjourney.svg.png

Pretty sure you could map Ramsey's Arsenal career onto this pretty closely. Mentor being Cesc/Wenger, helper being Wilshere, abyss being the leg break, gift of the goddess being Özil, etc.

ArsenalFever

The period from 2014 to 2017 is the most successful period at this club in the past decade in regards to actually winning things (ie. achievements). Ramsey was absolutely integral to that. Scored the goal to end our trophy drought, that is certainly at least a legendary moment.

The term legend is pretty dumb overall, as no one can seem to agree who should be one outside of a small handful of players from a romanticized past, but has any other Arsenal player scored the winning goal in two FA Cup finals?
Well I doubt he'll get a statue, but yes I get your drift.
Legend is only a term, he will be remembered.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Rambo thread I saw got locked but he sure landed on his feet

Juventus confirmed to both Di Marzio and Romeo Agresti that they're not paying Ramsey nearly that much (even including his signing bonus). So he's not anywhere close to those guys. But on the other hand, he won't be starving.

say yes

forum master baiter
We haven’t had a legend at the club since Henry left and I don’t think Ramsey comes close.

Will remember him warmly for the cup final goals but will equally find it impossible to forget that he was never able to perform consistently at the top level and was a key part of an Arsenal squad who constantly flattered to deceive and even managed to lose a title to Leicester ****ing city.

I'm gonna put Ramsey in the legend bracket! Easily a legend for me! Bonus if this piss someone off and ruin their day.

Gonna have artist paint a poster of Ramsey walking among heard of lions and put it on my wall!

Manberg

Predator
Big part in winning us 3 FA Cups and getting top 4 so many years, easily makes him a club legend for me. His progress and journey had been fascinating to behold and I will miss having him in our team without a doubt.

Quality wise he's more talented than some of our invincibles, if they all got touted as legends so should he.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah, I've generally been pro-Ramsey but his poor performance in the 2nd half of 15/16 went under the radar due to fans focusing on Giroud.

It went under the radar because so many wanted Aaron in CM instead of Santi and you and I both know some though it was a ................ I can't even get myself to write it :lol:. As good as he was on the right he was so so bad in CM. I think he knew it too , in an interview year and a bit ago he spoke how the staff were working hard with him in improving his midfield play and to his credit he did in 17/18.

I honestly still don't get it ,because before his injury he was a complete midfielder , remember one game against Stoke he came on for Diaby as a DM and bossed it .

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ramsey an Arsenal legend really?? Legend is like when someone calls a player great abit overused imo. Some on here would put Cesc on the legend list.

OSBK

Established Member
Ramsey an Arsenal legend really?? Legend is like when someone calls a player great abit overused imo. Some on here would put Cesc on the legend list.

Ramsey scored the winning goal in a fa cup final so he has to be considered a legend but for that reason only. As for cesc, in his pomp/prime with us he was the best creative midfielder i have ever seen live. He went and screwed us and his status at the club up so cannot be a legend.

shenanigans

We haven’t had a legend at the club since Henry left and I don’t think Ramsey comes close.

Will remember him warmly for the cup final goals but will equally find it impossible to forget that he was never able to perform consistently at the top level and was a key part of an Arsenal squad who constantly flattered to deceive and even managed to lose a title to Leicester ****ing city.

Sad thing is all the potential legends of this period ended up at rival clubs - rvp, fabregas, maybe Sanchez?

OF the eligible ones I suppose Ramsey or kos come closest but not quite there for me

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ramsey scored the winning goal in a fa cup final so he has to be considered a legend but for that reason only. As for cesc, in his pomp/prime with us he was the best creative midfielder i have ever seen live. He went and screwed us and his status at the club up so cannot be a legend.
Id say hes a cult player rather than a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom