• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Shaun-

Well it looks like he's definitley gone to Switzerland to see Le Boss :) I still remain pretty sure though that he is Manure's, but maybe Wenger can use his powers of persuasion on the young fella.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The teenager Aaron Ramsey is leaning towards joining Arsenal rather than Manchester United or Everton after talking to all three clubs. The talented Cardiff City midfielder has spoken to all three clubs after he flew to Switzerland at the weekend to meet Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger. Ramsey had already spoken with the United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and officials at Everton.

The Cardiff chairman, Peter Ridsdale, said: "I spoke to Aaron on Friday. He told me he'd had a great day at United and was on his way to see Arsène. After that, the final decision is up to the boy. Aaron spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson before visiting United. He's a sensible lad."
www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/tr ... 42868.html

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Would be comedy stuff if he never went Man u or even Everton but came here. Were definetly the outsiders even if we have a history of given youth the biggest stage to shine

I fully expect Aaron to go Man u and good luck to him

Dez

Definition of irony there EMIR8

lock and load baby... shall we move this to arsenal talk?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Lol yeh, erm wait till later mate. Till its announced on Arse.com first

Dont want to be left with eggs on our faces. Hope wenger sees this as one of many and not one of the 'super' players

asajoseph

Established Member
Gotta say, delighted if this is true.

I feel that, for a youngster like Ramsey, we probably have more pull than any other club in the league, and offer more realistic opportunities at playing first team football sooner than anywhere else in the top few clubs. That, and the fact that Ramsey met Wenger in person rather than just had a call from Fergie, must have been very persuasive.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Couldnt persuade Nasri lol, well yet..Hes still coming IMO

BBC says Aarons coming as we offered best wages but SSN and cardiff city are saying he chose us. Wouldnt it be funny if Arsène pulled out in the last minute due to wages

qs

Established Member
Looks like we're just finishing off the formalities again.

Nasri and Ramsey would be a good start to the summer.

GaelForce22

Established Member
So can we expect him to be the back-up for Cesc that people were crying out for, or is he more than that?

Also does anyone know how fast he is, all I know is that he's a 'great prospect' and a fantastic passer.

lee1001

Established Member
I have never seen the kid and have no information no what type of player he is. Some info would be helpful.

Kenyonhater

lee1001 said:
I have never seen the kid and have no information no what type of player he is. Some info would be helpful.

Found this on that red cafe thread :-

Scouting report: Aaron Ramsey, Cardiff City

Steve Claridge The Guardian, Tuesday May 6 2008

There are few teenage players in the country who come as highly rated as Aaron Ramsey. I've heard the stories of Sir Alex Ferguson asking about his progress; of the leading lights of the Premier League tracking him and tabling bids which start at seven figures. Sometimes young lads with big reputations don't always come up to scratch. With Ramsey, though, that is emphatically not the case.

I watched him in Cardiff's game at Wolves two weeks ago, having tried to scout him previously only to find that he didn't feature. It was well worth the effort and the wait. In fact, having seen him, even in a 3-0 defeat in which he played slightly out of position and was substituted after an hour, I would drive the length of the country to see him again.

The thing that leaps out at you from his game is his appreciation of a pass. It was second to none. When a team-mate received the ball from him, the pass almost told him where his opponent was. It had all the information on it that you would need and it was, invariably, the right ball.

His retention of possession was very good - I could not remember him giving the ball away - but we are not talking here about a player who merely chose the easy option. He was equally adept at simple five-yard passes and marvellously weighted 60-yard diagonals in behind the Wolves centre-halves, which led to scoring opportunities. He works opponents with the ball, creating little angles with his left or right foot and his quality always shone through.

He has a sixth sense telling him where his opponents are. This was reflected in his first touch and the placement of his body, which meant that even when opponents doubled up on him, he managed to escape unscathed from tight areas.

He isn't blindingly quick, nor does he have fantastic body strength but Ramsey has compensated for these shortcomings with non-stop movement. He refused to stand and admire anything he had done and, instead, was constantly alive to the next phase or the next option he could give to a team-mate.

Central midfield is his position, although against Wolves, he played on the right of a five. Such was his desire to get on the ball and make Cardiff play that he drifted inside and there were many occasions when the esteem in which his team-mates hold him was apparent. They were happy to pass the ball up to him, even when he was marked, because they knew that they were giving it to a better player.

He had no problems defensively - he chased and was not afraid to put his foot or head in where it hurt - but I prefer to concentrate on what he can do with the ball. There is an easy rhythm to his game and an awareness of how to hurt opponents with passes. There is no doubt that Ramsey has a big future and I hope that a global audience for the FA Cup final on Saturday week will have the same privilege of watching him that I did.

Age 17

Born Caerphilly

Position Midfield

Height 5ft 10in

Weight 10st 7lb

From Trainee

Pace 8/10

Passing 10/10

Tackling 8/10

Crossing 9/10

Team responsibility 8/10

Adaptable midfield player, can play in any role across the middle really but I think naturally he's central. Has a good eye for a pass and people have been surprised by how mature he is on the ball for such a young guy. He's basically a blank canvas really, Wenger could mould him into any role.

qs

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Couldnt persuade Nasri lol, well yet..Hes still coming IMO

BBC says Aarons coming as we offered best wages but SSN and cardiff city are saying he chose us. Wouldnt it be funny if Arsène pulled out in the last minute due to wages

We might have but if you're taking it from the Cardiff quotes they say we offered "the best cash deal". The BBC has it to look like he's coming for money but as far as I understand it "best cash deal" means we offered Cardiff the best cash deal, ie not knocking a bit off for a loan back like United and not in instalments like Liverpool. thats how I understood it anyway.

I'd say he's chose us because Wengers told him he'll get his chance in the first team nest season, unlike Fergie who wanted to loan him out for teh year. Wenger will fast track him like Theo and Fab and then it'll be down to Ramsey himself whether or not he gets his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom