Abdoulaye Doucoure

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by dashsnow17, Feb 19, 2018.

1. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

gd second/third choice gk though as he wouldnt take a squad place up.

2. afcb

afcb Member

Though not a pure dm he is def what’s needed powerful and can defend and track back as well as being good on the ball. Won’t cost a fortune and is better than xhaka and would cover our defense neglecting midfielders

3. benjamin86

Also while we're looking at Watford players Femenia has been good all season, would be excellent competition to Bellerin.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. afcb

afcb Member

Gk
    Hector cb Cb Kola ( new lb)
    Fabinho
    Özil Dacoure
    Nelson Auba Mkh

Fab can be the power dm we need and dacoure will help out back there. When we lose the ball we have 2 mobile midfielders who can defend. Özil can worry about attacking and dacoure is b2b. Need min 2 cb atleast one with pace. Like to see nelson unleashed but i wouldnt complain if 2 direct wingers were signed either. A lot of
    Money will need to be spent

dashsnow17 likes this.
  5. Newchange

Newchange Active Member

I get the need for a mobile B2B but this guy isn't the answer. We need quality not quantity. The only player at watford we should have an interest in is Richarlison.

6. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Why because he is Brazilian. He has not scored for a long long time whereas Dacoure is contributing with the goals nicely for a holding midfielder.

7. Newchange

Newchange Active Member

Nothing to do with being Brazilian. He clearly has a high ceiling and has a Costa like streak about him that I like. He reminds me of a young Anelka. Under the right coach I believe he could become a quality forward.

8. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

That's not really his style of play, he's great positionally and usually keeps it simple.

9. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

He started the game pretty well against us, but then wasn't really blocking our attacks and at one point got outmuscled by Miki.
    Don't know what to say about that other than him being suspect defensively.

10. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Racial stereotypes have made people assume he’s strong when he isn’t. Extremely mobile and a huge engine but not a powerhouse.

11. benjamin86

Ndidi might be a better buy than Doucoure, more defensively minded and younger. I'd imagine they'd cost similar figures? Ndidi maybe 5m more?

12. Aevius

Aevius Wenger's Booty Call Moderator

They are different players all together, you buy one over the other depending on what you need.

13. benjamin86

True although Doucoure has played the Ndidi role. Ndidi is more what the current squad needs but if Wilshere and/or Ramsey go Doucoure would be needed.
    (we could do with both if Wilshere and Ramsey don't agree contracts)

14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Ndidi is more defensive, but I thought his passing was very good today actually.

15. benjamin86

insane to think he's only 21, he'd be a bargain at £40m.

16. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

There are rumours, that Liverpool have contacted him. Would be a perfect player for Klopp and a better Can replacement.

They are really working on their squad.

17. afcb

afcb Member

Ndidi would be a great buy and at 21 will still improve. Dacoure would be a good signing thougg not a pure DM and mario lemina could be worth a shout too as a dm who can also play a bit

18. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

i could swear that we were also reading the same exact things about Xhaka. he was steel presence in midfield, they said. he won't take nuffin from nobody, they said.

he was the second coming of gilberto, technical DM who isn't afraid to get stuck in. ooooh how we been duped.

19. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

Anyone who compared him to Gilberto or claimed he was a DM at all clearly never seen him play before he came here. This stuff about us needing a tough "no-nonsense" destroyer type DM is becoming a bit of a cliche tbh.

20. Aevius

Aevius Wenger's Booty Call Moderator