• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think we have a good chance getting Rabiot providing we get CL. The fact he's free puts us in the frame, wages wont be an issue, the other factor is how much he wants to work with Emery? I don't know how well they get on but it will be a huge factor. I guess Emery saying he wants him suggests they have a good relationship.

I’m not sure if Champions League will be the factor. You’d expect him to sign with someone before the season is over and final league positions are settled.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I’m not sure if Champions League will be the factor. You’d expect him to sign with someone before the season is over and final league positions are settled.

Yeah good point, I just thought a player of his calibre wouldn't step foot into the EL, especially with his reported attitude. Not sure his Mum would let him either.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't be against selling Xhaka in order to get Rabiot, can't imagine we'll have Rabiot, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira and possibly Nkunku as our options.

BobP

Memri Fan
If you could get back the £25m you paid for Xhaka and sign Rabiot on a free, you'd take that wouldn't you?

giphy.gif

Will never get old.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If you could get back the £25m you paid for Xhaka and sign Rabiot on a free, you'd take that wouldn't you?
That'd be pretty awesome tbh. We could sign Fornals for that as Ramsey replacement and get in a defensive midfielder as cover for Torreira.

And if we want Rabiot what use would Xhaka be? Both are left footed and Xhaka needs rhythm to build form for the sort of player he is which won't happen on the bench.

Reactions: A_G

BobP

Memri Fan
That'd be pretty awesome tbh. We could sign Fornals for that as Ramsey replacement and get in a defensive midfielder as cover for Torreira.

And if we want Rabiot what use would Xhaka be? Both are left footed and Xhaka needs rhythm to build form for the sort of player he is which won't happen on the bench.

No need for Rabiot. Deep midfield is set, just promote AMN or Willock once Elneny is sold.

The key is CAM.

Arsenio Venger

Rabiot is pissed in PSG because he wants to play more up front. Emery doesn’t like straight up CAMs so maybe Rabiot may be the guy he is looking for to fit in that spot between the midfielders and the strikers

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
No need for Rabiot. Deep midfield is set, just promote AMN or Willock once Elneny is sold.

The key is CAM.
I'd take Rabiot over Xhaka honestly. For free and selling Xhaka, Elneny and maybe even AMN could get us 2 more midfielders. I'd rather we focus on wingers rather than an attacking midfielder and move to a 3 man midfield.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Rabiot 23 years old. Torreira 22 years old. Douzi 19 years old. Midfield sorted for years. Well until Real or Barca come knocking.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Rabiot 23 years old. Torreira 22 years old. Douzi 19 years old. Midfield sorted for years. Well until Real or Barca come knocking.

Tbh, we should be looking to give Guendouzi a new contract in the summer. No idea how long he signed for but we should make it 5 years this summer.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Tbh, we should be looking to give Guendouzi a new contract in the summer. No idea how long he signed for but we should make it 5 years this summer.

Transfermarkt says it expires in 2022. We better not **** this up.

Impact

Established Member
Would take Rabiot. Can play in a two or a three. Experienced, technically gifted and has his best years ahead of him. Not sure why he'd want to come to Arsenal right now though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He isn't what we need. Rabiot does what he wants. He could have agreed a pre contract in January but he is literally waiting to get the best deal. He also sees himself as a box to box but Emery sees him as a holding midfielder. He doesn't like holding so why would he ever want to play under Emery again?

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom