• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

After Alexis and the Exodus - Where to now?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Hopefully more harmony in the dressing room - there has been no response to wish Alexis well on Twitter from his ex team mates

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hopefully it means the arrival of more technically competent players who work hard and can stay fit whilst thinking for themselves during a match. If our reserve players make the grade,these new additions will show them the way and help absorb some of the pressure until they sufficiently mature. On paper,we will have a team more capable of a sustained challenge but there are still areas of the squad that are lacking.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Just watching this Sanchez interview. All this s**t about wanting this move to the biggest club in England and a powerful club. I know it’s all marketing but I’m sorry I’m livid.

If I was Gazidis, I would call a board meeting with Wenger and f**king wiggy from across the Atlantic. If he can’t be bothered to come then get him on Skype and play them that interview. I would follow it up by saying the world are laughing at us right now, and they have been for over ten years. It’s about time we wake the f**k up, stop being treated like a doormat with teams we are competing with and actually start behaving like the club we promised our fans we would be when we left Highbury.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just watching this Sanchez interview. All this s**t about wanting this move to the biggest club in England and a powerful club. I know it’s all marketing but I’m sorry I’m livid.

If I was Gazidis, I would call a board meeting with Wenger and f**king wiggy from across the Atlantic. If he can’t be bothered to come then get him on Skype and play them that interview. I would follow it up by saying the world are laughing at us right now, and they have been for over ten years. It’s about time we wake the f**k up, stop being treated like a doormat with teams we are competing with and actually start behaving like the club we promised our fans we would be when we left Highbury.

I'm not the least bit interested in anything Alexis Sanchez has to say now. He's a United player. Old news. Arsenal must move on as well and I'm sure they have. Get Aubameyang done and keep building up the squad.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We lost

The Ox
Walcott
Alexis

and so far only added 1 offensive player

Coq left we got the Greek lad

In the summer
Per goes
Cech goes
Debauchy
Cazorla is a write of
Kos remains as squaddie, too beat up to play super regularly
Chambers will be pushing for a loan move

Preferably let go to
El Neny
Monreal but he can stay as backup
Ospina will not or should not make the step up and don't think he would want to stay as backup again, higher chance of Cech staying as backup

Maitland-Niles have been upgraded to "senior" player and gets plenty of games, but we have seen that before with youngsters who Wenger saps the joy of life out of. (Gnabry, Djourou, Denilson etc etc

So for me in a 25 men squad (and I preference that we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2

New GK
Cech
Martinez or Macey

Defenders
Kola
Mustafi
New CB
Bellerin
Kos
Holding
Jenkinson (he is coming back is good enough for backup as is
Monreal

CM/DM
Xhaka
Jack (also covers Özil)
Ramsey
New DM
Ainsley (also covers LB/RB)

Wingers/AM
Özil
Mkith (also covers CM)
New Winger
Iwobi
Nelson

Strikers
Auba
Lacazette
Giroud
Nketiah

that is only a 21-men squad

to fill it out who steps up from the reservers?
Will Asano be given a chance?
Biylik?

is anyone impressing?

So my new signings would be

New GK for start XI (just pick one)
New CB for start XI (Koulibably)
New DM for rotation/formation a no frills hard tackling mofo like Bender (either one) or Camacho
New Winger for rotation and impact of the bench I dunno why but I have a soft spot for that Ayoze fella up in N'castle

we got speed in the offense now, ball players to, even Giroud as plan B
we could do with the winger being a dribbler first and foremost, actually someone to take a chance with

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
frekin United spends more time on their player unveiling videos than we do on defense

sheisse he will be so great for them

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
All we can do is hope that this is the start of the end of the Wenger era. No amount of realistic spending will take this club where we want it to be under this manager.

Wenger once said that he will not let this club in a mess when he leaves, I hope he is working on that and then call it quits. Or he could just leave now, I certainly wouldn’t be upset if he did that.

OSBK

Established Member
We lost

The Ox
Walcott
Alexis

and so far only added 1 offensive player

Coq left we got the Greek lad

In the summer
Per goes
Cech goes
Debauchy
Cazorla is a write of
Kos remains as squaddie, too beat up to play super regularly
Chambers will be pushing for a loan move

Preferably let go to
El Neny
Monreal but he can stay as backup
Ospina will not or should not make the step up and don't think he would want to stay as backup again, higher chance of Cech staying as backup

Maitland-Niles have been upgraded to "senior" player and gets plenty of games, but we have seen that before with youngsters who Wenger saps the joy of life out of. (Gnabry, Djourou, Denilson etc etc

So for me in a 25 men squad (and I preference that we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2

New GK
Cech
Martinez or Macey

Defenders
Kola
Mustafi
New CB
Bellerin
Kos
Holding
Jenkinson (he is coming back is good enough for backup as is
Monreal

CM/DM
Xhaka
Jack (also covers Özil)
Ramsey
New DM
Ainsley (also covers LB/RB)

Wingers/AM
Özil
Mkith (also covers CM)
New Winger
Iwobi
Nelson

Strikers
Auba
Lacazette
Giroud
Nketiah

that is only a 21-men squad

to fill it out who steps up from the reservers?
Will Asano be given a chance?
Biylik?

is anyone impressing?

So my new signings would be

New GK for start XI (just pick one)
New CB for start XI (Koulibably)
New DM for rotation/formation a no frills hard tackling mofo like Bender (either one) or Camacho
New Winger for rotation and impact of the bench I dunno why but I have a soft spot for that Ayoze fella up in N'castle

we got speed in the offense now, ball players to, even Giroud as plan B
we could do with the winger being a dribbler first and foremost, actually someone to take a chance with

I stopped reading at jenkinson.

Guy should be nowhere near our club.

OSBK

Established Member
Good luck to alexis, was a pleasure to watch him. I do hope though that utd play bayern and bayern stuff them.

Looking forward its all about out with the dribble and in with quality. If we get PEA then thats a flipping huge signing and a goid sign that things have changed and exciting times are back.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Don't really feel anything. I get why he left. His best football is behind him so not too concerned about him leading them to anything. He'll probably win fewer trophies there than he did here because they aren't beating Pep to a title in the next few years and there's no way in hell they're winning the CL. He'll end up with a couple of FA Cups maybe, just like here albeit at a much higher weekly salary. Oh well.

A lot of whining here for a guy who led us to an unprecedented appearance in the Europa League, and thanks to his stellar “leadership” has us likely going back to the Europa League midway through the season. I hope the little guy gives Man U the exact same results he’s given us the last two seasons.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I hope Sanchez gets injured in the first five minutes of his first game for Manu and misses the rest of the season. I hope his wages will cause a revolt there and demands for big increases till their owners pips squeak.

To swap him for the Armenian guy is a crass move. He should have been sold and the money used to buy a player we need.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I hope Sanchez gets injured in the first five minutes of his first game for Manu and misses the rest of the season. I hope his wages will cause a revolt there and demands for big increases till their owners pips squeak.

To swap him for the Armenian guy is a crass move. He should have been sold and the money used to buy a player we need.

the money we could have gotten, don't replace Alexis
heck that money can't evne buy a player of Mkith status/level

so it was the least worst option

and it is douchey to wish injury upon a player. He didn't do anything wrong

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
the money we could have gotten, don't replace Alexis
heck that money can't evne buy a player of Mkith status/level

so it was the least worst option

and it is douchey to wish injury upon a player. He didn't do anything wrong
The £35 million spoken about would have gone a fair way towards a top signing. Don't know how good that Pavon guy is but it would have got him.

Not to me it ain't. What's douchey is to be soft and sentimental about a guy who doesn't know we exist and who is happy to trample on our hopes and aspirations to make himself more of a multi-millionaire than he already is.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Alexis out
Walcott out
Ox out
Coq out (as ever)
Giroud..?
Welbeck..?

Lots of outgoings in recent months, with some new faces arriving and possibly more soon. Alexis being the big piece changing of course. How will the team adapt and change its approach now? For the better, back to Wengerball? Discuss here.
I think We'll go back to a more possession oriented game and I like it. Even with Auba that could still work very well. Wengerball as it was some years back with intricate passing and runs in between the lines. Will be interesting to see how we field the offensive talents we have now, what shape do we go with for the remainder of the season.

Overall I think this will be a much more cohesive unit going forward. Not because I want to belittle Sanchez because he had some really great performances in the shirt, but at the same time those performances comes at a cost. Those costly missplaced passes and such were at times too much for a team as shaky defensively as our, but sadly I fear that it'll be near perfect in Mou's rigid system. More backup for those mistakes.

Hopefully We'll add a player more in this window other than Auba and then rebuild properly in the summer.

I do think things are looking a bit more positive lately with our seemingly (slightly) more proactive transfers.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Who is soft and sentimental?

most people are fine with him maximizing his profits and going to a team that will do more to win than us

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Who is soft and sentimental?

most people are fine with him maximizing his profits and going to a team that will do more to win than us
Yes. A lot of these people are called "Man United fans".

I support Arsenal and I want Arsenal to win and I don't like Arsenal players going to rival teams even if they want to better themselves because what I want is Arsenal to be better. So I'm not fine with him.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom