• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Concentration. This was the attribute that he seemed to be missing. He's been immense since Arteta came in.

Where are the 'we'd be lucky to get 15m' brigade? He is every inch a Premier League player and one of our own.

I'll admit to wishing to see him sold, but only to raise funds, not because I did not rate him. AMN and Saka as wing backs, or CMs in this team gives me life. Bith so full of energy and passion.

40m player. DO NOT SELL!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Massive difference between the left and right side. Look at how many crosses came in from their left compared to their right. They didn't even bother overloading. Too scared of our left side, which hasn't even been mentioned. Walker tucked in and didn't attack out of the fear of Auba, and Auba still scored two.

Love how switched on he was. Complete focus at all times, especially at corners, could see him talking and setting up for the short corner every time. A focused AMN is a player with scary potential. Him and Tierney were so calm on the ball in looking for time to play it forward. Extra touches and body swerves that exude calmness. His first touch is so good.

He is our best right back, our second best left back, our second best right midfielder, why not see what he is in midfield?

I don't like the James Milner comparison. Milner is a player who can play multiple positions but he always got game time. AMN didn't even amass a total of 90 minutes since the restart.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
So proud of Ainsley, outstanding 9/10 performance and the reason why it isn't 10 was because of hi play in the final 3rd, apart from that though superb

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Why did the camera cut to AMN so much, David Luiz talking to him like he was saying “I told you so” Arteta hugging him like he got back his kidnapped son. What’s going on?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
This guy could metamorph into Dani Alves in front of everyone’s eyes and we’d still be hearing AMN in midfield shouts :lol:. I don’t understand the obsession, he’s never had performances half as good in midfield as he’s had at fullback. If he was good enough in midfield then he’d get the chance.

Arteta has played an 18 year old academy player in an unfamiliar position over the biggest signing in the club’s history, what’s stopping AMN from breaking into midfield?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
There is a lot to like about his game but he is an tremendous athlete. Very quick, can run all day, extremly agile and strong enough to hold his own. By far the best athlete in the squad and it`s an area we are really lacking in. In injury time Walker who is both very strong and quick, tried to cut inside. Most players would just let him do that bua AMN stuck to him like glue, knocked him off the ball and ended up winning a free kick which effectively confirmed out win. So happy for him, trur Arsenal-boy, seems like a very decent guy and things haven`t come easy for him, great to see him starting to show his worth. If we sell him while giving Soares a 4 year deal I will be furious.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
This guy could metamorph into Dani Alves in front of everyone’s eyes and we’d still be hearing AMN in midfield shouts :lol:. I don’t understand the obsession, he’s never had performances half as good in midfield as he’s had at fullback. If he was good enough in midfield then he’d get the chance.

Arteta has played an 18 year old academy player in an unfamiliar position over the biggest signing in the club’s history, what’s stopping AMN from breaking into midfield?
I agree mostly but he has hardly ever played in midfield.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He got MOTM in a defeat at Old Trafford playing CM. Wenger would have built on that if he stayed.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Why did the camera cut to AMN so much, David Luiz talking to him like he was saying “I told you so” Arteta hugging him like he got back his kidnapped son. What’s going on?
He was a MOTM contender plus maybe they are aware of the rumours that he’s on his way out?

I did notice that myself though. I hope his Arsenal career can be salvaged somehow.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He got MOTM in a defeat at Old Trafford playing CM. Wenger would have built on that if he stayed.
Can’t find the video now but it was one of the least impressive motm performances you’ll see in a match where both teams had nothing to play for in the league anymore. He also got hooked at halftime against Östersund after an abysmal performance.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Wonder if Chelsea are talking to him and Luiz telling him he can make it at Arsenal and he wont find a better coach than Arteta, and he will get game time and/or his time will come.

GunnerShy

He's got 3 years on his contract. As a case for selling him, we'd get more for him in 12 months time when stadiums are full again than now.

In the mean time the fact that he can play RB/RWB, LB/LWB and in midfield in smaller games until he proves himself regularly says that unless a great offer comes in we can't afford to lose him.

He's probably our best one on one defender because of his athleticism. The job he did against Traore when he came on against wolves was immense.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can’t find the video now but it was one of the least impressive motm performances you’ll see in a match where both teams had nothing to play for in the league anymore. He also got hooked at halftime against Östersund after an abysmal performance.
Had Pogba on strings I’m afraid.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This fantasy of AMN in midfield is becoming boring. Wenger rarely played him there, neither Emery or Arteta have yet played him there. All three of which had fairly poor options.

Where does it even stem from? One good game against Utd? Because I can point you to a CL tie where even Sanogo was able to terrify Bayern.

This fantasy of AMN in midfield is becoming boring. Wenger rarely played him there, neither Emery or Arteta have yet played him there. All three of which had fairly poor options.

Where does it even stem from? One good game against Utd? Because I can point you to a CL tie where even Sanogo was able to terrify Bayern.

He started out as the right forward if I recall correctly but moved down to midfield at u23 where he was very dominant there. He also has some very nice attributes that could benefit the midfield in modern football. So people who followed him long enough think he has the talent to play there and just need an opportunity to prove himself in that position. Not just game here and there.

If he has found a way to contain his concentration issues and he will prove that to Arteta in the next few games I think we will see him sooner than later in get a chance there!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Well, the point being made is that while the player has excelled in a full back role, he’s earned the right to prove he can play in a position he claims to be his most comfortable at some stage. Not necessarily now.

I’m unsure why that’s controversial tbh. The likes of Lahm, Alaba, Sergi Roberto and Kimmich all played in midfield as youth players, broke into the first team as full backs, and earned game time in midfield as they gained experience.

The overlap makes a lot of tactical sense if you think of the task required by a modern CM when the full back pushes forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom