• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because the player himself is considering leaving.

That is very hard for me to understand.

He is at the end of the tunnel. He has never been as much valued at Arsenal. The manager has more father_syndrome towards him than I have towards Fabregas and Wilshere.

I think Arteta is saying AMN is the future but Vinai is trying to sell because he has no idea what he is doing.

Iceman10

Established Member
25m is a lowball offer. His market value should be 35m us. When you're seeing Championship full backs like Matty Cash going for 15m and awatkins going for 20m, 25m for AMN is laughable.

Even as a benchmark of our own sales, worth considering what Iwobi went for, and at the time I felt that we could have sold him for 5m more.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That is very hard for me to understand.
It's really not hard to understand. AMN wants to make the England squad for the Euros but he's worried he won't get enough game time at Arsenal. He hasn't received the assurances over playing time that he's looking for, at least not yet.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
And 23 is old? This doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. It’s obvious that Arteta rates him and the club were willing to sell Bellerin but PSG pulled out.

Do you actually think Bellerin is better footballer at this current time than AMN?

I know you have a fetish for Partey and Aouar but this isn’t the way to do it imo. We’re selling one of our best talents and to make it worse, he’s a product of our academy.

I think at right back they're both equal. Its the same thing as the keeper situation. What club in our position should be keeping a backup keeper for 20M and a backup right back for 30M?

Sentimentality plays a big part with both players. Bellerin is only 25, whats to say he really does get back into top form?

Like I said, I'd rather sell Bellerin because AMN is more versatile. But generally speaking I dont actually care which one goes. As long as we get £30M from either one to improve the midfield.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Personally, I’ve rated AMN but previously I had an issue with his attitude however in terms of quality, I knew he was a top talent especially the role he done in our squad.

I don’t think we’re mocking the people who have that opinion tbf. I think it’s to do with the fact that if we’re aspiring to be one of the elite clubs then you just don’t sell your top talents especially one of our own.

I want ESR, AMN, Reiss Nelson, Saka, Nketiah etc all to develop with us and become key players. I don’t think there’s nothing wrong with that.

You don't just sell your talents, even if they want out? I didn't read the article and suggested he might want to Euro squad, and the article actually said it.

I bet you know that many players have gone to their last year of contract in Arsenal and then we sell for cheap?

What if he really wants to Euro squad and Wolves promise a starting spot? He might not take it lightly if you force him to stay, but with him having 3 years in contract we could at this point.

I really doubt they will sell him for less than 30 million euros, Iwobi kind of money. I would assume they are looking closer to Oxlade sum, 38 million euros.

Looking from Arsenal perspective, GK & RB are two spots where the player wants first team assurances, and in which position we have good alternative players who are long-time starters.

I think they have said that they want to balance the squad and our midfield is lacking.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
A reminder everyone who’s having a meltdown will immediately calm down and go back to square one once we sign Partey and Aouar

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Isn't Mikel more involved in transfers now...guess Arteta is happy to let either of Bellerin or Niles go, and backs himself to get the best out of the remaining one.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I agree, but I wouldn't criticise the club here because they're not actively pushing him out the door like with Torreira or Sokratis. They want him to stay, but he might feel he has a better chance of playing regularly at Wolves.

But we have to do our best to try and convince him just like Arteta done with Auba.

The club ******* up as soon as they brought in Cedric and offered him a 4 year deal. We needed the loan deal at the time but we shouldn’t have offered him a contract this summer. We should have just stuck with AMN and Bellerin to battle it out for a starting position.

AMN would have had enough playing time since Bellerin has hardly been fit for the whole campaign over the past few years.

Reactions: A_G

Iceman10

Established Member
A reminder everyone who’s having a meltdown will immediately calm down and go back to square one once we sign Partey and Aouar

Just manage expectations bro, there is nothing that says we couldn’t pocket 70m from sales and only buy one of the two.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah seems like Arteta doesn’t mind losing one or the other although my guess is he would have preferred to keep AMM. We’ll find out in due time if Niles pushed for the move for playing time.

Think we had a rude awakening this summer, not sure why we expected teams to be queuing up to sign the players we want to sell.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I don’t think Partey and Aouar are going to do it for me chief.

AMN was my brudda.

:lol:
Then honestly the mentality of this fanbase is weak. We all moan about finishing 8th then happy with persisting with the same players. Don’t get me wrong I would’ve preferred AMN over Hector all day but nobody seems to be willing to sign the latter. Even PSG ffs a club with unlimited resources were only prepared to make a loan bid

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

AMN was my brudda.

The question is would you rather keep Emi and AMN? Or would you rather this...

Leno
Bellerin - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Xhaka/Ceballos
Partey - Aouar
Pepe/Willian - Laca - Auba
For me it's a no brainer to sell the pair for £50M and reinvest in this way.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
The question is would you rather keep Emi and AMN? Or would you rather this...

Leno
Bellerin - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Xhaka/Ceballos
Partey - Aouar
Pepe/Willian - Laca - Auba
For me it's a no brainer to sell the pair for £50M and reinvest in this way.
Weak mentality man that’s the thing

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think at right back they're both equal. Its the same thing as the keeper situation. What club in our position should be keeping a backup keeper for 20M and a backup right back for 30M?

I think AMN is the better footballer and he would have provided us with a lot more than Bellerin plus there are no concerns over his injury record as he’s been pretty much fit over the past few seasons.

Also, Utd have managed to keep hold of both De Gea and Henderson. We need to start aspiring to become a top club as they don’t do these sorts of things.

Let me take Bayern as an example would they sell an academy product that they rated to raise funds? No way. They would do all they can to convince them to stay.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

AMN was my brudda.

At least you have that six figure job in New York after leaving AFTV to look forward too...silver linings and all that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
AMN is one of my red lines. Wolves can shove their £25m bid up their ass. Young, English, Academy product, he's one of the futures of this club. Unless AMN hands in a transfer request any bid for him should be rejected, out of hand.

Don't care if the money would be put towards signing Aourar, Partey or Jesus Christ. Sell Hector if everyone's so fixated on getting a flavour of the month player like Aourar, who's no-one's actually seen play. We shouldn't be sacrificing AMN.

Last edited:

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
AMN is one of my red lines. Wolves can shove their £25m bid up their ass. Young, English, Academy product, he's one of the futures of this club. Unless AMN hands in a transfer request any bid for him should be rejected, out of hand.

Don't care if the money would be put towards signing Aourar, Partey or Jesus Christ. Sell Hector if we have to.
Nobody wants Hector so in this case, what do you suggest we do ?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Just another year of Arsenal selling their best talents before they enter their prime years.

My issue with all of this is that there was no need to bring in Cedric on a 4 year deal if it meant that AMN would be leaving.

We could have brought in Cedric on loan then just ditched him in the summer that would have allowed AMN and Bellerin to battle it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom