• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aleksandr Kokorin

tim08

Couldn't find the old thread if there was one? I know the link's from the Metro, but they are quoting a local Russian news outlet as the source so it could be legit. And it was reported from quite reliable sources that we had a deadline day loan bid rejected for him in the summer so you could argue AW has an interest. You wouldn't think CF would be our immediate concern right now, but as his contract runs out in the summer perhaps Wenger cannot turn down a bargain...

I cant add anymore as I know absolutely nothing about the player, but he does have 10 goals in 36 caps for Russia.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/10/arsen...ow-striker-aleksandr-kokorin-report-5558061/?

africe

Some glowing reviews for him in that original article:

Football agent Alexey Safonov doubt that Kokorin in the end will be in the "Arsenal".

- In England, he could tune up, but I do not believe that it is in the "Arsenal", - said Alexey Safonov. - Option to Londoners - this is the case when the level of the team is much higher level player. In addition, if the "Dynamo" sells forward, then in its place, it is to buy someone. Normal striker worth € 6-7 million, plus the need to pay for an annual € 2 million per year. Which in this case makes sense to sell Kokorin? You can find a compromise and not to sell the player, and to extend the contract. For example, to pay a good lift and draw up a contract by € 2 million. I think he eventually will average British clubs, such as "Swansea" and "West Ham".

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
CF is the biggest concern of our team.

It is vital we find striker to replace Giroud as soon as we can.

paulnewmananigif_enhanced-buzz-12372-1379309462-6.gif

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Apparently Deanldn22 says there is actual interest in this guy .

BobP

Memri Fan
It's Izvestia reporting this, surprised those guys still exist, they were the paper of the Petrograd Soviet during the the Russian Revolution.

Essentially the voice of the revolution.

They've got to be reliable.

say yes

forum master baiter
Anyone ever watched this guy/heard of him before?

The fact he's a long term target means there might be something to him.

Right..?

say yes

forum master baiter
Sounds like there's actually something to this :lol:

From @JamieDalton82:

@DarrenArsenal1 Tried to loan him in the last days of the summer window

@DemetriAth @DarrenArsenal1 From the very little info I got, they wanted to sell and we wanted to loan and think about it later.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looks like a back up. Makes sense when you consider that Wenger believes he's already packing some Aguero level heat in Giroud and Walcott.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Weird transfer, hope it's just a potential back up to someone like Icardi.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Yes, Izvestia did indeed report this and they are the most reliable newspaper in Russia and has been for a long long time. It also seems from the article that Kokorin is keen to come here and play for Wenger's team. His contract ends in the summer and Dinamo (his current club) is facing huge financial trouble. Sounds exactly the type of situation Wenger likes to use to get a bargain deal.

What I know about him is that he is currently Russia's best attacking player and one with the highest ceiling . Mostly plays CF but has played on the wing for the national team. Tall but much more athletic than Giroud or the Lord though I wouldn't call him fast either. Pretty good technical ability. Can score goals but also has an eye for a pass. Basically Wenger's wet dream as far as target men are concerned. Though I wouldn't call him one per se, more like he is a skilled forward who, due to his height, can also perform the role of a target man.

I believe he has potential to be a top player and Wenger would be just the person to bring that potential out. I would be really excited if this went through.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Found Kokorin's quote from November saying that "the summer loan didn't work out due to difficult circumstances (for his current club) but hopes that Arsenal are still interested in the future and don't opt for someone else instead."

Apparently Zenit is also in for him but he said he prefers Arsenal between the 2 as he wants to give it a shot in a top league.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Yes, Izvestia did indeed report this and they are the most reliable newspaper in Russia and has been for a long long time. It also seems from the article that Kokorin is keen to come here and play for Wenger's team. His contract ends in the summer and Dinamo (his current club) is facing huge financial trouble. Sounds exactly the type of situation Wenger likes to use to get a bargain deal.

What I know about him is that he is currently Russia's best attacking player and one with the highest ceiling . Mostly plays CF but has played on the wing for the national team. Tall but much more athletic than Giroud or the Lord though I wouldn't call him fast either. Pretty good technical ability. Can score goals but also has an eye for a pass. Basically Wenger's wet dream as far as target men are concerned. Though I wouldn't call him one per se, more like he is a skilled forward who, due to his height, can also perform the role of a target man.

I believe he has potential to be a top player and Wenger would be just the person to bring that potential out. I would be really excited if this went through.
Cheers for this. I was looking at his videos. He seems to have good control on the ball and very good shooting technique. Intelligent and aware, too.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom