Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

Only one misinterpreting stats is you and others.

Speed/Pace/Velocity= Distance covered per unit of time

Top Speed= The highest rate of distance covered per unit of time

Acceleration= Rate of change of Speed/Pace/Velocity with respect to time

I'm full aware of the differences. But as this study shows (bar outliers) the relative difference between a slower player and a faster player in terms of both acceleration and speed over a long distance is relatively the same. Which is exactly why professional top level clubs measure such data in an official capacity like we've down. I know you're having a hard time reconciling the data with your incorrect perceptions but hand waving them away as "almost meaningless" just demonstrates either ignorance or disingenuity.

[​IMG]

I've clearly explained above that I am applying them correctly. As also explained in another post ones respective speed is not a replacement for preferred play-style. Tim Cahill comes in at noticeably shorter than Adebayor and has more headed goals.

Are you actually going to engage in a substantive way or is it going to be just more hand waving away since you have nothing to refute the data?

The data is apparently "rubbish" and "bollocks" and yet this is your what? 5th reply to me? And you've not been able to provide a single shred of counter evidence to them. Odd that :lol:

As for claim about "player rarely if ever hitting top speed in games when compared to training"..United would disagree with on that

https://www.givemesport.com/1494333...united-players-max-speed-from-preseason-tests

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/opta-data-highlights-the-fastest-player-at-man-utd-this-season

Rashford actually exceeded his training top speed 3 times in the opening 12 games already. More demonstrable facts since I know how much you love them when they prove you wrong :lol:

I'm getting a bit bored here. Your opinions are meaningless to me and I've already gone about addressing them with objective data. Either do the same or consider this discussion over from my end.

2. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Don't think it's fair to set the bar of: if he doesn't score tonight then he's done here.

Let's be honest, he's not going to score tonight. He's stinking out the joint:lol:

Artisan, krackpot and OnlyOne like this.
  3. Trilly

It probably was, my bad.:lol:

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

:lol::lol::lol:

Trilly likes this.
  5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

I
    Goal from him would be a much needed welcome! We need it more than ever! Laca need it more than ever!

Trilly and Marjorie like this.
  6. Trilly

I think he’ll eventually play better than he is now, but I don’t see that spark happening in a big game.

People expecting a goal from him in a game like this when we even struggle to score against relegation opposition is misguided optimism/hope or setting him up to fail.

7. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

If Laca doesn't score tonight I don't want to hear "Oh but look at his work rate, look how he holds up the ball, look at his strength!" He's our CF and he needs to play like one or get the fvck out!

8. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

He doesn't even touch the ball, nevermind scoring. Not his fault today though.

9. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Credit for making it to their box in time for the celebration... granted absolutely gagging for air.

[​IMG]

10. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Hahahahhaha. Rashford exceeding his top speed from pre-season traning... literally when they're out of form, and train to be fit for the matches.. and how is Rashford doing that an argument for Laca being faster than Salah and Mane?...... :lol:

Here you go, you positivistic swein, enjoy your demonstratable data, top 20 quickest players in the league:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...est-players-revealed-Mo-Salah-ranks-18th.html

Lacazette, of course nowhere near to be seen, because he's a slow motherfucker.

11. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Tireless effort but at the moment not a lot of quality on the ball. Very Giroud-esque at the moment.

12. hydrofluoric acid

How many games without goal now @OnlyOne ?

13. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Same old, same old from him. Tremendous endeavour, decent hold up play, poor general quality on the ball. Lad is desperate for a goal.

14. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

15. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Believe it or not I'm not gonna criticise his performance tonight but he did **** up one situation (he always manages it at least once a game) where he tried to pass it to Pepe instead of the simple ball outside to Martinelli who'd have been in acres of space and managed to find a Chelsea player. It's just typical of him at the moment. Even some of mates who support Liverpool have started copping on to how bad he is.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  16. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Its was more the fact he tried to play it to pepe that pissed me off, all you need to do is put the ball on the inside of the defended then any player with pass just runs on to it

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  17. hydrofluoric acid

He also headed the ball to no one just before Chelsea second goal!

Few poor dribbles resulting in loss of the ball.

But he worked hard. Guess that is what we mainly expect from our striker now!

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  18. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Maybe I need to watch it again but wtf was he doing for their 2nd goal, looked like he just moved out the way of the cross, holding was pointing it out straight away

19. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Martinelli worked 10 times as hard and managed to get a goal too, just like the last game. :lol:

The bar is simply on the floor for Lacazette.

20. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

He’s turned into Shane Long. Loads of endeavour but shouldn’t be leading the line for a serious team.

The problem is he’s too big of a personality and influence in the dressing room and on the pitch.

I get why Arteta plays him it’s just uncomfortable at times to see what he’s become.