• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino_

Although he scored many goals this season in Ligue 1, his stats against the top 5 of the last season (PSG, Monaco, Marseille & Saint-Etienne) is pretty scary: basically he didn't have much impact when it mattered (only 2 assists and no goal against the top 5 in L1 is pretty much average to be honnest even if he scored 25+ more goals). He was injured against PSG in early 2015 but I don't recall him missing any other important game.

I don't rate him that much he's probably better than Remy at his age but that's it. I live in France and I see him play almost every weekend since I watch alot of L1 games: he's been progressing the last 3 seasons but at the moment he ain't PL top 4 material, probably would have been descent for Liverpool.
CDMR89bWEAA_Ufw.png

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Although he scored many goals this season in Ligue 1, his stats against the top 5 of the last season (PSG, Monaco, Marseille & Saint-Etienne) is pretty scary: basically he didn't have much impact when it mattered (only 2 assists and no goal against the top 5 in L1 is pretty much average to be honnest even if he scored 25+ more goals). He was injured against PSG in early 2015 but I don't recall him missing any other important game.

I don't rate him that much he's probably better than Remy at his age but that's it. I live in France and I see him play almost every weekend since I watch alot of L1 games: he's been progressing the last 3 seasons but at the moment he ain't PL top 4 material, probably would have been descent for Liverpool.
CDMR89bWEAA_Ufw.png
Thanks for the information. Interesting to see actually. That is a pretty poor record. I've only watched him a handful of times, so i value your opinion higher than mine, considering you've watched most of his games.

I'm just desperate for someone other than Giroud up front..surely you think Lacazette would be an improvement?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

As a winger cutting in, yes. But that is slightly getting conflated with the whole question about how he would do as a lone CF, against various types of opposition that will have different defensive set-ups. As yet unproven.

He deserves the chance to prove it. At the very least his movement and pace gives us something different to work with, something our midfield relishes over the sometimes static Giroud.

Nino_

Thanks for the information. Interesting to see actually. That is a pretty poor record. I've only watched him a handful of times, so i value your opinion higher than mine, considering you've watched most of his games.

I'm just desperate for someone other than Giroud up front..surely you think Lacazette would be an improvement?
I don't think he would be an improvement as our team right now is used to Giroud and his style of play. As I said I don't think he's ready for a top 4 / tittle challenge in the PL yet so he would need to get used to the Premier League and his new teammates which could take from 6 months to a year meaning he'd probably be as much prolific as Giroud was during his first season here (10-12 goals in the league) which is far from enough.

Sticking with Giroud is probably better (as he already knows the league, and has shown up to now descent/average goalscoring abilities). In terms of style of play Lacazette is a mix between Theo & Welbeck so I don't think it's the style of striker we should be looking for since we've got already Walcott & Welbz.

So basically unless we're moving for someone who would be a massive upgrade on Giroud there's no point to sign someone with the same scoring abilities as the french man: even if the so called player can beat players on 1 on 1 or hold on to the ball more than one touch: we've got Alexis for that, or even Theo if required. I know Giroud is really frustrating and we can't expect anything from him once he has touched the ball but he his numbers are as good as most of the good/respectable strikers in Europe (not top class quality though).

I think we really need a striker able to score 30+ goals per season if Walcott stays on the right, or a very prolific winger if Wenger decides to move Theo as a main CF, any other kind of player in these positions would be a waste of money: as it would take us 1 or 2 years back (readjust the team arround a striker with another style of play).

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

No I don't see Lacazette as an improvement he actually doesn't fit . I would rather us splash 10mill on a young South American striker .There'd at least be one coming through .

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Dont see it happen at all. Its gonna be proven player, class one, we bring in.
AW will rather work on what he has snd make improvements there, instead of changing players with unproven players and then start it again.
Not taking anything away from Alex, talented player he is, but not our option UNLESS Theo leaves, then its a game on

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Walcott has plenty of goals against top opposition.
That's why I mentioned the goal against Chelsea, he is a big game player.
Using WBA and Aston Villa as examples when you have Sp**s, Chelsea,United, and Barcelona to choose from does him a disservice.

My posting history on Walcott is full of praise for his big game mentality, scored in two cup finals as well.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What does the quality of opposition have to do with it? Welbeck doesn't score against any opposition.
I must have dreamt that winning goal against United in the Fa cup or all his other goals last season, like the hat trick in a game we won 4 1 against Galatasaray amongst others.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

CDMR89bWEAA_Ufw.png
Fair play, I think the prices mentioned are outrageous tbh. He scored something like 8 penalties last season too. Not saying he isn't a good player, but he isn't that good.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

CDMR89bWEAA_Ufw.png

He only played one game against Monaco too. Not great but I'd still take him over Giroud. You can say only good enough for Liverpool but they have 2 better strikers than ours.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don't even know why this guy is discussed. Wenger said he's only going to buy a player who has exceptionally exceptional potential.

Does Lacazette have exceptionally exceptional potential? Look, I don't know, but Giroud has little bit nice hair.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He is a bit of a gamble, but if we can't get Benzema I'd like him here. We've got cash to burn, no need to be penny pinching. If he succeeds, we've got ourselves a great striker, if he fails we can easily flog him as he is still young, if he does just ok we can sell Giroud or Welbeck and keep him as a back-up.

Worst case scenario he flops and we sell him for a 10-15 million loss, which isn't really that bad considering all the money that's coming in.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lacazette is having his third excellent season with Lyon, it's time for him to move to a bigger club in the summer.

If we were to lose Alexis then one of PEA, Lacazette, Dybala, Mbappe and Icardi is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom