• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's won the mind games battle with Wenger. He's gone in the summer. I hope he puts in a shift for the rest of the season. His attitude has been poor this season. He should have spoken up to Wenger when the transfer window closed instead of the recent petulant displays in public. Oh well. Thanks for the effort Alexis and good luck in the future-preferably outside the PL if you leave us.

STYLEZ

You don't rest a player in a game like this who is hungry to play 100% of the time.

1 or 2 things have happened I'm certain of it

1. Alexis has hinted/asked his looking to leave the club.

Or

2. Wenger is trying to prove the team doesn't need him to win an important match which failed miserably tonight.

More worried about this situation then ever at the moment - feel Sanchez has already left will be confirmed in the summer.

Gutted... truly gutted.... we're not a big club any more simple as that

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Alexis Sánchez the substitute symbolises Arsenal’s decade of sorry stagnation

Remember Arsenal’s 2-0 win away to Manchester City, which seemed to herald a new dawn? Francis Coquelin, to everyone’s surprise, had returned from a loan spell at Charlton Athletic looking like the ideal partner at the back of midfield for Santi Cazorla. Wenger, it seemed, had learned a new trick, or at least remastered an old one, and could amend his habitual approach to have his team sit deep and attack on the break. That was more than two years ago, since when Arsenal have won no further league games away against other members of the top six.

Arsenal have a squad full of lost boys, promising young stars who never quite grew up and operate in a Neverland of unfulfilled potential.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/04/alexis-sanchez-arsenal-liverpool

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
You don't rest a player in a game like this who is hungry to play 100% of the time.

1 or 2 things have happened I'm certain of it

1. Alexis has hinted/asked his looking to leave the club.

Or

2. Wenger is trying to prove the team doesn't need him to win an important match which failed miserably tonight.

More worried about this situation then ever at the moment - feel Sanchez has already left will be confirmed in the summer.

Gutted... truly gutted.... we're not a big club any more simple as that
We haven't be as big a club as so many believe-ever! We've lost better players than Alexis. Twelve years later,it's Vieira that we really need to replace in every way.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If Alexis wasn't leaving before today, benching him in a top game surely pushed him over the edge. I mean he must have been looking from the bench thinking to himself "I can do a better job in 7-8 positions than the players on the pitch."

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Alexis Sánchez the substitute symbolises Arsenal’s decade of sorry stagnation

Remember Arsenal’s 2-0 win away to Manchester City, which seemed to herald a new dawn? Francis Coquelin, to everyone’s surprise, had returned from a loan spell at Charlton Athletic looking like the ideal partner at the back of midfield for Santi Cazorla. Wenger, it seemed, had learned a new trick, or at least remastered an old one, and could amend his habitual approach to have his team sit deep and attack on the break. That was more than two years ago, since when Arsenal have won no further league games away against other members of the top six.

Arsenal have a squad full of lost boys, promising young stars who never quite grew up and operate in a Neverland of unfulfilled potential.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/04/alexis-sanchez-arsenal-liverpool
Somebody has been listening to the radio a bit too much :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Played throughout the whole Christmas and January period without a rest when it looked like he needed it. But we then decide to rest him after two weeks off, which could have been more if we didn't play him v Sutton.

This sums up a lot of the frustrations fans have with him nowadays.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

“Everybody will come to the same conclusion but I’m strong enough and lucid enough to analyse the impact. I don’t deny Alexis Sanchez is a great player. I bought him, I always played him and he has developed well. A decision like that is not easy to make but you always have to stand up…

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-epl-no-regrets-i-developed-him-a7611896.html

This is the type of thing he'd say when a player has left, almost certain Alexis has asked to leave now.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We're so screw'd and you're so great
you're our hero you're our fate
I don't care just what they say
'Cause forever I will pray
You and I will be as free
As the birds up in the trees
Oh, please, stay by us, Alexis

Thrills I get when you go for goal
Oh, our hero, you're not like Cole
We love you but do you love us
Oh Alexis, can't you see
We love you with all our heart
And I hope we will never part
Oh, please, stay with us, Alexis

Jm89

We haven't be as big a club as so many believe-ever! We've lost better players than Alexis. Twelve years later,it's Vieira that we really need to replace in every way.

People like you grate on me! We have no hope in hell of replacing Sanchez we do not have the capabilities to do so! We haven't replaced Henry, vieira since they left how the **** are we going to replace Sanchez! We are an average club who's conned its own fans

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Jokes on him really, wasted 3 years of his career, Wenger will survive it whilst Alexis looks back at his career and finds the only love he gets is from his Chilean fans.

Jm89

I actually cannot believe that some of you fans are turning on Sanchez! The club is sour the manager is lifeless and we have no ambition.

He was sold a dream to come and play here but time and time again we failed him, he is world class and he is by far our best player! And to leave him on the bench is embrassing it really is I would take Sanchez over wenger any day of the week

WhatAFC

I'd leave if I was him. The summer after joining the club doesn't sign an outfield player. Disgraceful. His ambition overshadows that of an apparently elite club, tells you everything about the current state of Arsenal FC.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Couldn't care less really.

Bought him at a reasonable price, had him for three years of his prime & will make a good chunk of the 35m back.

Fun to watch & scored alot but really I expected the signing to kick this Arsenal team on more.

Disappointing how poor we have been in the big games this season & him going AWOL after 15 minutes helps nobody.

Shame we never saw Vardy central with Alexis outwide... Just a feeling that would have clicked & formed some partnership that we really lack throughout this Arsenal team.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'd leave if I was him. The summer after joining the club doesn't sign an outfield player. Disgraceful. His ambition overshadows that of an apparently elite club, tells you everything about the current state of Arsenal FC.

I'm thinking that summer will go down in the annals of manager **** ups. We had just won the FA Cup for a second time, squad begging to have some quality sprinkled to it and we do...nothing.

Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom