• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aly Cissokho

Bossa

Established Member
Is he still first choice LB? I cant see Lyon selling a first team player especially now that they are still in the CL.

dpt49

Established Member
Floating said:
A loan with option to buy for Cissokho would be unreal.
I can't see Lyon loaning one of their best players.
I think it would have to be a sale to give them a chance to replace him.

If we did buy him we would have to sell Santos or Gibbs, I can't see either of those two being happy as third choice LB

Arsenal in Aus

Our 1st choice LB is out. Our backup LB is out. Our backup-backup LB (TV) is out. A bit like the Arshavin Jan transfer, bringing in a LB (even if expensive) may well get us into 4th, and earn CL money. Even if we sold Arshavin for nothing now, his transfer more than paid for itself by getting us 4th position. The same is likely with a LB.

I don't profess to know each of the options as well as AW (and his scouting network) would, but I can do the math. We need a good LB this month, and it is worth the money.

Floating

Established Member
Arsenal in Aus said:
Our 1st choice LB is out. Our backup LB is out. Our backup-backup LB (TV) is out. A bit like the Arshavin Jan transfer, bringing in a LB (even if expensive) may well get us into 4th, and earn CL money. Even if we sold Arshavin for nothing now, his transfer more than paid for itself by getting us 4th position. The same is likely with a LB.

I don't profess to know each of the options as well as AW (and his scouting network) would, but I can do the math. We need a good LB this month, and it is worth the money.

Arsène agrees with you. He said it would be stupid to lose games because we don't have a left-back.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
People here thinking that Lyon are going to loan one their best players, the best left back in the French league, and one of the best young left backs in world football...

Are you taking the piss?

outlaw_member

Established Member
Irish_Owen said:
People here thinking that Lyon are going to loan one their best players, the best left back in the French league, and one of the best young left backs in world football...

Are you taking the piss?

Finally. Thank god.

The Escaped Ape

A transfer window as an Arsenal fan is essentially a fantasy. Getting excited about being linked to someone we're unlikely to buy is unavoidable.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2012/20120110_080446_arsenal-avance-sur-cissokho.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves20 ... sokho.html</a>

L'Equipe saying that we're trying to sign Cissokho on a permanent basis, with a meeting expected between the club clubs in the coming hours to discuss a deal for a measly figure of 10m euros. If it wasn't such a reliable source, I'd rubbish it, but I cant help but get exited by this.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

**** yes! Cissokho will add the type of quality depth we need, could also mean we'd be able to push Santos further forward if needed.

dpt49

Established Member
The Escaped Ape said:
A transfer window as an Arsenal fan is essentially a fantasy. Getting excited about being linked to someone we're unlikely to buy is unavoidable.
How true.
I always fall for the same rumours every transfer window, and think, this is the one where we really spend some money.
I now consider it a good transfer window if we just keep hold of our best players.
Actually buying a decent player almost unheard of

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Didn't Lyon pay about 25million for him a couple of years ago? Why would they sell him for 10m? It makes no sense to me to be honest.

Obviously would love it to happen though.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
Didn't Lyon pay about 25million for him a couple of years ago? Why would they sell him for 10m? It makes no sense to me to be honest.

Obviously would love it to happen though.
They paid €15m, and recently the player has came out stating this to L'Equipe.
"I spent the break calmly and enjoyed the holidays. This week, I will speak with the OL staff. I reckon I prefer England, but for now, there is nothing done".
I think this really has legs.

dpt49

Established Member
If this does happen, which I hope it does, I assume Gibbs will be the player on his way out

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Signing him on a permanent basis would surely mean the end of Gibbs here, wouldn't it?

I still assume that we'll be trying to sign him on loan with a buyout clause at the end of the season, so that Wenger can a.) look at how well Gibbs progresses if he gets fit again and b.) look how well Cissokho does in meantime without taking a gamble i.e. signing him immidiately.

10 Mill seems reasonable to me (if OL indeed bought him for 15 Mill Euros) and that's exactly the price range we're mostly dealing in, in recent seasons.

Not getting my hopes up of course, god forbid.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This guy is absolute boss on FM. That's all I know, no need to thank me for my insight.

The Escaped Ape

dpt49 said:
The Escaped Ape said:
How true.
I always fall for the same rumours every transfer window, and think, this is the one where we really spend some money.
I now consider it a good transfer window if we just keep hold of our best players.
Actually buying a decent player almost unheard of

And yet we believe don't we?

Irish Owen's link has got me excited again, despite myself. It's hideously predictable.

Still nothing can bring me down today, thanks to Thierry. :D

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom