• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amauri

kym7224

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3434981,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 81,00.html</a>

It is claimed The Gunners have made Amauri's representatives aware that they would be willing to pay him 4million euros (£3.2million) - which would seemingly be a big draw for the player.

Arsenal are also now in a financial position to be able to pay the asking price and they could very well be major rivals to Juve.

Liverpool and Real Madrid, amongst others, are also believed to be keeping a close check on the situation.

Isn't he similar type to Ade?

But Link is Link.

number_0

Established Member
For that kind of money i would rather we strengthen other areas of the field, or add another lump of money to the stash and buy villa.

kym7224

number_0 said:
For that kind of money i would rather we strengthen other areas of the field, or add another lump of money to the stash and buy villa.

absolutely.
And he is too similar to Ade.

siddharth

I think some Arsenal fans are going to need counseling help at the end of this transfer window. :|

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal have made a shock move for Palermo striker Amauri.

The Brazilian is expected to be sold to Juventus at the end of the season, but Gazzetta dello Sport says the Gunners have stalled negotiations with a contract offer worth £3.2 million-a-year being tabled to the player's agent, Mariano Grimaldi.

Grimaldi is currently discussing the Arsenal deal with Amauri, who could move to Emirates stadium as cover next season for crocked forward Eduardo da Silva.

banduan

Established Member
We are not paying 19M for him. That's just Palermo asking for a ludicrous amount. I suspect if we did take him we'd get him for much less than that.

He was a quality striker though.

BUT WAS CROCKED. OH NOES NOT ANOTHER ONE.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
FFS.

We will never sign him.

Actually alot of us is going to be very disappointed if we believe in everything. Its not like we haven't had any lessons in the past before.

Lets not hope for anything and then suddenly one "reyes" transfer shock us

Mostarac

Established Member
Amauri is a very good striker, kind of hit-man. He is not that similar to Adebayor as Amauri seems a bit more skilled technically and he looks quite strong in the air. He has not scored that much recently because of serious injuries both this and last season for Palermo. I would not mind him at Arsenal, but it looks like he is certainly going to Juventus this summer.

Gunner4life09

I have personally never heard of Amauri ... anyone can give any insight into his playing style ... whether he'd suit arsenal?

I think a lot of you are being too pesimistic although it is Arsène's style not the splash the cash but he did after all said he'd sign "one experienced player" personally I hope thats David Villa.

Illusion

Established Member
siddharth said:
I think some Arsenal fans are going to need counseling help at the end of this transfer window. :|

Like I've already said, should that be the case I always have Football Manager. I can immerse myself in my own little Arsenal bubble where I buy the right players and try to win the trophies our manager can't. I will ignore real football in favour of FM and be deliriously happy should I manage to do the unprecedented quadruple.

I will hope this summer and see what happens, but I always have my backup plan ;)

stiiphunn

Established Member
I've seen him twice but wasn't really paying attention like I do when Arsenal play for example.
Anyway what I remember is how good he is technically. He really impressed me. He looked very good on the ball.

But I really can't say more on the runs, the goalscoring, etc..

nidza7

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Amauri is a very good striker, kind of hit-man. He is not that similar to Adebayor as Amauri seems a bit more skilled technically and he looks quite strong in the air. He has not scored that much recently because of serious injuries both this and last season for Palermo. I would not mind him at Arsenal, but it looks like he is certainly going to Juventus this summer.

true

I heard it`s done deal. whatever that means.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Amuari was out for like several months at the end of last season and a lot of this one, hes a powerhouse of a striker but very good technically, lots of skill. He should stay in Italy and go to roma or milan who need a striker of his class, also two teams he tends to dominate single handly along with juve

Be interesting to have both him and drogba in the same league, both are very similar...Can do spectacular things out the blue

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I don't see what he's done to warrant being worth even close to £19m. His goalscoring records over the years has hardly been spectacular.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom