Arsenal Coaches Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by lamby22, May 11, 2018.

1. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Emery's 'inquest' now is leading to people getting fired? Hope Emery blames the tea lady for giving a poor speech as the reason for imploding next.

2. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

I doubt that Emery is heavily involved in this. Raul Sanllehi is running the show now.

Dj_sds - likes this.
  3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Can't lie, I'm only in this thread to monitor and police the Emery hate. So far, only @Artisan has posted a worthy effort containing a trace of venom. @blaze_of_glory 's was more in jest. It's early doors.

4. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Might apply for that.

I'd make a great scout tbh.

5. Mraven

Mraven Well-Known Member

Gazidis’ revolution :lol: Mislintat and Burgess gone. Is there anyone left?

6. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

People have been b1tching for years about Arsenal not holding anyone accountable for things going wrong. Seems like this should make people happy.

Dj_sds - and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  7. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

This goes beyond Emery tbh, I don't like seeing our coach having so much power again. I liked him at first, but something is starting to feel off about Raul to me, it seems like is delegating responsibility to the manager more and more.

Jury likes this.
  8. Aevi

Aevi Hands down best mod -Trilly (probably) Moderator

Thought he was meant to be highly reputed, this is odd.

celestis and krackpot like this.
  9. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

James Benge jumping on another story ffs, guy is shocking.

Seems like Emery blames the Aussie for our pathetic form, seems odd that Shad would get promoted though.

10. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

If its Dumb & Dumber at the wheel Emery could be at risk next. Ivans appointments are dropping one by one.

celestis and Artisan like this.
  11. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go as far as to say this is worrying and a sinking ship. Pretty obvious that certain individuals in the club were handpicked by a regime that is no longer present, expect change.

Dj_sds - and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  12. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

For starting Jenkinson and the Elneny/Guendouzi pivot against Palace.

American_Gooner likes this.
  13. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Darren Burgess got a big rep over here in the Aussie rules community, the team he was in charge was the hardest running team in the country , in a sport where they regularly notch up 15 k in a much more physical sport then football . He was also with Liverpool till he decided to return

Am a bit surprised by this but there you go .

14. Slartibartfast

Yeah, I remember when he was hired there was a lot of talk about his reputation in that sport. Maybe the differences in the sport didn't translate for him as well as expected? I don't know. Although I think the performance director for the Philadelphia 76ers in an Aussie Rules guy.

Which reminds me of the first time I saw Aussie Rules almost 40 years ago in the earliest days of ESPN when they filled time with taped games. I was fascinated because it seemed like complete chaos. It was like you put several other sports (including basketball with the dribbling) in a sack, shook them up and poured them out to get Aussie Rules. I always like to say (only half-jokingly) that I was surprised to find that there were actually rules when someone gave me a book of sports rules. :p

celestis likes this.
  15. celestis

They tinker with it every year :lol: it's becoming a joke now . Although to be fair , the knew rule preventing people kneeing others in the back when jumping is a sensible one . :p
    -

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Slartibartfast and BobP like this.
  16. Slartibartfast

For some reason I found the refs particularly amusing. I still don't understand it all quite well enough to know what they're up to. :lol:

pigge likes this.
  17. celestis

Two hand s is 6 points and one hand is one point . Don't ask about the rest none of us actually know . :lol:

Slartibartfast likes this.
  18. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

19. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Who knew Hale End had relocated permanently to the West End? :lol:

This club is an absolute farce with its appointments, directors of high performance who oversaw the worst surge towards a run in ever, a manager who, whilst pragmatic, has shocking game management selections & now an academy official heckling children!!

Sack the lot of them & start over.

Mrs Bergkamp and THunter like this.
  20. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We need a purge.