• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Coaches Thread

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is there a danger of too many cooks, people stepping on each other's toes? Feel real bad for Jens too. Still, any change is exciting to see.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Why would it be? That's his usual coaching setup.

Yh, but with Bould and a few of the other previous ones too. I know it's an attempt at having the best of both worlds but this is regime change, no? Usually with regime change, remnants of the old regime don't last long.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Two assistants, two goalkeeping coaches...who's in charge, what's the dynamic?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yh, but with Bould and a few of the other previous ones too. I know it's an attempt at having the best of both worlds but this is regime change, no? Usually with regime change, remnants of the old regime don't last long.

Bould is just there to be a familiar face. I imagine he'll only be there for one year and then leave when his contract expires. I'm not sure why there's two goalkeeping coaches but it's clear who the main man is. Looking at it from the outside in Emery appears to have brought in everyone he would've wanted to and they'll be the ones driving things forward.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Bould is just there to be a familiar face. I imagine he'll only be there for one year and then leave when his contract expires. I'm not sure why there's two goalkeeping coaches but it's clear who the main man is. Looking at it from the outside in Emery appears to have brought in everyone he would've wanted to and they'll be the ones driving things forward.

Agree with this. I reckon Bould is there to help with the transition and then he'll be gone at the end of his contract.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I was under the impression we would have more club men (ex players or not) in positions with this new structure... just like Bould. A group that stay even when manager changed. Not many were reporting Emery bringing in 5 of his guys.

Not really for or against it though. Just surprised.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Tbh I'm more than happy with a complete change in all roles. The previous staff were all Wenger men, we needed change and that's what we're getting. No idea why Bould is being kept around really, maybe he's just a comforter blanket for some of the players who need familiarity.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm pleased about Freddie and I really want Pires to stay on maybe higher up. A bit like Zanetti at Inter. A player who has the heart of the club,can relate to the players and will communicate with the board. I'm a bit surprised Jens wasn't retained as a mentor to Leno in his first season but I don't see what he could do for Cech or Ospina tbh.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Isn't one of the GK coaches for the Academy?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not overly fussed about Jens leaving, anyone connected with coaching our GK's (especially the young ones ment to be breaking through) for the last however many years can leave, Cech brought his own ability with him so doubt he was coached at his stage in his career.

Szcesny's coaching appeared to be awful once he came through.

Also its great having ex players associated with the club but if they cant coach then its not worth it, ie Adams, Sol :lol:

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Two assistants, two goalkeeping coaches...who's in charge, what's the dynamic?

Not much cause for concern.

Employing a second assistant native to the country, league or club is a good move for a couple of reasons:

1. He's familiar with the league.
2. He's familiar with the playing squad.

Bould will function as a consistent reference point for Emery, at least until he familiarises himself with his surroundings.

If I'm not mistaken the second GK coach only came on board last season, signing from Reading if I'm not mistaken. Doubt there would be much friction on that score.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Don't believe he is. Haven't heard that yet. He's with Germany for the WC.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not a coach but probably the best place for this.

Famous for stitching Steven Gerrard's Willie back together.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom