• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hm it'd be kinda weird to bring both Willian and Coutinho in, and if you could pick one I'd rather Coutinho, but whatevs.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He just want more skillful players in all attacking positions....I love these players too, but I want them at their prime, not sure now how far they are from their prime, as they are in their late 30s....But what we can see here is the type of players Arteta wants, in terms of playing style.

Auba/Laca/Özil/Nketiah/willock....they are all non-technical skilless players. Not enough on the ball in their game.

This is kind of expected. If you think of how guardiola liked his players. You know what Arteta wants. I'm so happy after all these year we are having our dominant skillful Arsenal back.

Thirty one is LATE thirties? Auba and Willian may be just outside of their peaks, but both are amongst the top attackers in the league.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Sooo Willian, Gabriel and maybe Partey with the extension of Ceballos and add Coutinho on loan..

Still don't think we'll manage Partey sometimes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Sooo Willian, Gabriel and maybe Partey with the extension of Ceballos and add Coutinho on loan..

Partey could be problem because of release clause but shouldn't be problem for us after qualified to Europe.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Very underwhelming, if it's only Willian that is meant to solve our relegation level of creativity up front.

Coutinho or any other player of that type is just so important. ESR will have a say this season, but he won't carry this burden

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Very underwhelming, if it's only Willian that is meant to solve our relegation level of creativity up front.

Coutinho or any other player of that type is just so important. ESR will have a say this season, but he won't carry this burden

Think we still want Coutinho.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Think we still want Coutinho.

Click the link to see Romano's response.
This has me worried.
Would certainly back Law's claim.

Obviously, there's a slight chance we want to have the topic of Coutinho dropped for a while until things calm down, but would be weird.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If we don't want countiho meaning we'll sign someone else. Maybe we feel signing Coutinho is bit too expensive specially if he didn't accept the pay cut and we'd rather sign someone else on long term

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If not Coutinho, who the hell else? We absolutely must sign an AM. A sneaky chance it's Aouarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?
Aouar or Ødegaard is the dream, I'd happily take Buendia though. Impressively press resistant and would've had a lot more assists if those insane through balls went to Pepe and Auba instead. Highlights of his game against Wolves show more chance creating passes than all our midfielders combined for the season.

Also low wage with big upside if he adds more output to his game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's no way Arteta speaks so much and so openly about us lacking creativity and magic and we just sign Willian on a free.

Maybe Coutinho was the deal to do had we not won the cup final but now things have changed. Willian for me is still the wide player Arteta wants. There's a lot of options other than Coutinho.

senna

Aouar or buendia are much preferred for me to Coutinho. We need to get young hungry players who want to improve and buy into these non negotiables Arteta requires. Liverpool, bayern and barca all think they are better off without Coutinho, so dont think we are in a position to carry him either.

Not seen enough of Buendia but he helped Pukki score more goals than Laca this season and Pukki is championship material at best.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We know Arteta wants a CB - Gabriel (£28M)
We know Arteta wants Partey and that Atletico want the release clause (£45M)
We know Arteta wants a wide player - Willian (£4.8M yearly wage + whatever signing on fee)

We also know Arteta wants a lot more creativity in the team but does Willian give him what he wants?

For me we still need one of Coutinho, Aouar, Buendia, Grealish or Szoboszlai. But we are in a position where we still need to get rid of Guendouzi and Torreira.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
ESR Should be with team next season even if we buy attacking midfielder he can add us more creativity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom