• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We obviously need players but I still can't see how this guy is the answer. We'll still have no one who can mark or tackle, that's still a huge risk in the centre.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If he's going to cost 35m forget about it. Offer Leicester that plus another 15m and get Tielemans if he's happy to come here. Big if though.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What are we going to negotiate about if Juventus refuse to let him leave atm?

It’s bollocks anyway. Juventus were looking to bin Ramsey this window. Why can they let Ramsey leave without getting a replacement but they need one for Arthur? Both are hardly used.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s bollocks anyway. Juventus were looking to bin Ramsey this window. Why can they let Ramsey leave without getting a replacement but they need one for Arthur? Both are hardly used.

When do we have to register him in the squad by for Sunday?

Hopefully we miss the deadline and get that fat, juicy postponement.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Not sure everything will be sorted before NLD but glad juve not messed things up for us. If not NLD at least we need him against Liverpool in 2nd leg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not sure everything will be sorted before NLD but glad juve not messed things up for us. If not NLD at least we need him against Liverpool in 2nd leg
My hope is that NLD will be post-poned, and this transfer will be late for that.

I bet Juventus got bigger loan fee as they saw our desperation. But anyway, a loan is not expensive for how a new midfielder can help us get top 4 (and cup final), even just by being a new body that is better than our 3rd-4th choice.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
My hope is that NLD will be post-poned, and this transfer will be late for that.

I bet Juventus got bigger loan fee as they saw our desperation. But anyway, a loan is not expensive for how a new midfielder can help us get top 4, even just by being a new body that is better than our 3rd-4th choice.
It'll be likely less than 5m because only 6 months. I think it'll only postponed if Tomi ESR and Ødegaard didn't make it specially after yesterday if saka and Cedric injured we won't have enough players i believe.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It'll be likely less than 5m because only 6 months. I think it'll only postponed if Tomi ESR and Ødegaard didn't make it specially after yesterday if saka and Cedric injured we won't have enough players i believe.

We had enough players available for the game yesterday even when Xhaka was off. The game wont be postponed.

CountChocula

Difference between Ramsey and Arthur suggests Juve trying to use a BS negotiation tactic...

On another topic, I'm intrigued by us taking a Moneyball approach where we take other team's rejects (Ødegaard, Arthur) at a discount and try to increase their value by giving them a second lease on life. Essentially we're arbitraging their apparent value (which we think other teams are undervaluing e.g. Tomiyasu is a good example) and what we consider to be their actual value. It could turn out to be great (Ødegaard) or it could turn out to be * (Willian), we'll have to wait and see with Arthur.

Overall, I'm glad we finally have a cohesive recruitment strategy now unlike StatDNA forcing Mustafi + Xhaka on Wenger who clearly didn't want those players at all, or Raul forcing Pepe on Emery.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom