• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
My hope is that NLD will be post-poned, and this transfer will be late for that.

I bet Juventus got bigger loan fee as they saw our desperation. But anyway, a loan is not expensive for how a new midfielder can help us get top 4 (and cup final), even just by being a new body that is better than our 3rd-4th choice.

If anything, Reckon Juve are holding out for an obligation to buy of some sort.

Feel a bigger loan fee here makes only a small difference to them unless we're paying silly money.

How big is his wage packet anyway?

I absolutely hate dealing with Italian clubs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We had enough players available for the game yesterday even when Xhaka was off. The game wont be postponed.
Cedric and maybe Saka got injured, plus Xhaka is banned. That's possibly three players less, at least two.

So we might have less players than needed due to covid + injures, which is what the rules say.

drippin

If anything, Reckon Juve are holding out for an obligation to buy of some sort.

Feel a bigger loan fee here makes only a small difference to them unless we're paying silly money.

How big is his wage packet anyway?

I absolutely hate dealing with Italian clubs.
Quite certain that the club won't put an obligation to buy. They will pay more loan fee rather. You don't do that to a player with so few minutes and being a flop.

His wages are 100k per week or something.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Quite certain that the club won't put an obligation to buy. They will pay more loan fee rather.

His wages are 100k per week or something.

That seems on the low side for someone coming from two teams that love to pay silly wages in Juve and Barca.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Cedric and maybe Saka got injured, plus Xhaka is banned. That's possibly three players less, at least two.

So we might have less players than needed due to covid + injures, which is what the rules say.

You have to include all the youngsters on the bench yesterday. Either way it would be a farce if we refuse to play because one of our players have Covid. Close to Liverpools cheating actually.

drippin

You have to include all the youngsters on the bench yesterday. Either way it would be a farce if we refuse to play because one of our players have Covid. Close to Liverpools cheating actually.
The rules don't care about youngsters, they have to be the players on the max. 25 name squad registered in EPL. Rules are rules.

CountChocula

Can someone explain to me why would Juventus loan him to us if they need a replacement anyway? Why not just keep him? I'm confused by this.
It gives them leverage during the negotiation. Edu: I'll give you 10M, Juve: but we will need to replace him which will cost us money, Edu: okay I'll give you 5M more, etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can someone explain to me why would Juventus loan him to us if they need a replacement anyway? Why not just keep him? I'm confused by this.

Does this even make sense? Why would we negotiate personal terms with the player if it's a loan deal?
Don't we just agree a deal with the club who keep paying his wages directly?
Isn't that how loan deals work?
We negotiate with juve not player if we going to give him his full wages and loan fee. Not sure there something we discuss with Arthur only signs papers that he gonna be our player until 30 of June

Makavelii

It gives them leverage during the negotiation. Edu: I'll give you 10M, Juve: but we will need to replace him which will cost us money, Edu: okay I'll give you 5M more, etc.
So they think Edu is stupid?
Why would Edu think they're loaning him to us if they need to replace him?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

80k? Then it's a very decent deal. Juve just get some random replacement and let him go ffs

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We need that extra body so I'll be happy for them to get this one done. He should be able to do a competent enough job till the summer, by which time we'll hopefully have the CL pull to go for our main target.

CountChocula

So they think Edu is stupid?
Why would Edu think they're loaning him to us if they need to replace him?
It's not about stupid vs. not stupid. It's like you going to negotiate your salary with your boss. If you have an offer from another company, you can use it as leverage. Are you gonna call your boss stupid for respecting that leverage and giving you a bigger raise?

Leverage is a fact of life and both negotiators, if they're worth their salt, will find leverage in anything they can get their hands on to get the best deal they can

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom