• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's very unlikely that Arthur would hit the ground running as the adjustment period for the premier League is generally quite difficult for the more technical players.
If it was only about covering for the next 6 month we would need someone who is already adjusted to the league(like wijnaldum)
Ødegaard helped us last season, although not perfect, and there was an injury.

A 6 months loan is not very expensive for how it can cover and help us.

Wijnaldum is not available.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Because he was poor in France and they wanted to loan him out in hope he increases his value. At Monaco his value was going down. I find Tilesman overrated as well. Ndidi is the star of that midfield

Exactly, he was a flop in the weaker French league and most observers had written him off and now since the loan has been balling in the PL ever since.

Also there you go again hyping up the more physical Ndidi(a water carrier) over the less physical but more talented Tielemans. This obsession is unhealthy.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Exactly, he was a flop in the weaker French league and most observers had written him off and now since the loan has been balling in the PL ever since.

Also there you go again hyping up the more physical Ndidi(a water carrier) over the less physical but more talented Tielemans. This obsession is unhealthy.
Ndidi is so much more than a water carrier. His presence alone makes it so much easier for a midfielder to thrive better in the attack. He makes a massive difference for any team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Did you watch Leicester yesterday how easy Sp**s was carving through their midfield and bullying him? We have had our share lightweights in our club to see them physically get bullied by less talented players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ndidi is so much more than a water carrier. His presence alone makes it so much easier for a midfielder to thrive better in the attack. He makes a massive difference for any team.
I’m sure he would call kante water carrier as well. Some people just don’t respect defensive midfielders and the importance one with great engine makes to a team. Leicester’s midfield without him is lightweight. And he even played CB for them this season when they had players out. He is a better player than Tilesman who can play only one position and need to be used one way to be effective

MauveGunner

I’m sure he would call kante water carrier as well. Some people just don’t respect defensive midfielders and the importance one with great engine makes to a team. Leicester’s midfield without him is lightweight. And he even played CB for them this season when they had players out. He is a better player than Tilesman who can play only one position and need to be used one way to be effective
Different type of player than Tielemans. Ndidi can't control the tempo of the game, and Youri can't hold the midfield like Ndidi does. But both are very complemenraty with each other.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Different type of player than Tielemans. Ndidi can't control the tempo of the game, and Youri can't hold the midfield like Ndidi does. But both are very complemenraty with each other.
True. But a team with two ndidis in midfield will grind down a team with two Tilesman in their midfield. Now offcourse a team with two xavis would dominate two ndidis. Point being Youri is not talented enough in the areas he is strong at to overcome the sheer work rate and speed of ndidi. Leicester this season has really struggled to control matches because Tilesman off the ball lacks any ability to with it back. My biggest issue with him is mobility. He is a player that doesn’t move around the pitch. He is usually in the same small areas when I watch him

MauveGunner

True. But a team with two ndidis in midfield will grind down a team with two Tilesman in their midfield. Now offcourse a team with two xavis would dominate two ndidis. Point being Youri is not talented enough in the areas he is strong at to overcome the sheer work rate and speed of ndidi. Leicester this season has really struggled to control matches because Tilesman off the ball lacks any ability to with it back. My biggest issue with him is mobility. He is a player that doesn’t move around the pitch. He is usually in the same small areas when I watch him
Tielemans isn't the type of player to rely on for his defensive capabilities that's true. When he debuted in Belgium he could rely on his talent, but even then he needed help from Dendonker.

For me he's an improvement from Xhaka. Don't know Melo, so I can't judge how he fares agains him.

MATHEO

If we wanna play total football like Arteta wants to play then whats the point of signing a technically limited player like Ndidi? Ffs we spent milions on ball playing GK and CBs yet some want Ndidi at the base of our midfield.

Football (at least the type of football we're trying to play) outgrew pure destroyers. You have to have more than in your tank that to play such football, and for me I'd easily argue that organised pressing with "small players" is more effective defensively than relying on a single elite destroyer to carry defensive duties.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we wanna play total football like Arteta wants to play then whats the point of signing a technically limited player like Ndidi? Ffs we spent milions on ball playing GK and CBs yet some want Ndidi at the base of our midfield.

Football (at least the type of football we're trying to play) outgrew pure destroyers. You have to have more than in your tank that to play such football, and for me I'd easily argue that organised pressing with "small players" is more effective defensively than relying on a single elite destroyer to carry defensive duties.
I don’t know what football Arteta wants to play. He chats a lot of sh1t. If you want to play great football you need technically great attackers more than midfielders. Players who can make difference in final 3rd

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !

Teilemens wasn't even good enough to be a water carrier against Spuds yesterday. He was woeful and even gave the ball away for the 3rd goal.

MauveGunner

Teilemens wasn't even good enough to be a water carrier against Spuds yesterday. He was woeful and even gave the ball away for the 3rd goal.
Pretty logical since that isn't his strong suit. Ndidi en Tielemans are 2 totally different players.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Coquelin - Cazorla ... You could call the first limited. But he provided the support to let Cazorla what he was good at. I agree with some doesn't understand the importance of team play and complementary work, especially in midfield.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Kante is actually the textbook example of a water carrier. He wins the ball and he gives it to the creative players. He’s one of the best there’s ever been at it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m starting to lean towards an 18 month loan.

We’re getting dangerously close to pinning our top four hopes on Xhaka’s discipline and Partey’s form.

When Elneny leaves in the summer we’ll have just three central midfielders and I don’t trust the club to get both numbers and quality in.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom