• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCFan4Ever

I doubt Cashley will even be here by the time the qualifier rolls around so it really is a moot point.

Man I really hope Wenger has a plan because it's looking more and more likely that we're losing both Cole and Reyes now.

cesc18

AFCFan4Ever said:
I doubt Cashley will even be here by the time the qualifier rolls around so it really is a moot point.

Man I really hope Wenger has a plan because it's looking more and more likely that we're losing both Cole and Reyes now.

with clichy traore and hoyte for LB
we r probably all right but until clichy returns it s going to be a bit stretched
reyes we d probably best equipped with his loss
it wasnt like he was a fixture in the 11
with rosicky playing on the left and van persie adebayor upfront
his likely positions has other players

btw if we did manage to sign gallas
wonder what he would think if we had to play him at LB for a few games :D

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
_scorpion_ said:
He won't be playing Cole if he's leaving and that is simple. Best player for the position or not you can expect this 'situation' to end soon.

As I said before, the only thing Arsène is responsible for is getting the right result for the club. Politics and everything else take a back seat to that. He will only care about having the strongest team he can possibly play.

There are no in-betweens regarding Cole staying or going. Cole is either an Arsenal player or he isn't. The only reason Arsène would not play Ashley was if he felt that the player could not be 100% focused on his performance or was not yet in the right physical condition - not to try and avoid making him cup-tied in any prospective transfer.

If he is an Arsenal player and Arsène feels he is able to be an important factor in achieving his aim of getting the right result then I promise you, he will play.

quattro

^ it really can't be that cut and dry... especially when we all know that its cole himself who is pushing for the move. wenger should think of whats going to happen on the pitch that much we can all agree on. on cole actually being the best lb option at the moment (lacking in training as well commitment and desire to play for the club?), thats quite debatable.

daniel

That is definetly debateable, especially knowing that he wants to leave...
He didn't play most of the last season, and quite frankly, we didn't miss him all that much...
So i belive he should be leaving us. The sooner, the better.

cesc18

Big Poppa said:
_scorpion_ said:
He won't be playing Cole if he's leaving and that is simple. Best player for the position or not you can expect this 'situation' to end soon.

As I said before, the only thing Arsène is responsible for is getting the right result for the club. Politics and everything else take a back seat to that. He will only care about having the strongest team he can possibly play.

There are no in-betweens regarding Cole staying or going. Cole is either an Arsenal player or he isn't. The only reason Arsène would not play Ashley was if he felt that the player could not be 100% focused on his performance or was not yet in the right physical condition - not to try and avoid making him cup-tied in any prospective transfer.

If he is an Arsenal player and Arsène feels he is able to be an important factor in achieving his aim of getting the right result then I promise you, he will play.

yeah
and he did play immediately after the chelsea meeting
it was against manu i think

if he does play how much do you think would it make a difference to his transfer fee being cup tied or will the transfer fall through
and besides if he gets picked and plays i cant see him playing badly :D
it would hurt his reputation badly even worse than it has now

personally i dont think there is any chance he will play

wengerboy

Established Member
we are gonna be like the new ajax, watching the youth players leaving while we are saying we have a bright future over and over again.

karl

That's not true. Why have we got the best player in the league and probably the world. You just have to accept that some players are driven by greed and for now Chelsea will be attractive to them.

kanooo

Cole's case is getting too long. Should be sorted out soon. Chelsea should get on with it and just pay up 30 mill. Afterall, they're trying to get a very important player from a rival club. What did they expect?

Apart from that, now it's Reyes. I know he's denied that he wants to go to RM. But why does these stories of him linking to Madrid comes out every once in awhile? Rumours are not to be trusted but then again, there has to be some truth in it if it keeps on popping out every now and then. And it is really pissing me off.

Chicago

wengerboy said:
we are gonna be like the new ajax, watching the youth players leaving while we are saying we have a bright future over and over again.

yeah, but we're not getting rid of him just because we want the money, clearly he has a problem with the club, he didn't show up at all for the preseason training camp. Selling Fabregas to mardid, that would be an ajax move.

RedNWhite

It's really about time Ashley Cole came out (no pun intended) and stated his real intentions. None of this tabloid rubbish of "a close friend said blah blah" etc. The statement needs to come straight from the horses mouth. Obviously there is no smoke without fire, but it's us fans that suffer the most. It seems like Cole is not a man, but a boy who hasn't grown up yet. From every story that's been read and heard, there really can't be any excuse for what he has done, even though it seems he thinks there is. To just let us all wait until his autobiography is released also seems really pathetic. So come on Ashley, if you are man enough, tell us what the hell is going on now!

Grampus_Eight

Chicago said:
wengerboy said:

yeah, but we're not getting rid of him just because we want the money, clearly he has a problem with the club, he didn't show up at all for the preseason training camp. Selling Fabregas to mardid, that would be an ajax move.

Speaking of Ajax's moves...

If Taye Taiwo isn't an option because of his price or his playing style, then I'd hope we'd consider Ajax's Urby Emanuelson who I think everyone has some familiarity with.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Under ... 27313.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Under ... index.html

We should have brought in another left back at the beginning of the summer or in January since everyone knew Cole was leaving. Now we'll have to pay above the odds if we are to get a good one. But Cashley has been sporting enough to make sure we are well compensated for his multiple acts of espionage and treason.

Meatwad

Urby wouldn't offer us much at this point and he certainly doesn't have more potential than Traore. why sign another young player who won't offer much this season? either an older player who won't block anyone or roll with who you have until clichy is ready.

wengerboy said:
oh please use some logic. ajax can't afford to pay the wages we pay players. the players he sells for big money are always replaced with class players.

Grampus_Eight

Meatwad said:
Urby wouldn't offer us much at this point and he certainly doesn't have more potential than Traore. why sign another young player who won't offer much this season? either an older player who won't block anyone or roll with who you have until clichy is ready.

wengerboy said:
oh please use some logic. ajax can't afford to pay the wages we pay players. the players he sells for big money are always replaced with class players.

First, Urby Emanuelson made the first XI team at this recent U-21 tournament and made 34 starts for Ajax last year including all their champions league fixtures. So you can't exactly say he wouldn't potentially offer something right now. He is also a left footed player that can play in the midfield something we don't have a lot of right now. More importantly, we need depth and competition for places. It needs to be assumed that Clichy will struggle with injuries, this current injury was rumored to be career threatening. Hopefully Gael will return, but look at his full recovery as a pleasant surprise, not something the club need to count on it.

Other than Ricardo Gardner, I don't know of any older left backs who are available and could step right in for the short term. Do you?

chelsie

Oh, Ashley is staying. I've waited 2 weeks for Ash to become a chelsea player and he hasn't. It now seems that the same tabloids that said he'll be a Chelsea player by 'wednesday' are saying that Arsenal are threatening to cup tie Ash to F chelsea over.

Why is anyone taking what 'the sun' prints as gospel truth. This is the same newspaper that claimed Ashley said to a pal 'I want to be a Chelsea player' at his wedding.

LMAO! 'The Sun' were not at Ashley's wedding. And like as if Chelsea FC would really be on his mind on his big day. :roll:

Grampus_Eight

chelsie said:
Oh, Ashley is staying. I've waited 2 weeks for Ash to become a chelsea player and he hasn't. It now seems that the same tabloids that said he'll be a Chelsea player by 'wednesday' are saying that Arsenal are threatening to cup tie Ash to F chelsea over.

Why is anyone taking what 'the sun' prints as gospel truth. This is the same newspaper that claimed Ashley said to a pal 'I want to be a Chelsea player' at his wedding.

LMAO! 'The Sun' were not at Ashley's wedding. And Chelsea would really be on his mind on his big day. :roll:

Don't worry your little, Russian oil-coated heart about it. He's as good as yours. I'm really sorry you've had to wait two whole weeks without your "club" spending another 25M quid on a transfer.

He can take his attitude, his wife, his dj and his mobile right over to the Roman's Bridge for all most of us care at this point. Just be sure to tell Kenyon to leave the the money on the night table when he buys him.

Let me personally welcome you to arsenal-mania, I hope you enjoy winding some people up and getting abuse hurled at you.

Dlya menya eto ochen' neobychny sposob znakomstva.

Poka!

chelsie

mUTHAF'/0/O879!#$#%
Dude you're dillussional! Insane! I'm no Chelsea fan FFS. Since when does chelsea fc spell Chelsea 'c.h.e.l.s.i.e?

I swear to god I'm gonna have to change my name. :x

I'm just merely stating that these reports are bullsh!t! Ash was supposed to be a chelsea player 2 weeks ago. He isn't.

Never accuse me of following that lot again!!

Meatwad

Grampus_Eight said:
Meatwad said:

wengerboy said:

First, Urby Emanuelson made the first XI team at this recent U-21 tournament and made 34 starts for Ajax last year including all their champions league fixtures. So you can't exactly say he wouldn't potentially offer something right now. He is also a left footed player that can play in the midfield something we don't have a lot of right now. More importantly, we need depth and competition for places. It needs to be assumed that Clichy will struggle with injuries, this current injury was rumored to be career threatening. Hopefully Gael will return, but look at his full recovery as a pleasant surprise, not something the club need to count on it.

Other than Ricardo Gardner, I don't know of any older left backs who are available and could step right in for the short term. Do you?
I know he started for Ajax, he contributed to one of our goals. If we want growing pains we have players like that on our club, we don't need to go elsewhere to get it. A healthy Clichy is better than him. In the short term (and if Clichy got hurt again), Flamini is a much safer option. I just don't see him offering anything to us at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom