• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beany said:
I disagree - he has spent two years militating for a move to Chel$ki...
I'm not so sure about that. Anyway, he is on his way out, so at least AW can do is to get proper cash. I agree with karl that moroninho is trying to speed up the process. I don't think we'll be able to fork 25m out of Chelsea.

yoinkster

Arsenal won't be moved on transfer fees, if they value a player at a price then they demand that fee and nothing less will suffice.
In that respect, I don't think Cashley will go {shame eh}
but why won't chavski stump up the cash, they've done it before for worse players, scott parker anyone ?
The best result out of this for me is chavski not to stump up the fee, for cashley to throw out his toys and for him then to rot in the reserves, I hope the guy's career falls flat on its face no matter the result. Don't want the guy at the club at all.

Rohit

Established Member
Beany said:
His mistake was in signing a contract extension but that was down, I suspect, to the fact that Chel$ki had to let the issue cool given the s**t they got into vis a vis tapping Cashley up.

He signed just a 1 year extension which was surprising because i thought the matter had been settled.They probably signed him on just for one year hoping an agreement would be reached but he just escalated the whole problem buy taking the matter to court.

If he wouldn't have signed the extension we would have had to sell him last season itself as otherwise now he'd have had just a year to run on his contract and could have left for peanuts.

cesc18

Beany said:
karl said:
Beany said:
His mistake was in signing a contract extension but that was down, I suspect, to the fact that Chel$ki had to let the issue cool given the s**t they got into vis a vis tapping Cashley up.

No this was down to Cashly not being able to resist another pay rise!

lol - let's say it was a combination of the two. Cashley and that ****head agent of his gambled that Arsenal would capitulate or Chel$ki would pay any price but as we speak, neither party is playing ball.
i think the fact that both wenger and the special needs one saying that this needs to be resolved by the end of the week
probably means they are negotiating
its how much we get that remains to be seen :lol:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I think all this means that both Managers want it sorted which is different to it being sorted.

The bottom line is that if Chel$ki pay the asking price Cashley is all theirs. if they don't they can **** of back to chavland. End of.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

™}}T£M0o$£{{™ said:
i would rather he stays at arsenal because he is our 2nd best player and we would be selling to a rival

And the award for most circuitous thread goes to....

:roll:

karl

I still don't understand why Mourinho wants to get it sorted out. If he delays as long as possible we would not have enough time to buy any replacements with the money. Also money is only important to Chelsea in terms of not giving enough to us to strengthen our squad.

Wenger should play tough as he holds all the cards here!!!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I think we stick it out. We get what we want or no deal. Simple as that, if Chelsea want him then they have to pay the price that we have set. If they don't then he stays.

The fact that we are selling to our rivals means that they have to pay over the odds to get him.

Zico

Established Member
karl said:
I still don't understand why Mourinho wants to get it sorted out. If he delays as long as possible we would not have enough time to buy any replacements with the money. Also money is only important to Chelsea in terms of not giving enough to us to strengthen our squad.

Wenger should play tough as he holds all the cards here!!!

Mate, Mourinho has his own team to worry about. He has a Community Shield game this week he'd probably like to throw Cole into as he did with Essien last year. Plus he'd like all of next week to integrate Cole into the line-up.

I'm just interested in what type of exit Cole will have. Will he take it upon himself to reveal all about Arsenal and criticise the club, or will he be mature and get to delivering at his new company?

Rohit

Established Member
Was just wondering if Cole would still give a 100% on the pitch,like he always has IF for some reason or the other he wasn't sold ?

mistaz23

Rohit said:
Was just wondering if Cole would still give a 100% on the pitch,like he always has IF for sone reason or the other he wasn't sold ?

He would probably play at 80% which still makes him better than most leftbacks in the world. However what he has done is irreparable and his displeasures would be a distraction in the locker room. It would be better for all parties if he left... Besides, I'm convinced that CLichy is Cole's clone. And traore is CLichy's clone! As long as those two stay fit, our LB position wont be a problem for the next 10 years or so

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
weisheng said:
Henry's got a point. I hate to say it, but clichy and flamini arent as good as cole is yet, and we'd be losing another senior player at the club. wenger himself has said we need experience.

Henry mentioned that selling cole to chelsea would be selling one of our key assets to the team we're trying to catch. its a double whammy and thats a really good point. at the mo, they've got wayne bridge as their only natural LB (assuming gallas leaves - and he doesnt like playing there anyway) so that could be where chelsea could be exploited. selling cole to em would make the LB position one of their strong points instead.

the more i look at it from this perspective the more i want to keep him.

Indeed. I don't know why Henry's comments have caused such a stir. He signed a new contract on the basis that our ambitions would continue to be in line with his.

As far as he's concerned, the rest of the players don't have a problem with Cole and he's also a key member of the team. His relationship with the board and the fans has little to do with what goes on on the pitch. Nobody can blame him for looking at things from a pure sporting point of view. Who caused the situation is not important to him, but resolving it so that one of the clubs best assets is not allowed to move to a rival they're trying to catch, is.

Ashley's behaviour has been lamentable, but it does not excuse selling one of your best players to your main rivals. Gallas is regularly on French tv dissing Chelsea, but Kenyon would rather wine and dine all of the Arsenal officials than allow him to join us.

Zico

Established Member
Forget the pitch, Rohit. The dressing room is where we'll have issues.

I keep thinking about that sms Vieira sent Cole regarding his wage negotiations telling him to demand 80k a week. Keeping Cole could lead to some of our younger and poorer (sic) players being similarly poorly influenced by him. Unhappiness in a dressing room is catching.

Ratinho

Established Member
Because Cole's trying to force his way out of the club, showing a massive lack of respect and contempt for the club? Maybe.

Comments like this about a player who is being sold because he is desperate to get out and get more money......pointless tbh.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
weisheng said:
Henry's got a point. I hate to say it, but clichy and flamini arent as good as cole is yet, and we'd be losing another senior player at the club. wenger himself has said we need experience.

Henry mentioned that selling cole to chelsea would be selling one of our key assets to the team we're trying to catch. its a double whammy and thats a really good point. at the mo, they've got wayne bridge as their only natural LB (assuming gallas leaves - and he doesnt like playing there anyway) so that could be where chelsea could be exploited. selling cole to em would make the LB position one of their strong points instead.

Indeed. I don't know why Henry's comments have caused such a stir. He signed a new contract on the basis that our ambitions would continue to be in line with his.

As far as he's concerned, the rest of the players don't have a problem with Cole and he's also a key member of the team. His relationship with the board and the fans has little to do with what goes on on the pitch. Nobody can blame him for looking at things from a pure sporting point of view. Who caused the situation is not important to him, but resolving it so that one of the clubs best assets is not allowed to move to a rival they're trying to catch, is.

Ashley's behaviour has been lamentable, but it does not excuse selling one of your best players to your main rivals. Gallas is regularly on French tv dissing Chelsea, but Kenyon would rather wine and dine all of the Arsenal officials than allow him to join us.

Well, durr, that's cos they don't need to recoup any cash from him!

*leaving for any club

awooga83

Established Member
Exactly. Arsenal cannot help the fact Cole is being a prat we either sell to chelsea and get money or we will keep cole lose out on money and still lose his services because he won't play again, except that way he can continue his propaganda war in the press about how hard it is at Arsenal and how they treat him so bad.

Also comparing the situation with Chelsea is ridiculous there in a totally unique position where they can afford to stop players going to a rival at all costs and the players usually go somewhere else or fall back into line because they know Chelsea are in that unique position.

chris66

One other posible angle that doesn't seem to be being discussed is that Arsène may be looking to narrow Cole's options with a view to reconciling with him. Chelsea and Real Madrid need new left backs now, they arent going to sit and wait for Cole. So if he is stuck at Arsenal for another year, then the current windows of opportunities will in all likelyhood be closed.

One of the reasons Cole is so full of himself is that he feels he has other options. If in a years time Chelsea is not interested any longer then he would be forced to go abroad, as there is no way he is moving up North to Man U or Liverpool. Personally I don't think he wants that - he is a London boy with a new Geordie wife, who doesn't look like she wants to give up her career of whatever the **** she does to give her 15 inutes of fame. Despite all the comparisons I don't think he has Beckham's confidence to go and make it overseas, that is why Chelsea seems so obvious for him. e gets his change (for whatever reasons) but the rest of his life stays the same.

It might seem a bit out there today, but if he were to stay and eventually sign a new contract we may be able to put this behind us. The flaw in ths argument is that he might have to show some humility, which to this point has certainly appeared beyond him.

Gurgen

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
weisheng said:

You still don't get it do you?

Cole wants out. We would not be selling him if he didn't want out. Arsène wanted him to stay, but Cole wants to leave this club. He wants to go drinking and groping waitresses with his buddies Fat Frank and John 'Handball' Terry, because they are so frightfully English.

So let's get the facts straight:
1) Cole met with Chelsea.
2) Cole wants to leave Arsenal.
3) We want to sell.

So why is Henry *****ing? If he likes Cole so much he should think about joining Chelsea, because it's 99% sure that Cashley will never play for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom