• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eezyprogress

NIPOLOPO said:
http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article1218668.ece

OH Dear. I bet they are planning to make a £25m bid on the last day of the transfer window , so we don't get the money we need nor the time to make a bid for his replacement

Seriously guys, can we really see Arsène buying a replacement for Cole?

Personally, I dont think that he will.

Hoyte, and Flamini can/ will fill in until Clichy returns, (and he will probably miraculously return before people think). Thats not to forget the impact that Traore despite his inexperience, has made upon us. Also please note the lengths that AFC.com have gone to, to communicate the imminent return of Ryan Garry.

Any thoughts?

karl

I seriously doubt he would want to buy a replacement, even if it was the beginning of the transfer window. I would prefer a centre back or central midfileder.

karl

Does anyone know if Cashley ever put in a formal transfer request? Will he be expecting any loyalty bonuses or a percentage of the transfer fee?

Army of Me

Established Member
it might depend on whats been happening behind the scenes.

if cashley has told arsenal he doesn't want to play for them then wouldn't that be an implied transfer request?

i'd like to think we'd give nothing more to cashley, and i'm sure if it ever went to court we'd simply point out the whole tapping up affair and any "loyalty" bonus would be scrapped.

if there's any justice in the world...

qs

Established Member
£23 million yes please.

Looking at Chelseas line up now its pretty clear they are desperate for Cole. Their backlines not got alot of cover at all now. Theyre in desperate need of Cole. I'm not suprised they've upped their bid. I expect this will be done and dusted by Monday.

The_byrne

23m is an amazing amount for a left back who wants out. ironic that it's the same amount we got for anelka, look what wenger did with that (TH14, Bobby pires, Ralph)

AGooner

I have a cunning plan, that's more cunning than a fox that's got a degree in cunning from Oxford University.

Obviously Chelsea are dragging this out to try and destabilise our club, but going by their dispaly against the MLS Allstars it's obvious they are desperate for him.

I think the Arsenal fans should start pretending to want C*ntly to stay, and re-iterating exactly what AW says?

P.S. anyone know when C*ntly's book is being released I want to invest in a recycling plant as I think alot of paper is gonna be pulped.

maxxx

i heard chelsea are now offering us 6M plus Wayne Bridge.

We might as well take it, that way wenger won't have to buy a replacement.

Dignan

maxxx said:
i heard chelsea are now offering us 6M plus Wayne Bridge.

We might as well take it, that way wenger won't have to buy a replacement.

Yes, £17m for Wayne Bridge and the chance to be the laughing stock of the footballing world sounds about right.

goonerz49

IF chelsea did offer £6m plus bridge i hope DD actually went to stamford bridge and spat in every one of their faces

patrick42uk

Established Member
does anyone else find it strange that all these england players are coming out with autobiographies? lampard, gerrard, rooney, cole. aint these dudes kinda young to be writing books/

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
does anyone else find it strange that all these england players are coming out with autobiographies? lampard, gerrard, rooney, cole. aint these dudes kinda young to be writing books/
the rooney one straight takes the piss but i think they were all tapped up for the book deals while on international duty, there's no doubt in my mind of this.

Kenyonhater

This from Roy Collins in tomorrow's Telegraph:-

"After England's miserable World Cup, club supporters will be looking for something more engaging than another one-horse Premiership race in Chelsea blue. But although Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool believe they can make this a genuine title race, there are serious question marks about them.

Arsenal have the pedigree, but their fans will share the exasperation of captain Thierry Henry that the club are going into the season heavily undermanned. Having allowed Sol Campbell to tear up his contract, they have also been in negotiations to sell Jose Antonio Reyes and Ashley Cole, with no known replacements heading to Emirates Stadium.

That Arsenal were even willing to return a call from Chelsea over Cole suggests a club for whom rivalry is melting into surrender. Manager Arsène Wenger decided long ago home-grown players were the only form of currency with which Arsenal could compete against Roman Abramovich's millions. So if they now sell one of London Colney's most successful graduates to Chelsea, they might as well become their official nursery club.

It also raises a big question about Arsenal's supposed ethics, since the Cole transfer is bad business in both senses of the phrase. Having reported Chelsea for tapping up Cole, they now display the morals of a prostitute with her skirt half-lifted, pretending to be affronted by the approach when, in reality, simply haggling over the price. Completing this grisly tableau is the sight of Chelsea's posturing manager Jose Mourinho, declaring that, this time, transfer negotiations will be conducted by the book, as if last year's secret talks are somehow divorced from their current courtship of Cole.

If he goes, Arsenal could find themselves out of the title race before the smoke from the starting pistol has cleared and certainly before their visit to Stamford Bridge on Dec 10. The championship may still be a marathon, but Chelsea have turned it into one, long, relentless gallop, in which contenders can no longer hope to launch a spring bid from off the pace.

With Gael Clichy injured, Arsenal will have no recognised left-back if Cole goes. And with Philippe Senderos also out after a shoulder operation, they may be forced to use Pascal Cygan in central defence, which would be likely to cost them too many points early in the season."

My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom