• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Chelsea are probably stupid enough to pay £30 million for Ashley Cole.
They splash out cash and they don't even look at what position they play for. I wouldn't complain if we get in return Gallas, which would virtually a good signing.

Lyon were clever enough to ask for the services of Tiago and gain £24 million, so why can't we do the same?

Yossi Benayoun is also another good player and he was outstanding in the FA Cup Final. But the only problem maybe if he fits into our style of play.

Jameel46

Established Member
Revolution said:
They splash out cash and they don't even look at what position they play for. I wouldn't complain if we get in return Gallas, which would virtually a good signing.

Lyon were clever enough to ask for the services of Tiago and gain £24 million, so why can't we do the same?

Yossi Benayoun is also another good player and he was outstanding in the FA Cup Final. But the only problem maybe if he fits into our style of play.

how is it stupid to pay £30mil for cole? that SOB is the best LB in the world.

and benayoun is a good player but i would prefer ribery.

Ricky_AFC

Well it is chelsea we are dealing with, and they are complete idiots. they always pay over the odds so let them pay over the odds this time. Great move by Wenger threatening to cup tie him.

AGooner

Hopefully nothing as he was injured and the insurance policy should have covered his salary?

I think that we can hold out for around £22m but our bargaining position isn't great at the moment as Chavski know what an unsettling effect he is having on the team, and I'm sure they'll milk it. I can't see the logic in selling him to Chelski though, I say put him in the reserves for the next couple of years or sell him to Newcastle.

I think like he will regret going to Chavski in the long term, OK he might earn an extra million a year. But the difference is they can afford to spend big money on a player and if it doesn't work out, just dump them. Furthermore Abramovich likes buying players like toys i.e. Carlos for the son, Sheva (and his wife) for the wife, so there will always be a high player turnover. Whereas at Arsenal we cannot afford to let them fail and have to do everything to help out the players. I remember a time when Cole was not that highly rated, and was getting slated for his performances for England. It's Arsène Wengers faith in him that's got him where he is today.

awooga83

Established Member
I think it'd be great to get 30m for him but i think if Chelsea don't reach that then we will compromise becasue i believe he will definatly be sold this summer. Wenger likes to build teams with the future in mind and he can't do that with Cole as he will be gone in two years. Also we can't afford for his contract to go down as it will reduce his cost so we have to cash in on him this season when we are likely to get the best deal.

cesc18

AGooner said:
I remember a time when Cole was not that highly rated, and was getting slated for his performances for England. It's Arsène Wengers faith in him that's got him where he is today.
:cry: :cry:
counts for nothing now
we ll lose the world s best left back because he chose to behave like a ****

Revolution

Jameel46 said:
Revolution said:

how is it stupid to pay £30mil for cole? that SOB is the best LB in the world.

and benayoun is a good player but i would prefer ribery.

£30 Million is the kind of money that I would expect Man United to pay for Rio Ferdinand.

Chelsea are just abusing the transfer market and a team with losses of £150 million a year should need to think about how much money they should splash out.

Now-a-Days, teams can go up to Chelsea and ask for a higher bidding price if they want a certain player in their team.

Wenger should just ask at a maximum of £27 million for Ashley Cole, with maybe an option of more money if Ashley wins a Cup (i.e.: Premiership); something similar like Wayne Rooney's Deal.

bethie

anyone feeling sad should just pop over to anti's blog. he's got to be one of cashley's biggest fan.

1) he's not willing to go (has even indicate last season that he wanted to stay) and we really ARE feeding him to the sharks against his will.

2) that we are basically a selling club ala a pimp for selling our best English product

3) that we can now NOT complain about chelski and its money when we are asking so much from them now.

that guy is such a hoot
:lol:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
C*nti is a Chelski fan. We all know that. :wink:

Remeber his 2-week silence when Chelski were KO while we beat Real? That was a classic and hilarious proof. I just don't bother visit his crap blog since then. :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
celestis said:
regele said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Allyboy said:
RocktheCasbah said:
And if he goes on to win the Premiership trophy and gets to celebrate winning it at Highbury next May, then we're all going to want to kill the little sod.

That will never happen in a million years :wink:

Let's hope so, but I trust you've seen the fixture list?
heh, I think the keyword there was Highbury, we don't play there anymore, so Allyboy's definently right :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: old habits die hard.

:eek:ops: Oh well.... an easy mistake to make, I feel!

hujja

Established Member
Ashley Cole: The Ultimate Traitor.

Talk about screwing over the ones that supported you through your good times and bad.

I hope he fails at Chelscum, like every other players does.

We really are losing a valuable asset.

I'd put Matty back in the LB position. He was brilliant there last season. Maybe he could pull it off again this season.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Mathieu is not a left back and never will be , he is not very comfortable playing in a left back position as well. Last year he was our last resort, because we simply didn’t have anyone else to turn to who could ave filled that position.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
30m would be a ****ing good deal. plus gallas would be superb. unfortunately that isnt going to happen

Zico

Established Member
I think anything over 25 million is good. The key though is that the world is not full of good left backs. That's why there was so much hype about Lahm at the world cup even though he has defensive frailties. So we'll likely be exposed with most available options - back to the Silvinho / Gio days...

Another reason Cole needs to go for a high price is that Chelski need to learn that they cannot bully us. We have a lot of good young players who are earning 10 - 40 000. Chelski can easily woo them with large money. Selling Cole for high price will help deter them from approaching Cesc, Traore, Eboue and other bright youngsters.

goonerz49

quincy42 said:
I think anything over 25 million is good. The key though is that the world is not full of good left backs. That's why there was so much hype about Lahm at the world cup even though he has defensive frailties. So we'll likely be exposed with most available options - back to the Silvinho / Gio days...

Another reason Cole needs to go for a high price is that Chelski need to learn that they cannot bully us. We have a lot of good young players who are earning 10 - 40 000. Chelski can easily woo them with large money. Selling Cole for high price will help deter them from approaching Cesc, Traore, Eboue and other bright youngsters.

spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom