• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
i dont really give a f**k. if he stayed i wouldnt mind because he still is a class player. but if he left we could use the money to strengthen the squad.... plus the fact that he is a complete ******

el jefe

quincy42 said:
I think anything over 25 million is good. The key though is that the world is not full of good left backs. That's why there was so much hype about Lahm at the world cup even though he has defensive frailties. So we'll likely be exposed with most available options - back to the Silvinho / Gio days...
I have heard a number of people say this about him but I actually think he is a very good defender. Watching Bayern games from last season only reinforces my opinion. Not to mention the fact that he can play effectively on the left or the right.

Back to Cashley, I would be over the moon with anything over 20m. I have heard the argument that he is better than Drogba, SWP, et al. so he should cost more, but Chelsea would be crazy to give Arsène 30m to play with and I suspect they know this. I'm betting that if we can't agree a fee between 16-25m, they will turn their attention elsewhere. Imagine what Arsène could do with an extra 30m. He could buy 17 teenagers :lol:

Revolution

If the time and money is right, there no complements that we should sell him.

Cole's been a great servant to Arsenal. No questions about that. But his just turned into a Money Hog.

And it may take Arsenal at least 5-10 years to groom a quality LB like Ashley.

hujja

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Am I the only one who don't want to sell him? I still ahve respect for the player Cole.

As a player I respect him. As a person, he is a massive lying ****.

None of us ever wanted him to leave. Hell, we thought he'd be the last player to leave Arsenal if worst came to worst.

Unfortunately, that was before we realised just how pathetic a person he actually is.

We should milk this potential deal for all it's worth. And then some.

Anything less than 25 million should be deemed unacceptable. After all, those blue ****s did want him so bad that they broke the rules.

I think Arsène and the Board to savour this moment. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a fat-**** donkey.

chelsie

These rumours. I really don't know what to say to be honest. Isn't Ashley supposed to be a c****** player today? :roll: Wenger says nothing has been happening. No talks.

I reckon Arsenal are gonna wait until ash comes back There's gonna be make or break talks. Personally, I'd love him to stay and try to claw back some respect. I'd hate for him to leave us as a hate figure. If he goes, he goes.
We're Arsenal we'll survive we always do.

:) 27m + and one or 2 of their players.(chelscum)

F*ck them over like they tried to do to us.

LMAO. The time frame really doesn't add up. When was Ashley supposed to have met up and shook hands on a supposed deal with c******? During his wedding plans? During the world cup? After theCL final?

Did his agent do it?

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Revolution said:

Cole's been a great servant to Arsenal. No questions about that. But his just turned into a Money Hog.

Not really, there is already one in the making Armand Traore, Arsène been very impressed with him as well as most of gooners, and from what I’m hearing, he will be promoted to first team as a second choice LB behind Clichy who I think is a carbon copy of Cole, Clichy isn’t yet in the same level of Cole , but if he stays away from the sideline over coming years, he has every potential to surpass Cole.

From what I have seen of Armand also this preseason, he has more potential and maturity in his bag than the young 16 years old cole ever had at the time.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gael Clichy reminds me of the guy in Leftfield's video for Afrika Shox. I wouldn't be too thrilled if he was our starting left back in 3 weeks time.

Revolution

NIPOLOPO said:
Revolution said:

Not really, there is already one in the making Armand Traore, Arsène been very impressed with him as well as most of gooners, and from what I’m hearing, he will be promoted to first team as a second choice LB behind Clichy who I think is a carbon copy of Cole, Clichy isn’t yet in the same level of Cole , but if he stays away from the sideline over coming years, he has every potential to surpass Cole.

From what I have seen of Armand also this preseason, he has more potential and maturity in his bag than the young 16 years old cole ever had at the time.

I mean a Home-Grown Talent.... :D.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Revolution said:
NIPOLOPO said:
Revolution said:

I mean a Home-Grown Talent.... :D.

Ohh I see, but you know something , you could also put Armand Traore in a same bracket of home grown player in two years time. he is just 16:wink:

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Gael Clichy reminds me of the guy in Leftfield's video for Afrika Shox. I wouldn't be too thrilled if he was our starting left back in 3 weeks time.

I don't know why, but for some reason every time I see Gael play in LB position, I never feel as nerves as when I see Cole play there instead. every time I see cole , It reminds me of England v Brazil game. the one that Ronaldinho Joga Bonited him and he just stood there and watched like a mong that he is. :eek:ops:

otfgoon

Established Member
One thing I dont like about Clichy is he give way to many free kicks away in dangerous areas. Needs to get tight without fouling.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Fallen_Angel said:
And it's confirmed, Cashley is going to Chelsea. I saw it on the news today.

Don't we have any good defenders left....

confirmed! where!who!what! what what? >Link please? :shock:

JMT

i dont like him but will make chelsea even stronger. so i think we should try everything in our power to keep him... sign for another 5 years... come on cole :wink:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
erm, would have to disagree... how many times has he really cocked up for Arsenal? not that many.. Clichy is decent, but given the fact that he is hurt quite a bit, how reliable is he? and Traore is just too damn young and inexperienced to be our starter just yet for any reason other than injury to all other options...

Fallen_Angel

I saw it on ITV 1, on TV, they said Chelsea bought him for £25 million.

Yet when I go to the website, it says this:

Jose remains coy on Cole

Ashley Cole's chances of moving to Chelsea appear to have become more distant after Jose Mourinho played down talk of signing the Arsenal defender.

The Blues are in the market for a left-back following the departure of Asier del Horno to Valencia, but the Gunners insist they have yet to receive any offer for the England international.

Cole, valued at around £20million, is unlikely to remain at the Emirates Stadium after criticising the way the north Londoners dealt with the tapping-up scandal that enveloped both clubs last year.

But Mourinho claims it would be wrong for him to fuel more speculation over Cole's future and stressed that, presently, the Premiership champions have not stepped up their interest in the player.

Mourinho said: "Ashley Cole is an Arsenal player. I don't think it is correct to say something.

"Ashley Cole is a good player yes but from your (the media) point of view we are connected with every good left-back in European football.

"And I repeat that Ashley Cole is an Arsenal player," he told Sky Sports News.

The Chelsea boss went on to explain that the club have options for the left-back slot with Wayne Bridge, on loan at Fulham for the last six months of the season, is back in the fold.

He added: "We have Wayne Bridge coming back. His spirit at Fulham was very good, good for Fulham, good for Wayne and also very good for us. And he is a player who we trust

I'm arguing with my Mum about it now. I said "No, Ashley isn't moving, it says so on the website."

"But they said on the news, they bought him"

"I know, but here it says it doesn't.."

Why the hell did ITV 1 say they bought him for £25 million then!??

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
- Åñð®éw - said:
i dont like him but will make chelsea even stronger. so i think we should try everything in our power to keep him... sign for another 5 years... come on cole :wink:

Actually there is no point keeping him. goonerz adored him because he played with his heart and soul when he wore that holy red and white jersey of ours, but if that love for the club is already lost, there is no point keeping him here for another second.

CALLY8

no no no,i think that arsenal could go out and find an unknown brazillian left-back just like silvinho im sure theres alot of them type players around in brazil,you know the ones with the fantastic free-kick and hard tacklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom