• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Atmosphere at Emirates

Billytheyid

Spu*s the best team out of the current top 4?
Leicester City disagree heavily.

No doubt all supporters of the top 4 teams would see their team as the best. Not necessarily down to pride but we know our team better than the others. The title is up for grabs at the moment; in 5 games time one or more of the top 4 could have dropped away. Who knows.

Oh and I think St Totteringham's day has been cancelled this year hasn't it?

Dave

What's to "lol" there? They point was whether Spu*s are the best team of the 4 up Top, which they aren't.

I just found it funny that instead of saying Arsenal are better than Sp**s, you resorted to saying that Leicester are better. It just seemed like an amazing indication of how desperate things are for Arsenal given the recent slump. Either way, I had no idea what level of irony your statement may have been made with.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I just found it funny that instead of saying Arsenal are better than Sp**s, you resorted to saying that Leicester are better. It just seemed like an amazing indication of how desperate things are for Arsenal given the recent slump. Either way, I had no idea what level of irony your statement may have been made with.

If you look at the table you'll realize that we're level on points but behind with a worse GD. In February - who cares about stuff like that when there are still three months to go?

For me, we've underachieved this season, while they have overachieved. They're looking the more confident side at the moment and are on a decent run, while we've been patchy at best.

Leicester though have outclassed everyone so far, in the big games as well.

Dave

If you look at the table you'll realize that we're level on points but behind with a worse GD. In February - who cares about stuff like that when there are still three months to go?

For me, we've underachieved this season, while they have overachieved. They're looking the more confident side at the moment and are on a decent run, while we've been patchy at best.

Leicester though have outclassed everyone so far, in the big games as well.

Whatever, any opinion is fine with me as long as it is backed up with objective reasoning.

Of course Leicester have looked brilliant but there is no doubt that it is rather ironically amusing for an Arsenal supporter to use Leicester to deny a Sp**s fan's claim that they are the best team.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Last time I checked, every team has to play the same amount of games until the end of the season. We all know how it goes, points are dropped and won equally quickly, especially this season.

Last edited:

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
@Billytheyid Just consider this: Your best bet for a trophy this year and Mathieu Flamini ended it.

When it comes to it, y'all just can't commit to winning.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Of course Leicester have looked brilliant but there is no doubt that it is rather ironically amusing for an Arsenal supporter to use Leicester to deny a Sp**s fan's claim that they are the best team.

Oh it sure is, a testament to our **** November and January performances.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Oh boy, the pitiful Sp*rs support still gazing upwards.

Talking big when you're level on points in February, only to vanish along with your squad by May.

Sweggeh

The crowd need to be completely up for it this weekend. Biggest game we have had for quite some time. A win is absolutely imperative, anything else and it is pretty much curtains. The fans need to turn up just like the players.

Wish I was going.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The crowd at Bournemouth was typically brilliant from our away fans. I reckon it'll be reasonably good on Sunday, could fade though if we don't score early and it'll be the typical angst around the Emirates until we do.

say yes

forum master baiter
Could we just change this into a general Emirates thread? So can encompass home form as well as atmosphere as our home form is going to be absolutely crucial to this run in.

Arsenal home win % at Emirates 64% since 2006

Champions home win %
14/15 79%
13/14 89%
12/13 84%
11/12 95%
10/11 95%
09/10 89%
08/09 84%

Currently we're on 58% with 7 home games remaining.. If we win all 7 we'd have that up to 74%.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Honestly that could be enough. We absolutely have to do a job on Sp**s though. Even if we don't win against Leicester, that much is a must.

TheSage

Atmosphere and results at the Emirates are our biggest weakness ... fortress Highbury it is not ... but you get three points for a win home or away, in the stats it makes no feckin' difference, an away win at the Spuds will do me just fine .... but a home win on Sunday is a must ...

How to fix the atmosphere? probably can't be done without a standing terrace ... so let's hope that happens sometime soon ....

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom