• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Pavard

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Beacuse if he explodes this year, money clubs will offer twice the contract we can.
I wasnt alking about us getting him, but in general. if his release clause is 35 mil next summer; aint nobody offering what Stuttgart hopes for this summer.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I wasnt alking about us getting him, but in general. if his release clause is 35 mil next summer; aint nobody offering what Stuttgart hopes for this summer.

That's what I am thinking. Reschke is trying to price him out of the market of this summer saying VfB want more than 50m trying to keep him one more season.

Newest record on Reschke is that he said the club knows they will lose money if he stays but they're alright with it which sort of confirms a release clause for next year. Pavard has also come out saying he won't force a transfer and that he's told Stuttgart about 3 or 4 clubs he wants to be informed about if they make bids. Combined with his public laudatio on Hannes Wolf and Stuttgart in an after WC game interview, I am starting to think he will stay another season and leave in 2019 for 35m.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Can't see us going for another CB now, certainly not a big deal like this anyway. There's only a month or so left of the window too. We've signed Sokratis, renewed Holding and Chambers, and I haven't seen anything linking Mustafi with an exit. Things could change obviously, but it looks like we're focusing on Torreira and then maybe a winger if the opportunity arises. We're not rebuilding the squad all at once.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can't see us going for another CB now, certainly not a big deal like this anyway. There's only a month or so left of the window too. We've signed Sokratis, renewed Holding and Chambers, and I haven't seen anything linking Mustafi with an exit. Things could change obviously, but it looks like we're focusing on Torreira and then maybe a winger if the opportunity arises. We're not rebuilding the squad all at once.
Didn't even know he was a CB. played like a beast on the wing/fullback.

Think he'd be a shrewd signing. Can play a few positions and is very young.

Toby

German Media is reporting, that Bayern will get him 2019.

That's nonsense I think. Why would we work on a 2019 move now? Either a club pays up the fee we want this summer or he goes anywhere on his RC next summer. There's no advantage in agreeing to sell him in 2019 now cause at that point he will leave anyway.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
That's nonsense I think. Why would we work on a 2019 move now? Either a club pays up the fee we want this summer or he goes anywhere on his RC next summer. There's no advantage in agreeing to sell him in 2019 now cause at that point he will leave anyway.
It's Bayern. See Goretzka, Gnabry, and on and on.

senna

Dont think we will get him/not sure if we are after him, but it could be like a naby keita situation where you agree to pay more than the RC to beat off other clubs (oil clubs) but get him a year later. Stuttgart are happy as they keep him for a year and get a higher fee. We get tiem to offload Mustafi and he has another year of experience playing regular 1st team football.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Similar to what Leipzig did with Keita no? The player has his heart set on a paricular club, so they agree a deal now. Although the part of that I wouldn't get is if they let him go for the agreed release. surely they get a premium on top for letting them agree the deal an year in advance.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

It's not really nonsense.
Look at this article and read the Reschke quotes.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...uf-fuer-fuenfzig-millionen-56181462.bild.html

Reschke zu BILD: „Das Thema Pavard hat seit Samstag noch mehr Tempo aufgenommen. Es gibt Interesse und Anfragen von Top-Klubs in Europa. Aber wir würden Benji in diesem Sommer nicht für 50 Mio. Euro verkaufen. Wir wollen ihn behalten."

Nochmal Reschke: "Wir sind daran interessiert, frühzeitig mit einem der interessierten Klubs eine Lösung für den 1. Juli 2019 zu finden. Entscheidend ist dabei, dass Benji das auch möchte."

So the rumour is really fitting into the Reschke quotes, that woud already agree a deal for 2019. It's similar to the Keita-Deal from Leizpig to Liverpool.

Stuttgart don't want to sell him this year, Stuttgart and Pavard will have safety for next year and Reschke can already plan with the money. Looks like Badstuber will not sign a new Stuttgart contract, so they would lose both CBs in one summer, if Reschke would agree a deal for this summer.

In addtition there is no guarantee, that someone will pay 50€m this summer. Maybe Bayern will pay around 5€M more to save this deal.

Imagine Stuttgart will have a bad next season or Pavard will have one - maybe they wouldn't get the same money. An injury can happen every time too (hopefully not).

Sadly it's Bayern, but they will have the Hummels-Boateng replacement with Süle and Pavard already.

Toby

It's not really nonsense.
Look at this article and read the Reschke quotes.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...uf-fuer-fuenfzig-millionen-56181462.bild.html

So the rumour is really fitting into the Reschke quotes, that woud already agree a deal for 2019. It's similar to the Keita-Deal from Leizpig to Liverpool.

Stuttgart don't want to sell him this year, Stuttgart and Pavard will have safety for next year and Reschke can already plan with the money. Looks like Badstuber will not sign a new Stuttgart contract, so they would lose both CBs in one summer, if Reschke would agree a deal for this summer.

In addtition there is no guarantee, that someone will pay 50€m this summer. Maybe Bayern will pay around 5€M more to save this deal.

Imagine Stuttgart will have a bad next season or Pavard will have one - maybe they wouldn't get the same money. An injury can happen every time too (hopefully not).

Sadly it's Bayern, but they will have the Hummels-Boateng replacement with Süle and Pavard already.
I meant it's nonsense in the way I dont get it. Keita didn't have a clause so it made sense to negotiate early. Pavard could go anywhere next summer with the clause, why tie it all down a year early?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I meant it's nonsense in the way I dont get it. Keita didn't have a clause so it made sense to negotiate early. Pavard could go anywhere next summer with the clause, why tie it all down a year early?

Keita had a release clause for 2018, Liverpool wanted him 2017 and there he haven't one. He had a release clause for 52€M in 2018, but Liverpool paid 18€M more.

So it's nearly the same situation like now with Pavard.
Pavard has an early safety, that he will play for a big club next season. Imagine a not so good season and he wouldn't get an offer like this.

Toby

Keita had a release clause for 2018, Liverpool wanted him 2017 and there he haven't one. He had a release clause for 52€M in 2018, but Liverpool paid 18€M more.

Pavard has an early safety, that he will play for a big club next season. Imagine a not so good season and he wouldn't get an offer like this.
If Bayern dont pay more to secure the early signing it's a big favour to them.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

pedantic, but I seem to recall the clause was 48€M for Keita, and they had a sliding scale of what the fee would be dependant on how well RBL did, and because they got to Europa rather than CL, they paid about 58€M in the end.

I would think maybe that can happen now as you say, with Pavard that they agree the release clause and either pay an agreed fee on top of it, or do what Leipzig did and have different fees depending on how well they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom