• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Pavard

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
it's a bit silly but I thought I'd post it. Looked at some forums and stuff, but there's nothing concrete right now, albeit Arsenal being linked to him heavily.

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bund...hef-michael-reschke-ueber-baumgartl-und-gomez

In this interview DoF Reschke said that as things stand, there's no negotiations or bids and it's been agreed with Pavard that he'd stay for another season.
Do you think he'll fall out of our price range if he stayed there another season?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Do you think he'll fall out of our price range if he stayed there another season?

If he has another season like this and gets even better, he will. If Arsenal want him, this is the time. But that could already happen if he takes the RB spot from Sidibe during the WC and performs like he did in France's last two friendlies.

Problem is, he said him and his agent waill wait til after the World Cup to make a decision.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If he has another season like this and gets even better, he will. If Arsenal want him, this is the time. But that could already happen if he takes the RB spot from Sidibe during the WC and performs like he did in France's last two friendlies.

Problem is, he said him and his agent waill wait til after the World Cup to make a decision.
Is he better as a center back?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Pavard’s not worth 50m btw.
Who else do you buy for that price? Noone who is better. De Ligt for a bit more but he would be making a very big jump in league quality. He's hot property but undeniably risky.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He's one of the top 3 CB talents right now and 50m is a going rate for these.

In his age you have defenders like:
Sanchez, Christensen, Süle, Lucas Hernandez (LB&CB), de Ligt, Lenglet, Upamecano, Kimpembe.

So i wouldn't say he is clearly a "Top 3 talent" on his position. The only difference is, that nearly all of them are already playing for a big club and Pavard not. Despite De Ligt maybe, but he is much younger too. So there is a chance to get Pavard but none of the others. That's why he is so interesting for us.

Nearly all of them proved their quality international. Pavard only played one very good season in (a poor) Bundesliga season.

He surely has world class potential and that's why he is worth about 40€m-50€m, but 60€m would be over the top already.
There are only a few defenders, which have cost more than 50€m (4x City, 1x Liverpool).

Toby

In his age you have defenders like:
Sanchez, Christensen, Süle, Lucas Hernandez (LB&CB), de Ligt, Lenglet, Upamecano, Kimpembe.

So i wouldn't say he is clearly a "Top 3 talent" on his position. The only difference is, that nearly all of them are already playing for a big club and Pavard not. Despite De Ligt maybe, but he is much younger too. So there is a chance to get Pavard but none of the others. That's why he is so interesting for us.

Nearly all of them proved their quality international. Pavard only played one very good season in (a poor) Bundesliga season.

He surely has world class potential and that's why he is worth about 40€m-50€m, but 60€m would be over the top already.
There are only a few defenders, which have cost more than 50€m (4x City, 1x Liverpool).

I think he's better than at least Süle and Sanchez on that list, 100% better than Upamecano and on par with the rest.

I agree on the fee though. 60 would be too much.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Who else do you buy for that price? Noone who is better. De Ligt for a bit more but he would be making a very big jump in league quality. He's hot property but undeniably risky.

Personally I don't even rate Pavard as a top3 CB talent like @Toby Andrl but I can understad his stance as he's playing for his hometown club.

He had one good season for a club who just got promoted. One season of first divison under his belt for a club with a very defensive minded mentality, which is only natural for newly promoted clubs. In that regard you have to ask yourself how much were his performances down to the system he plays in? If he can replicate his form next year we can talk about world class potential and price tags of 50m+.

Toby

https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten...ach.26069dfd-04de-426d-968f-2d6efa20cd69.html

VfB Stuttgart Manager Reschke: "We won't sell Pavard for 50 Mio €."

Looks like his performances for France might put him out of our reach.

Think Stuttgart will definitely sell him, that's basically every fan's stance right now - his profile and performance are just too high/good for us to keep him. The goal just added another 5 to 10m on the price tag. Think it'll be 50 to 60m and he won't move until after the WC.

This smells of Bayern or City. Can't rule out the other big guns like PSG, Barca andReal, though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think Stuttgart will definitely sell him, that's basically every fan's stance right now - his profile and performance are just too high/good for us to keep him. The goal just added another 5 to 10m on the price tag. Think it'll be 50 to 60m and he won't move until after the WC.

This smells of Bayern or City. Can't rule out the other big guns like PSG, Barca andReal, though.

Bayern would make sense now it seems Boateng is going down the toilet.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Can see PSG getting him. Thiago Silva is getting on a bit and he'd make a wonderful partner for Marquinhos.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Hopefully it will not be Arsenal for this price.

He has a fantastic talent, great potential - but around €60m for Pavard. Really not.

Hopefully it will be not Bayern or United.

Dynamic

He is so solid, so technical, well composed. If you think he goes for 50m, you are all wrong. He goes for at least Laporte-esque price.

Kakao

No idea what you all taking about, besides that goal against Argentina he was utter **** this world cup, provided nothing for the team, pure statistical player.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So does that mean Nachos wage will increase also? Only way his price tag goes up is if he manages to put Neymar in his pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom