• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

TvtCcC.gif

It's been a disappointing night all round but atleast the bantz is still alive on AM.

Gooner1988TK

I still don't think it was as obvious at the time, but firmly in the "we let the wrong one go" camp.
Lmao you have to be joking. Leno belongs in the same category as Koscielny and Djourou. You know every game they are/were all bound to mess up at least once and lose their concentration to give the opposition a golden opportunity. He’s just a liability and very error prone which was already well documented before he even signed for us.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Lmao you have to be joking. Leno belongs in the same category as Koscielny and Djourou. You know every game they are/were all bound to mess up at least once and lose their concentration to give the opposition a golden opportunity. He’s just a liability and very error prone which was already well documented before he even signed for us.
Don't think many were under the impression Leno was a world class or even an elite GK. Easy to forget that Martinez was here for +/-8 years, constantly being sent out on loan and often times struggling to establish himself as a #1 at League 1 and Championship sides. When he got his chance, his performances for us were excellent, but lets not pretend his sample size for the first team was enough for anyone to be dead certain it wasn't just a purple patch.

All I'm saying was that there was a debate to be had at the end of last season. Now, not so much...

Gooner1988TK

Don't think many were under the impression Leno was a world class or even an elite GK. Easy to forget that Martinez was here for +/-8 years, constantly being sent out on loan and often times struggling to establish himself as a #1 at League 1 and Championship sides. When he got his chance, his performances for us were excellent, but lets not pretend his sample size for the first team was enough for anyone to be dead certain it wasn't just a purple patch.

All I'm saying was that there was a debate to be had at the end of last season. Now, not so much...
Agreed! Well said.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Now our decision to let Emi go and go with Leno seems like a mistake, but when Emi came in, after Leno was injured, a ton of AM posters said he was absolute rubbish. I didn't even know he was in the club myself! Not sure anyone could have predicted this turn of events with any certainty.

Regardless, today was a proper **** show on the goal. He will not be sleeping well tonight. Hope he recovers until the EL came. We need him to play better for sure.

blaze_of_glory

Based on his play last season, keeping him was the right choice. He put in the best season an Arsenal GK has had since Lehman.

Obviously he's had some very poor displays this year though so it looks bad in hindsight.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Based on his play last season, keeping him was the right choice. He put in the best season an Arsenal GK has had since Lehman.

Obviously he's had some very poor displays this year though so it looks bad in hindsight.
Let's take a moment to think about who has been in goal since Lehman and ask if being the best of that lot, headlined by an ancient Petr Cech who may well have still been on the Chelsea payroll is really an achievement that merits talking about.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We could have sold Maitland-Niles, Willock, Bellerin, etc. Kroenke does us no favors whatsoever but the management of the money that is made available is absolutely shambolic.

Agreed, however I’m glad we kept Willock- I think there’s something there.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Agreed, however I’m glad we kept Willock- I think there’s something there.
He's done well at Newcastle to be sure. I would rather see him getting an opportunity versus someone like Ceballos. I get the sense he may be sold. Newcastle seem keen to keep him and Arteta prefers pensioners with nowhere to go but down.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Anyone who has followed Martinez at Villa knows that he is just as bad as Leno in making cheap errors, if not worse. The key difference is that Martinez is much better at playing the ball out than Leno, and missing that goalkeeper to play out from the back has been something that's killing Arteta's football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom