• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yup.

Auba's public execution and helping Oil-castle stay up and surpass us sooner, is what will make me Arteta (and Edu too, I guess) Out.

Never cared for Harry the wizard, but Graham is the manager for me!

#SummerOfPotter

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Americans don't watch MLS - it's hard to judge talent in our tinpot league.

How come Southern Americans are so good at football whilst the North of America is completely different.

The European influence should be the same on both, South and North, I believe.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He travel with squad to Dubai doesn't mean much specially Newcastle are having training camp in Saudi.

But the Newcastle links gone cold not sure they even interested

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How come Southern Americans are so good at football whilst the North of America is completely different.

Because the USA have their own sports. When you pair it with their capitalist culture and own way of doing things it has made them quite tunnel visioned towards their own sports.

Tom349

Not sure why we don't send him to Newcastle on loan with obligation should they stay up and ask for one their many back up keepers on loan in return. Likelihood is Ramsdale plays every game for the season so we wouldn't need a back up but in emergency case we could call on whoever they sent our way.

This way we save probably 60k in wages if not more and also sort out Lenos future in Summer pending Newcastle staying up, which even if they don't he would be playing and in their team likely seeing his value go up.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

It's not part of US culture. Kids grow up throwing am American footba, playing catch with a baseball etc.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Likelihood is Ramsdale plays every game for the season so we wouldn't need a back up but in emergency case we could call on whoever they sent our way.
"Likelyhood" when top 4 is at stake. Yeah, let's "call on whoever they sent our way" if Ramsdale gets injured. :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It's not part of US culture. Kids grow up throwing am American footba, playing catch with a baseball etc.
Soccer is our most popular sport for kids under 10 years old. Baseball is dying. My son's baseball league barely has enough kids to field teams and the league has to get creative to get enough teams to even run a full season these days. But you're right in that for whatever reason if kids are athletic in the US they will stop playing soccer eventually for another sport. We're super isolated here so it makes sense to stay home to be a millionaire than try your chances at playing in Europe to do so.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Soccer is our most popular sport for kids under 10 years old. Baseball is dying. My son's baseball league barely has enough kids to field teams and the league has to get creative to get enough teams to even run a full season these days. But you're right in that for whatever reason if kids are athletic in the US they will stop playing soccer eventually for another sport. We're super isolated here so it makes sense to stay home to be a millionaire than try your chances at playing in Europe to do so.
Suppose I should have said historically and it takes generations for a sport to become ingrained and ubiquitous

Interesting it's most popular with little kids now.

Tom349

"Likelyhood" when top 4 is at stake. Yeah, let's "call on whoever they sent our way" if Ramsdale gets injured. :lol:

Literally the least important position in the team is a back up GK. A risk I'm more than willing to take to get a favourable deal, of which we can use their desperation to avoid relegation to extract extra from them and in the process get Lenos wages off the books. They also have competent back up GK options so it's not the same as having Runnarson as our back up.

Come May we won't be talking about our back up GK being the difference between top four.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's too good to be a reserve keeper. I can understand if he wants to move to play regularly.

Surprised if no premier league club is in for him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He's too good to be a reserve keeper. I can understand if he wants to move to play regularly.

Surprised if no premier league club is in for him.
Definitely too good for a bench option. I like the guy, he's definitely done a job for us.
Bought him for €25m, would be nice if we could get ~€15m for him.
Would be interesting for Newcastle, perhaps? He's better than Dubravka I think.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Definitely too good for a bench option. I like the guy, he's definitely done a job for us.
Bought him for €25m, would be nice if we could get ~€15m for him.
Would be interesting for Newcastle, perhaps? He's better than Dubravka I think.
Be a good signing for Newcastle definitely.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Benfica sell players for all that high price with release clause too but find it complicated to buy player for 10M lol.

where their money go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom