• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Tbf that swing and miss from Leno in that gif got a horrible bobble right before impact.
....:bounce:

Reminds me of a similar scenario with Gary Neville and Paul Robinson for England

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not bad deal only 45M spent on Torreira Leno and Sokratis with few sales we'll be able to add more players in. Very good stuff from Sven and Raul

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is there a reason Trapp got chosen over him? Don’t know much about Leno but I wouldn’t be too pleased if we were signing Trapp, so that’s a bit concerning.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is there a reason Trapp got chosen over him? Don’t know much about Leno but I wouldn’t be too pleased if we were signing Trapp, so that’s a bit concerning.
Either way both of them not going to start over Neuer ;) even ter Stegen

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Leno and Ter Stegen don't get along. Third choice goalie is never gonna play so may as well bring someone that isn't gonna disrupt the team or cause negativity. That's what i read anyway.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can’t believe we handed out numbers like 1 and 4 before doing our transfer dealings. Shambolic.

I personally wouldn't give such prestigious numbers to new players. If Leno comes in and instantly takes the number 1 jersey it instantly lulls him into a false sense of security. Make him work for the number 1 and possibly get it next summer if he's performed well enough.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A M O R T I Z A T I O N U P D A T E

Transfer Costs (Durations estimated, values rounded to .5m)
Lichtensteiner = 0
Papa Sok = 16m/3 years - 5.5m
Torreira = 26m/5 years = 5m
Bernd Leno = 22m//5 years = 4.5m

Total Transfer Costs = 15m

Wage Costs (many estimated, values rounded to .5m)
Ramsey Wage Increase ~ 85k = 4.5m
Xhaka Wage Increase ~ 30k = 1.5m
El Neny Wage Increase ~20k = 1m
Lichtsteiner ~ 100k = 5m
Papa Sok ~ 135k = 7m
Torreira ~ 135k = 7m
Bernd Leno ~ 120k = 6m

Total Wage Costs = 32m

Estimated budget spent = 47m

Remaining Budget = 3m

There is a caveat here that is as follows:
No epl club can exceed their previous years wage bill by more than 7m (135k/week). We reduced our wage budget through 2017/18 by about 8m through various transfers and retirements at the end of the season (mertesacker, cazorla, campbell, perez). This means that we have to trim another 17m (320k) in wages by letting players go even though we are still under budget.

On the chopping block:
Wilshere 90k
Ospina 40k
Cech 100k
Mustafi 90k
Welbeck 70k

Some of these wont' go, it's just hard to add up the numbers and get 300k in a way that makes sense while keeping our top earners and extending Ramsey.

If you're calculating it like this, then surely you have to factor in the payments we will be making this year for Laca & Auba? Those payments must figure somewhere in our expenditure.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Can’t believe we handed out numbers like 1 and 4 before doing our transfer dealings. Shambolic.

What's the difference? It's just a number. This isn't the 1960s when players wore whatever number corresponded to their position that day (and there weren't any substitutions anyway). I don't care if they wear No. 127.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It was done when everyone that would say no had left the training ground either sacked, released, retired or on holiday. :mad:

Good chance Cech would have got it but in no world Elneny gets one of Arsenals most iconic numbers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you're calculating it like this, then surely you have to factor in the payments we will be making this year for Laca & Auba? Those payments must figure somewhere in our expenditure.

Quite a poor way of calculating things. I mean to start with Torreira deal is over 3 years not 5 years.

Calculations and budget aren't important, we're linked with Banega, Soyuncu and a winger after Leno/Torreira/Sokratis are done.

We would cut our business off after Sokratis if money had run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom