• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Quite a poor way of calculating things. I mean to start with Torreira deal is over 3 years not 5 years.

Calculations and budget aren't important, we're linked with Banega, Soyuncu and a winger after Leno/Torreira/Sokratis are done.

We would cut our business off after Sokratis if money had run out.

Yes it is. Re money running out, I guess we still have players who will hopefully be sold or move on thus saving wages.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
These calculation are impossible as we have no idea of true budget or intent. Have to remember we have fat CL contracts & no longer have CL money coming in. No guarantee of it going forward either & realistically not.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The only thing keeping me somewhat happy is that in another world he could have been plucked from Germany during his hyped years and could have easily kicked on elsewhere.

On the surface though, signing a guy who plays for a europa league team and doesn’t even make his national team isn’t encouraging. Not the type you think will take us where we want to be...but that’s just the surface.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes it is. Re money running out, I guess we still have players who will hopefully be sold or move on thus saving wages.

Yeah 100%. I mean Cech/Ospina, Wilshere, Lucas Perez, Joel Campbell, Akpom, Jenkinson and Holding are all likely to move on. They're average names on paper but would still recoup around £25M and £300k a week in wages.

If for once the media are right about the £70M budget then we'd have £50M left to sign Banega a young CB and a winger. Maybe beef it up a bit with another sale but we're being so astute. I love it!

Malky

Established Member
Fantastic stuff.
Signing a young but experienced, German international keeper with huge potential to develop further. Hopefully a change of club and coaching will bring out the best in him.
I'm excited about this signing, a new keeper was a priority and we've got it done before the end of June.
**** the haters.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The only thing keeping me somewhat happy is that in another world he could have been plucked from Germany during his hyped years and could have easily kicked on elsewhere.

On the surface though, signing a guy who plays for a europa league team and doesn’t even make his national team isn’t encouraging. Not the type you think will take us where we want to be...but that’s just the surface.
Given what we have spent and what we need to get still what would you have gone for?

I think it is a fantastic signing. 26 is still young for a keeper.

Malky

Established Member
He's left out of the national side because of personal issues with Ter Stegan, nothing to do with talent.
Atletico were a Europa league side last season and everyone wanted Oblak here.
Before Oblak signed his new contract Atletico were lining up Leno as Oblaks replacement if a team triggered the release clause.
Napoli were also trying to sign him. Yet there is fans on here that don't think he's an upgrade on Cech or Ospina?
Leno was a very highly rated youngster a few years ago who has stagnated in his development (similar to Szczesny here) so hopefully a new club and coaching will have the same effect on Leno and get the best out of him, and if it does - we've got an excellent keeper for £19M!

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He's left out of the national side because of personal issues with Ter Stegan, nothing to do with talent.
Atletico were a Europa league side last season and everyone wanted Oblak here.
Before Oblak signed his new contract Atletico were lining up Leno as Oblaks replacement if a team triggered the release clause.
Napoli were also trying to sign him. Yet there is fans on here that don't think he's an upgrade on Cech or Ospina?
Leno was a very highly rated youngster a few years ago who has stagnated in his development (similar to Szczesny here) so hopefully a new club and coaching will have the same effect on Leno and get the best out of him, and if it does - we've got an excellent keeper for £19M!

Too many trolls out here and the sad part is they are constantly spouting this bullshit agenda driven posting and the Mods keep on ignoring it.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

That's lazy analysis, Trills.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Something tells me this could possibly be of interest to some of you.

186f9124b2d3acfa8f6a1e8dc0be52f7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom