• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brooke Norton-Cuffy

DuBB

Bumping this for now because I watched him for the England u21s play as an inverted RB and he was very good. Has had a quietly good season for Millwall in the Championship.

I've tried to catch his games while he's been on loan for the past 2 seasons, but the styles of his team's make it so hard to judge him as a player. That Championship Playoff Final was a rough watch all around, not just for him.

It's just a lot of running into blind alleys, fighting for possession and tracking back.

The only thing I'm sure of is that he's pretty much physically ready for Premier League football.

What are you seeing or what have you seen in this recent performance and this season? I trust your takes.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bumping this for now because I watched him for the England u21s play as an inverted RB and he was very good. Has had a quietly good season for Millwall in the Championship.
Would you say him or Walters got the best chance to make it here?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I've tried to catch his games while he's been on loan for the past 2 seasons, but the styles of his team's make it so hard to judge him as a player. That Championship Playoff Final was a rough watch all around, not just for him.

It's just a lot of running into blind alleys, fighting for possession and tracking back.

The only thing I'm sure of is that he's pretty much physically ready for Premier League football.

What are you seeing or what have you seen in this recent performance and this season? I trust your takes.
Much better in possession, adding to his usual swashbuckling style currently as an attacking full back. Think his positioning at this level could do with some work but 1v1 he's rarely beaten.
I still don't see him making it here currently, simply because I don't think he will have the opportunity. Hasn't had one so far.

Would you say him or Walters got the best chance to make it here?
Walters IMO. More versatile, more comfortable passing and doesn't lack in the physical department either. I don't think much separates them though and I'd try to keep both of them around as squad players if they progress to their full potential. As it stands, I think both will find it difficult.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If Arteta is as good of a coach as people in here claims he would take this guy and make him a great player. He has the size, pace and stamina to go up and down the wing

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If Arteta is as good of a coach as people in here claims he would take this guy and make him a great player. He has the size, pace and stamina to go up and down the wing

Lets keep our eyes on BNC then.

But just to understand what you are implying here. You dont think Arteta is a good coach?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Time will tell. Can he develop our academy talents

I'm not asking you that.

I'm asking you whether you think Mikel is a good coach now? And the reason I ask you is because it will half answer your BNC question as well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seems to be doing well at Milwall. They are not having a good season but BNC is a regular and doing well. Scored today.
His ball-carrying is fantastic. Just needs to clean up those odd loose touches and be a bit more secure with his passing. He has good ideas but sometimes overambitious. Have the feeling in a more technical team he'll do well aswell but he's been good for Millwall and playing slightly more advanced.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Have the feeling in a more technical team he'll do well aswell but he's been good for Millwall and playing slightly more advanced.
It's a bit hard to see him play in Arteta's tactics though. Looks like Millwall plays with 3 ATB, and BNC is a wingback. So not sure if he is a good fit for the RB role for Arsenal. And can't see him being good enough for the RW role for Arsenal either.

Luckily he signed a new long-term contract for Arsenal in summer 2022. So I assume he will fetch a nice fee for Arsenal and make a good career elsewhere. I see it a bit similarly as Tavares on the other side. These seem like more attacking players, while Arteta wants the more inverted types who are fullbacks and know how to play in the middle too.

Unless I'm missing something.

His ball-carrying is fantastic. Just needs to clean up those odd loose touches and be a bit more secure with his passing. He has good ideas but sometimes overambitious. Have the feeling in a more technical team he'll do well aswell but he's been good for Millwall and playing slightly more advanced.

Is his defensive game still strong like it was at youth level?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a bit hard to see him play in Arteta's tactics though. Looks like Millwall plays with 3 ATB, and BNC is a wingback. So not sure if he is a good fit for the RB role for Arsenal. And can't see him being good enough for the RW role for Arsenal either.

Luckily he signed a new long-term contract for Arsenal in summer 2022. So I assume he will fetch a nice fee for Arsenal and make a good career elsewhere. I see it a bit similarly as Tavares on the other side. These seem like more attacking players, while Arteta wants the more inverted types who are fullbacks and know how to play in the middle too.

Unless I'm missing something.
He has actually been playing on the wing in a 442 and has come inside on quite a few occasions so the capability is there. That said, I do think he'll be a nice flip.

Is his defensive game still strong like it was at youth level?
He still wins a lot of duels but his positioning and tracking runners could be better.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom