• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brooke Norton-Cuffy

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I hope he brings through his own academy products but winning the PL this season is vital. We must do what we can and sell better. If we have an abundance of talent in one position and the academy product is the best, then that guy will stay and play.
I agree. But people will say we have the youngest team and Arteta improve young players. Hutchinson for Marquinhos is perfect example. Really not needed.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Being a bit typecast at the minute. Quick and a decent dribbler so must be a winger. Very annoying. As **** as Rotherham were, at least he was defending there.
I saw many praising BNC in Rotherham's thread, but many said he is not a wing-back, but a winger. Rotherham fans didn't seem to think he is a RB.

The club loaned him to a club where he is now a winger. That might be the way forward. It's always good to have defensive abilities as a winger, but we'll see if he has the end-product.

StefanB

We already know he can defend. He has some attacking qualities, but is very raw in that aspect. He needs to be able go attack to succeed at Arsenal. He will mostly be attacking.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Read through parts of the match thread on a Coventry forum. Seems our boy played well, in what sounds like a rather unsavoury match, bottles being thrown etc etc

Coventry fans singing "Burnley is a ****hole" during the minute's silence for fans departed probably didn't help...

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I saw many praising BNC in Rotherham's thread, but many said he is not a wing-back, but a winger. Rotherham fans didn't seem to think he is a RB.

The club loaned him to a club where he is now a winger. That might be the way forward. It's always good to have defensive abilities as a winger, but we'll see if he has the end-product.
Don't think he has what it takes to make it as a winger for Arsenal. He can develop into a devastating fullback, he needs to work on his touch, passing and defensive positioning.

drippin

Don't think he has what it takes to make it as a winger for Arsenal. He can develop into a devastating fullback, he needs to work on his touch, passing and defensive positioning.
Why did they loan him to a club that plays him as a winger, from a club that played him as a wingback? As far as I understand the situation.

Geofranco

Why did they loan him to a club that plays him as a winger, from a club that played him as a wingback? As far as I understand the situation.
Don't know what their plans are for him, but from what I have seen of him, he doesn't have the guile necessary to make it as a winger in a top club. Maybe they want him to improve his ability in tight spaces. But I believe his touch and link up are things that need to improve drastically for him to have a chance. He has all the physical attributes required, that's what makes him an interesting prospect. Kinda like Tavares.

drippin

Don't know what their plans are for him, but from what I have seen of him, he doesn't have the guile necessary to make it as a winger in a top club. Maybe they want him to improve his ability in tight spaces. But I believe his touch and link up are things that need to improve drastically for him to have a chance. He has all the physical attributes required, that's what makes him an interesting prospect. Kinda like Tavares.
Yeah, I'm just wondering about this loan. If they play BNC as a winger in his first game, wtf is going on? Arsenal should know what position they plan to use him in.

With these Fresneda rumours, I wonder if they plan to loan BNC for 1,5 years still and see how he develops. If his defending isn't good enough, he won't make it at Arsenal either as inverted RB. How suited is he to inverted the RB role? White/Zinchenko style?

Geofranco

Yeah, I'm just wondering about this loan. If they play BNC as a winger in his first game, wtf is going on? Arsenal should know what position they plan to use him in.

With these Fresneda rumours, I wonder if they plan to loan BNC for 1,5 years still and see how he develops. If his defending isn't good enough, he won't make it at Arsenal either as inverted RB. How suited is he to inverted the RB role? White/Zinchenko style?
I don't think he can play that White role at his current level. Not technical enough. No chance in hell of playing the Zinchenko role, dude basically plays as an extra midfielder.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Having a tough Championship campaign this season but think there's more than enough to work with. Just needs a bit more time to cook. Think it will be tough going as I think he's too loose a passer of the ball for Arteta.
Perhaps a bit unfortunate that he's played for two clubs?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Perhaps a bit unfortunate that he's played for two clubs?
More that he's played for 2 clubs that he doesn't gel with. At Lincoln he has Appleton as his manager who was good with him as well as with Patino when he managed Blackpool.

Rotherham were/are a poor team so he had to do more defending which honestly I think should have suited him better but he's being used in increasingly more attacking roles and I'm not sure why because he was always very solid as a defender so it's weird. At Coventry, he just seems a bit out of sync with the team and slightly jittery. Also again, basically playing as a very attacking wingback and not doing as much defending.

I think we need to be diligent with his next loan. He's getting decent game time in a tough league but his progress has been slightly stunted this year.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Need to send him to France.

All our loan players do well there. Tavares, Balogun, and Saliba.

French league is a better league to transition to Premier League - as play with athletic style.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Finishing the season strong and will play vs Boro in the playoff semi. Encouraging that he's seemingly got to grips with the higher level.
I must admit he's gone a bit under the radar for me. My eyes have mostly been on Patino.

You think he could end up in Ligue 1 next season?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I must admit he's gone a bit under the radar for me. My eyes have mostly been on Patino.

You think he could end up in Ligue 1 next season?
Maybe, depends on this next game for me - and the final if Coventry make it. Think it'll probably be another Championship loan if anything but I could see him making a Ligue 1 loan work. He's very physical and hard working, just feel like he needs a set role in a team rather than the chaos wing back a la Tavares.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Arteta has picked Walters as the talent he wants to work with for the RB role. So Norton-Cuffy has to prove him self on loan next season.
Walters is definitely more of an Arteta player. Especially since his little growth spurt, he's turned into a very solid all-round modern defender and makes a fair amount of good decisions for his age. Can play all across the backline with ease.

Norton-Cuffy is a bit more straightforward as a player. Physical, lots of hustle, bit of a juggernaut - hard to stop once he gets going. His passing so far is brutal though, for an Arsenal prospect. I did expect better considering some of the clever passes he had played on his Lincoln loan but feels a bit like a Joe Willock situation - needs more time to get comfy on the ball at this level before he starts getting better. His dribbling is good and he wins most of his duels but Walters is the cleverer defender.

Will be interesting to see how Norton-Cuffy fares next season and what it might mean for him.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom