• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Mod Edit: how many times do we need to warn you? Cut out trolling, this is your final chance

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I hear Colombians can get a bit narky when a player doesn't do quite what the nation would have liked...
Yeah I keep hearing "oh English fans are the worst" etc. Not excusing the inexcusable) behavior, but that's patently untrue. Italy + Spain are probably ruder, vis-à-vis CL-challenging leagues, on the whole. Eastern Europe and South / Central America are different (see: worse) planets entirely.

Our twitter trolls just post **** in a language 50%+ of the world understands.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Only in England people care so much about a penalty miss.
People have actually been murdered in Colombia over penalty misses. When Baggio missed in 1994 the Italian angels who everyone was rooting for yesterday vandalized his house and sent him death threats for weeks. The idea that hooligans, racism or despicable behavior over sporting results are uniquely English is offensive and absurd. I'm not excusing the vile behavior aimed at our lads, I can't say what I think should be done to people who behave like that here. It is however not unique to England.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah I keep hearing "oh English fans are the worst" etc. Not excusing the inexcusable) behavior, but that's patently untrue. Italy + Spain are probably ruder, vis-à-vis CL-challenging leagues, on the whole. Eastern Europe and South / Central America are different (see: worse) planets entirely.

Our twitter trolls just post **** in a language 50%+ of the world understands.
We’re held to higher standards for some strange reason as well. It’s almost ok for the ****ty minority of other countries to act like animals because, well it’s just Italy being Italy isn’t it? Or Spain doing what we know what Spain do, or ‘come on, go easy, it’s Montenegro, they’ll learn’. I could tell you what’s behind it but there’s no point. There’s as much chance these types of people changing their tune as there is of some inbred deciding not to post vile racism online.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

What gets me is Grealish said he would take one, why Gareth let a 19yo take an important pen is crazy. Kane is captain he should take the 5th imo
I don't have issues with kane taking the first pen. For me, your best pk taker either takes the first or last pk.

But allowing a teenager who happens to be the youngest player on the pitch who has never taken a penalty in senior football to take one was moronic. Southgate basically hung him out to dry.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Wtf?! Is this guy for real?
He kept mentioning "It hits the left arm of saka right in front of the referee". One who think it was saka who committed the more egregious offense :lol:

I remember the days when commentary used to be without agenda

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I kinda hope Southgate never wins a trophy as a coach, tbh.

Nothing to do with England, but I will never forgive him for what he did to Saka...I don't care how good his pens were in training, you can't put that much pressure on a 19 year old, it's just pure madness on his part...Bukayo would never say no if asked to take a pen, he's one of those players that would always put the team first...but you just can't ask him, it's incredibly bad management, and a complete lack of awareness/compassion too (to at least be in the first 5 pens, after that it's out of your hands, tbh)

Ideally Pizza hut boy resigns after this as manager, Saka (and ESR) do well with England...and Southgate goes back to doing, what he was doing before he somehow lucked his way into this job, getting team's relegated.

This will hopefully be my last post on the penalty, as I am somewhat over it now, and I am looking forward to seeing Saka back with us...but honestly, **** Southgate.

He put him ****ing last in the shoot-out, last 🤬

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I don't have issues with kane taking the first pen. For me, your best pk taker either takes the first or last pk.

But allowing a teenager who happens to be the youngest player on the pitch who has never taken a penalty in senior football to take one was moronic. He basically hung him out to dry.
Exactly. Honestly the fact that a footballing nation like England can't find 2 senior players to bookend a first 5 penalty takers is distressing. Even if you have absolute faith in Saka given his tremendous maturity and composure, you just don't put a kid 5th. Anywhere between 2nd and 4th would have been still a bit dodgy but more understandable. I'll never understand what Southgate was thinking. Having said all that, as much as I want to hunt down each and every cretin sending this incredible lad vile hate, he will recover. Just as Mbappe will recover from his miss. Just as Cristiano recovered from his miss, just as everyone's GOAT Messi recovered from numerous misses, this lad is strong and he will endure and his moment to shine will arrive. I have complete faith in that because he's shown how special he is.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
We’re held to higher standards for some strange reason as well. It’s almost ok for the ****ty minority of other countries to act like animals because, well it’s just Italy being Italy isn’t it? Or Spain doing what we know what Spain do, or ‘come on, go easy, it’s Montenegro, they’ll learn’. I could tell you what’s behind it but there’s no point. There’s as much chance these types of people changing their tune as there is of some inbred deciding not to post vile racism online.
100%. Neither side of the aisle has a monopoly on agenda merchanting.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Southgate just got us to our first Euro final ever. There is no guarantee when any player takes a penalty, look at Jorginho, normally he would score. Penalties are sh1t, no one likes them, so I wont blame any player or manager for losing on penalties.

Great post, totally agree with this. You can already see the media, some sections of fans trying to line up different sets of scapegoats this time around. The penalty takers are not fair game, so let's blame Southgate or the older players instead. It's total BS, England have just had an incredible tournament and fallen short by the finest of margins. No one gets the blame in my book. This is a time to be proud of your team and your country.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He kept mentioning "It hits the left arm of saka right in front of the referee". One who think it was saka who committed the more egregious offense :lol:

I remember the days when commentary used to be without agenda

It's like he doesn't even know the rules of the game, absolutely bizarre commentary. You can hear his co-commentator is bemused by it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom