• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Honestly, he's so likable and he's won me over which is so hard for a player that's not my own. I know @BigPoppaPump thought this was condescending from Shaw but his intentions were honest and good, I've honestly never heard Shaw speak this positively about any of our own except for Juan Mata.

Characters like Saka in the dressing room are equally as important as the Keane's and Vieira's. Saka seems like a very intelligent, well-spoken guy as well.
I don’t think it was condescending from Shaw, I think he was being genuine and had good intentions just didn’t articulate himself well.

I just meant that me in that situation woulda taken offence to it but that’s mainly cos I have a fragile ego and insecurities. But saying I’m like your son is a bit insulting lol.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Honestly, he's so likable and he's won me over which is so hard for a player that's not my own. I know @BigPoppaPump thought this was condescending from Shaw but his intentions were honest and good, I've honestly never heard Shaw speak this positively about any of our own except for Juan Mata.

Characters like Saka in the dressing room are equally as important as the Keane's and Vieira's. Saka seems like a very intelligent, well-spoken guy as well.
Well you're likable too, unlike your pals here. :lol:

Yeah Saka is such an innocent and humble guy that it's hard to think anyone whouldn't like him.

The son part from Shaw was a bit too much, but he also said brother. Not the easiest to say things live.

I would assume some United fans won't like this when he has currently passed basically 3 of your young players in the national team.

I didn't think he would even get a proper chance over those. But Greenwood is also green and more of a striker and Rashford has had some injuries and is not so good on the right.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shaw knows deep down, that United have signed the inferior winger...

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I just meant that me in that situation woulda taken offence to it but that’s mainly cos I have a fragile ego and insecurities. But saying I’m like your son is a bit insulting lol.
I would have too tbh, Shaw isn't even big man like that, they are fighting the same war side by side and he sonned him.

Came from a good place ofcourse, but yeah it's not just you :lol:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
@Juan Matas Beard @Tree Points @UnitedBeard :love:

Your boy Shaw knows quality. Respect to Shaw for honest praises while Saka has kept Rashford & Sancho on bench. ;)

"Shaw said: "Honestly, I love him. I would just love it if he was my child. I love him like that.

"I feel that you could ask anyone in the squad that and they would say the same thing, about what a good guy he is.

"I didn't know him before I came to the camp and I didn't know what he would be like but I've got on so well with him.

"I would love him to be my brother. He's so cool, he's so funny. He makes everyone laugh - and he doesn't meant it. He's not a loud person but the way he is and the way he speaks is so funny.

"Someone like that in the camp is good to have and he gets everyone laughing. We all love him and appreciate the way he is."

Shaw hailed Saka for his on-pitch performances as well, and has called on the winger to keep his displays at a high standard in the latter rounds.

The left-back added: "He's unbelievable - and he's still only 19. That's a scary thing.

"He takes everything in his stride and he's not fazed by anything. When he's come in, he's been brilliant so far.

"I keep telling him that hopefully he keeps it up and he keeps impressing everyone.""

I like Saka’s attitude and character as a player. Level-headed for a young player.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I would assume some United fans won't like this when he has currently passed basically 3 of your young players in the national team.

It's not like he hasn't justified his place though, there's not much of an argument at this point - he's our most comfortable right-winger, the others can be shoe-horned there but won't give their best performances, someone here was right when they said only those outside of Arsenal fans didn't expect Saka to show his class at this level.

Also, I don't think anyone has a valid argument to say he shouldn't be ahead of those at this point. Of course, we want to see our own guys starting and we'll blindly fight for them, just how it is and I'm sure it would be the same in reverse. I am happy to settle with watching my boy Luke Shaw ball.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Saka comes across a very intelligent, humble and a genuine nice guy.

I think his likeabillity influenced people's opinions and hence why he undeservedly was voted our player of season (had a good season, one our top 5 performers but there were several that were more consistent).

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Saka comes across a very intelligent, humble and a genuine nice guy.

I think his likeabillity influenced people's opinions and hence why he undeservedly was voted our player of season (had a good season, one our top 5 performers but there were several that were more consistent).
Who should have won it in your opinion? Holdini ?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

England are expected to make one change to their starting XI for tonight’s Euro 2020 semi-final against Denmark with Bukayo Saka replacing Jadon Sancho.

Saka, 19, was left out of England’s matchday squad against Ukraine after picking up a knock. Jadon Sancho was instead handed his first tournament start for the quarter-final victory, however, Saka is set to return to the starting line-up for tonight’s clash at Wembley.

The rest of England’s XI is likely to remain unchanged and manager Gareth Southgate is fortunate to have a clean bill of health in the squad.

England’s starting XI for their 4-0 win against Ukraine was: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Phillips; Sancho, Mount, Sterling; Kane.

How has Saka performed at Euro 2020?​

Saka has been a revelation for England at Euro 2020.

The 19-year-old was handed his first start during England’s final group game against the Czech Republic, which Southgate’s side won 1-0. He impressed heavily during the game and was handed UEFA’s man of the match award.

During the match, the Arsenal teenager was an attacking threat throughout and was responsible for 41.6 per cent of all dribbles in the game — completing at least twice as many (5) as the next closest player (Marcus Rashford, with 2).

After the game Southgate praised Saka for delivering “a real standout performance”.

Saka was rewarded for his display by retaining his place in England’s starting XI during the brilliant 2-0 win against Germany in the last 16. He put in another mature performance before being replaced by Jack Grealish in the second half.

He missed England’s quarter-final win against Ukraine at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on Saturday, however, after suffering what is believed to be an ankle issue in training.

How did England perform against Ukraine?​

England ran riot in Rome and have progressed deep into successive tournaments for the first time in over half a century, having also reached the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup.

An early opener from Harry Kane following a superb threaded ball from Raheem Sterling set the tone for the evening. Harry Maguire added a second within a minute of the second half kick-off before Kane scored his second and substitute Jordan Henderson finally broke his England duck to make it four on a remarkable night for Southgate’s side.

Saka is currently winning the debate of him vs Foden vs Sancho vs Greenwod no?

Tsl

England are expected to make one change to their starting XI for tonight’s Euro 2020 semi-final against Denmark with Bukayo Saka replacing Jadon Sancho.

Saka, 19, was left out of England’s matchday squad against Ukraine after picking up a knock. Jadon Sancho was instead handed his first tournament start for the quarter-final victory, however, Saka is set to return to the starting line-up for tonight’s clash at Wembley.

The rest of England’s XI is likely to remain unchanged and manager Gareth Southgate is fortunate to have a clean bill of health in the squad.

England’s starting XI for their 4-0 win against Ukraine was: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Phillips; Sancho, Mount, Sterling; Kane.

The 19-year-old was handed his first start during England’s final group game against the Czech Republic, which Southgate’s side won 1-0. He impressed heavily during the game and was handed UEFA’s man of the match award.

During the match, the Arsenal teenager was an attacking threat throughout and was responsible for 41.6 per cent of all dribbles in the game — completing at least twice as many (5) as the next closest player (Marcus Rashford, with 2).

After the game Southgate praised Saka for delivering “a real standout performance”.

Saka was rewarded for his display by retaining his place in England’s starting XI during the brilliant 2-0 win against Germany in the last 16. He put in another mature performance before being replaced by Jack Grealish in the second half.

He missed England’s quarter-final win against Ukraine at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on Saturday, however, after suffering what is believed to be an ankle issue in training.

England ran riot in Rome and have progressed deep into successive tournaments for the first time in over half a century, having also reached the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup.

An early opener from Harry Kane following a superb threaded ball from Raheem Sterling set the tone for the evening. Harry Maguire added a second within a minute of the second half kick-off before Kane scored his second and substitute Jordan Henderson finally broke his England duck to make it four on a remarkable night for Southgate’s side.

Dont think Greenwood even belongs in that debate

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not Foden for me just yet, that kids unbelievable.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Dont think Greenwood even belongs in that debate
Probably not at the moment, but he genuinely was at one point say a year ago (I think even in this thread actually).

No reason he can't come back.

Gooner1988TK

If this club doesn’t fix up, spend money and get a real manager in we will lose him! He’s become a regular starter in England in the euros with a high probability to win this competition, so no way he comes back here and is content with domestic football let alone Europa conference or Europa league. We need heavy investment and CL again or give it a season or two and he’s gone. He will be well sought after and I can’t blame him if this nonsense continues when he eventually leaves.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

How long before this boy pushes a move to a CL club so he can compete at the top level? He's a phenomenon and should be competing for everything. We desperately need a big season this year, matter of time before City/Chelsea comes in imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom