• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGunner81

Don’t think he gets into the Utd team with Sancho and Greenwood tbh. Two of my favourite players, especially Greenwood who gives me RvP vibes and is an absolute killer.
Only thing RVP and Greenwood have got in common….. yeah, no!!!

RacingPhoton

Established Member
@A__G Next time someone asks why a transfer thread is open

walter-sobchak-big-lebowski.gif

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I really don't think we've got anything to worry about with Saka leaving, I think I read that Saka is very happy with Artetas project here & that Arteta said it is only a matter of time & when, not if. I think he'll stay.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I really don't think we've got anything to worry about with Saka leaving, I think I read that Saka is very happy with Artetas project here & that Arteta said it is only a matter of time & when, not if. I think he'll stay.
People compare the situation to Sterling at Liverpool. But Sterling joined Pool when about 16 years old and left like 5 years later.

Saka joined Arsenal when 7 years old. He has been a clear starter here at his boyhood club.

I would still be very surprised him not extending once. Risking his guaranteed starting place to join fully built City team is not very wise yet.

Totally different situation compared to Sterling. Current City team is on a different level.

I would understand well if he extends by like 2 years.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

People compare the situation to Sterling at Liverpool. But Sterling joined Pool when about 16 years old and left like 5 years later.

Saka joined Arsenal when 7 years old. He has been a clear starter here at his boyhood club.

I would still be very surprised him not extending once. Risking his guaranteed starting place to join fully built City team is not very wise yet.

Totally different situation compared to Sterling. Current City team is on a different level.

I would understand well if he extends by like 2 years.
Tbh wouldnt be a better time to join City than now. Mahrez on his last contract, rotate with him. Will get plenty of game time without all the pressure. Then in 2 years he’ll be #1 and blossom into a full on superstar. Im just happy he seems to be perfectly fine developing here and help us get out of mediocracy.

drippin

Tbh wouldnt be a better time to join City than now. Mahrez on his last contract, rotate with him. Will get plenty of game time without all the pressure. Then in 2 years he’ll be #1 and blossom into a full on superstar. Im just happy he seems to be perfectly fine developing here and help us get out of mediocracy.
Yeah but City is well ahead in team building and will always have at least two top players for each position.

New environment is always a risk and Saka seems a somewhat delicate person.

ash_rasul

Yeah but City is well ahead in team building and will always have at least two top players for each position.

New environment is always a risk and Saka seems a somewhat delicate person.
A somewhat delicate person? Based on what? I'm curious.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
99% sure he will sign a new deal here, but still a little worried can't lie.

Since this thread re-opened, been waking up like this...

...you gotta stay Bukayo!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
feels like 0% chance this window now... we were desperate for Jesus & they never made a play for Saka then

drippin

A somewhat delicate person? Based on what? I'm curious.
You just compare him to others and might understand what I mean.

Not the most outgoing person and a bit introverted/shy.

No reason to start arguing about.

ash_rasul

You just compare him to others and might understand what I mean.

Not the most outgoing person and a bit introverted/shy.

No reason to start arguing about.
Not arguing at all! Just wanted to see your thought process.

Though in my view, introversion is not necessarily linked to mental weakness. I see more signs of mental strength in him tbh. Not many 19 year olds who could go through what he experienced at the Euros to then recover and have the season that he did for us.

drippin

Not arguing at all! Just wanted to see your thought process.

Though in my view, introversion is not necessarily linked to mental weakness. I see more signs of mental strength in him tbh. Not many 19 year olds who could go through what he experienced at the Euros to then recover and have the season that he did for us.
Yeah. I never talked about mental weakness.

Adjusting to a new environment for a more introverted person can be a bigger risk than for an extroverted person.

The point was mainly about the risk for a new environment for any young player. Especially where expectations are huge.

ash_rasul

Yeah. I never talked about mental weakness.

Adjusting to a new environment for a more introverted person can be a bigger risk than for an extroverted person.

The point was mainly about the risk for a new environment for any young player. Especially where expectations are huge.
Yeah my view of a "delicate person" is someone that is somewhat mentally weak as opposed to shy/introverted.

Agreed in principle though when you put it that way.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's not this contract that will be a problem. I can see him signing a 4 year deal on good money.

2 years down the line we could be in a bit of bother in terms of keeping him if we're not at least in the CL. We'd probably have to sell him then to get something like his full value.

Wouldn't begrudge him leaving in those circumstances to be honest.

drippin

Yeah my view of a "delicate person" is someone that is somewhat mentally weak as opposed to shy/introverted.

Agreed in principle though when you put it that way.
Tbh tried to think another word for it, not a native English speaker. Delicate might have specific connotations for native speakers but to me it's also a compliment when talking about Saka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom