• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christian Abbiati

seanconvey66

I think the chances of getting Hilderbrandt are slim. I really think hes bound for Munich,so abbiati wouldnt be a bad choice but i think there is probably a better option around

Asterix

Established Member
I read that Stipe Pletikosa's agent is touting him around - he's the Croation keeper I think - is he any good? I know he's tall, if that helps...... :wink:

Florida Gooner

KingReyes said:
I'm going to have to disagree with you Arsenal89 and Sammer. IMO Abbiati is a quality keeper, I remember him when he was first choice and he was one of the best in the Serie A especially when Milan won the league in 99 when he broke through thanks to a certain Jens Lehmann being dropped. He was also close to national team selection and if you think because he's their reserve keeper then just think Carlo Cudicini and where he is, just like Abbiati he's on the bench but it doesn't make him a bad keeper does it. Chelsea are a side that want 2 class players for each postiion and Milan are just the same which is why they are reluctant to let him go unless they have a quality replacement. At 27 he's at the right age too, he would give us at least 7 to 8 years at the top.

Excellent post, mate.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Spinksy said:
I read that Stipe Pletikosa's agent is touting him around - he's the Croation keeper I think - is he any good? I know he's tall, if that helps...... :wink:

We've been linked with him before. I believe Liverpool came close to signing him in 2003.

A

Anonymous

look i htink abbiati is a great option. he was Milans number 1 until Dida pulled off heroics in the Champions league over Juventus. He was up until late Italys reserve to buffon and italy make fine goalkeepers (buffon, toldo, cudicini, pelizoli, roma), this obviously shows his potential. Pls we cold do some exchange with lehamn and milan will have 2 internation goalkeepers!!! pletikosa is also anuder option

A

Anonymous

look let me tell u now pletikosa is an amazing keeper. He was Chelsea's main man before they got cech. Really at 25 he is fantastic adn has a great future

A

Anonymous

haha nah i have liked him ever since the world cup. Amazing quality

siddharth

KingReyes said:
A fresh link where Arsenal and Man Utd have both expressed interest in Abbiati.

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/S ... 52,00.html

If this is true then it may be that Timo Hildebrand isn't coming to Arsenal or Manure. We have been talking about Arsenal and the **** but there is one club who could do great with him. It's Barcelona!!!! . After all they have Vitor Valdes who's no less comical than our current lot. :?

Sammer

Established Member
If that means (which of course it doesn´t :D ), that ManU and Arsenal each sign one of the keepers - whether it be Abbiati or Hildebrand - I would be happy with either option.

At least, we would get a promising long-term prospect now.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And I'm Luca Buffon. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sorry for being snappy but I just don't see it happening.

I mean I doubt our scouts would be so unproffessional as to disclose that sort of information to just anyone. I doubt they would risk Arsène's wrath just like that and risk getting fired.

asajoseph

Established Member
Interesting. Not a bad option. I'd be interested to know why Hildebrand isn't an option though, but Abbiati is class too...

Legend#1

Established Member
CreatorSupreme said:
I'd love to see Hildebrand at Highbury as much as any of you, but Bayern have done a deal for him. To be honest I've only seen Abbiati a couple of times, he looks good, but I dont know how good he is, but he is Wenger's choice.

No they haven't..

Where's your source then..

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is only 27 but even though he is great I doubt Milan would sell. They have been known not to be very active in selling players and want at least two world class players in each position. They are like Chelsea but with better players bought in better circuimstances. Very much doubt if there is any truth whatsoever in this rumour.

mood

Bayern wont sign Hildebrand. Oliver Kahn has still got a bit left in him, and he's the captain of their team + their young GK, Michael Rensing is a huge prospect as well.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom