• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

scarabej

Exiled In Newcastle said:
Ok - my mistake in heading this thread (it's been changed now) but they are called 'Dinamo' not 'Zagreb' as their is another club called Zagreb.

It was likened to calling us London instead of Arsenal so please take note.

Thanks for the notice.........and I forgot to write one more advantage for us.....

We know your players and their potentials,their dribllings and weak points.......we know your coach.....and we also konw about 10000 more things about you......

You don't know **** about us........and all of your players will watch some videos with our last games and try to remember stuff about our players and tactics........while our players watched your team playing hunderds of times.....

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Believe me our scouts will know all about you. And getting videos isn't exactly hard these days.

By the time we play you Wenger will know what your third choice keeper likes for breakfast! He isn't called the professor for nothing!

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Mate - knowing what the Arsenal scouting set up is like they probably know more about Dinamo (see - I'm learning!) than you do by now!

gunnerturk

To all BBB friends, do you know how many times we have played against each other? I ve got some confusing info, help me out please.

Gary

gunnerturk said:
To all BBB friends, do you know how many times we have played against each other? I ve got some confusing info, help me out please.

Champions League, Pool E
Oct 21, 1998 Arsenal - Dinamo 1 - 1
Nov 4, 1998 Dinamo - Arsenal 3 - 1

gunnerturk

Gary said:
gunnerturk said:

Champions League, Pool E
Thanks, I ve read there was 12 meetings in total, is it true?

Gary

Arsenal is absolute favourite. Seeing Dinamo upsetting Arsenal is very, very slim chance atm.

scarabej

Mate - knowing what the Arsenal scouting set up is like they probably know more about Dinamo (see - I'm learning!) than you do by now!

I don't doubt for a second that your scouts and Wenger will do their "homework".......Boro Primorac is a Croat and he will get more info directly from Croatia.........

BUT......your players will never go to that level of knowlege from a few videos.......and our players know everything at this time couse they all follow Champions league end Premiership years behind.... :wink:

And we all know that foootball players are not some too inteligent lads.... :lol: :lol: .....it takes time and time for them to learn some stuff......

Only a few players finished colege in entire Europe(like croatian new selector who finished law,and i think that Patrick Mboma was a maths profesor)......and lots of them have been easy trough elementary school just because they were sportsmen.

Lets face it......they are stupid :!: :D

scarabej

Champions League, Pool E
Nov 4, 1998 Dinamo - Arsenal 3 - 1[/quote]

I think that this was Dinamo Kyev.... :? :roll:

98 is not that far....;)...I know we didn't play against Gunners.....

jaguars4ever

Jinn said:
jaguars4ever said:
Jinn said:
How do you know that? Do you know how much we paid for him?
I believe you're intelligent enough to know what he means, Jinn.

Initial value (what we paid for Henry) does not necessarily equate with current value, hence the nature of profit/loss value flucuation(s). Yes, unlike Football Mangager, players do not have value figures hovering below their names, so the only real estimate of value is what someone is willing to pay for a player. In Henry's case, we rejected a couple of £50M bids from Real and Barce around a season back. Now that would certainly fit our Croat friend's bill of being double the value of his squad, give or take.

:)
Doesn't wash. Players' worths are dictated by whatever anybody is willing to pay for them. Heny could have broken both his legs and wouldn't be worth £50M even though we had bids from 'Real and Barce around a season back'.
"Doesn't wash. Players' worths are dictated by whatever anybody is willing to pay for them."

The only thing that doesn't wash is your logic.

You seem to be confusing yourself, Jinn. Which one is it? You're reiterating my very point, yet contradicting yourself at the same time by atttempting to deny it.

"Heny could have broken both his legs and wouldn't be worth £50M"

Could have, should have, would have. That's fantasy. Deal with reality. These bids were made. Fact. Therefore, because those clubs were willing to pay that much for Henry, he was worth that much. Now if you can make an argument showing that Henry's value has somehow plummeted from last season to today, then I'm willing to listen.

Gary

scarabej said:

I don't doubt for a second that your scouts and Wenger will do their "homework".......Boro Primorac is a Croat and he will get more info directly from Croatia.........

BUT......your players will never go to that level of knowlege from a few videos.......and our players know everything at this time couse they all follow Champions league end Premiership years behind.... :wink:

And we all know that foootball players are not some too inteligent lads.... :lol: :lol: .....it takes time and time for them to learn some stuff......

Only a few players finished colege in entire Europe(like croatian new selector who finished law,and i think that Patrick Mboma was a maths profesor)......and lots of them have been easy trough elementary school just because they were sportsmen.

Lets face it......they are stupid :!: :D

I think you got off the hook buddy. What's law university got to do with footbal for god's sake?

Gary

scarabej said:
Champions League, Pool E

I think that this was Dinamo Kyev.... :? :roll:

98 is not that far....;)...I know we didn't play against Gunners.....
[/quote]

You are right, i misused google. Apologize.

scarabej

hesham said:
you can know everything there is to know about TH14 and it still wont make a diff.

As I heard TH14 has some yellow cards from last year and won't play in Zagreb.......and that is our chance to try to win the home game.......

And in London we can play "bunker" and give him 2 players on his back and no space to show his speed........he is much better on the open space then surrounded with 2-3 players in small space......

jester

Established Member
scarabej said:
hesham said:
you can know everything there is to know about TH14 and it still wont make a diff.

And in London we can play "bunker" and give him 2 players on his back and no space to show his speed........he is much better on the open space then surrounded with 2-3 players in small space......

just so you know, many many (better) teams have tried this and failed.
but it doesnt matter anyway, stop henry and theres others running at you. Is there anyone in your league that plays very quick technical football? If so how did you do?

scarabej

I think you got off the hook buddy. What's law university got to do with footbal for god's sake?

Finishing college takes some inteligence........that's the point.......

And inteligence is very important part in football......you can see the diference between a PLAYER and a "player" just from inteligence......

But the real point was that in very large procent the football players are stupid and hardely can make full setences in their interwiews.......so they don't learn stuff as fast as Wenger or his scouts...

zrzy

Dinamo never played against Arsenal. As far i know.

in last 20 years we're played against ManU (1999., 0:0 on the Old Trafford and 1:2 on the Maksimir, 1997. against Newcastle, 2:1 for the Newcastle) on the St. James Park and 2:1 (for us, 2:2 in AET, they scored in 119. minute:( ) and 2002. against Fulham, 1:2 and 0:3)

Gary

scarabej said:

Finishing college takes some inteligence........that's the point.......

And inteligence is very important part in football......you can see the diference between a PLAYER and a "player" just from inteligence......

But the real point was that in very large procent the football players are stupid and hardely can make full setences in their interwiews.......so they don't learn stuff as fast as Wenger or his scouts...

I doubt law or math university can help you with football skills. :D But what exactly is your point? As I know there's more than intelligence with football game: combinatorics (instinctive thinking, somebody call it 'a feel'), reflexes and impulsiveness. Thanks god our players don't hang out @ the orgies with Nives & co. anymore. That helped much. :D

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom