• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Come together ...right now ..."

beck

Established Member
just watched anfield 89 and once again tears streaming down my face just like they were after the champions league final and losing to liverpool in the 1978 league cup semi.all teams struggle when moving to a new stadium and i was detirmined that i was going to do my bit to make our new stadium a home sooner rather than later.if one person buys a ticket they wouldnt normaly do or shouts more than they would normaly do on the strengthof reading this or any other message board then its all worth while.football is about fans old and new understanding the pure joy that is gooning.saturday was a fantastic atmosphere and so out of step with some of the doom and gloom merchants on here but if it does you good to purge yourselves on the web then keep it at that and leave the fans in the stadium to express unconditional support of the team .anyone know how big spending leeds did in the johnsons paint trophy this week?

GoonerAG

Having our differences and feeling disillusioned and annoyed at the manager does not mean we "hate" him or Arsenal, on the contrary, it shows just how passionate we are about the issue and how we are craving success after years of bad luck and silly mistakes when it counted!!!

So I salute the author of thread, as it has made us all come together, all with our different opinions and views on wanting Arsenal to be great again, without any childish bickering or personal handbags! 8))

banduan

Established Member
'Biggus and his cohorts'?

gawdalmighty folks I disagree with many of Biggus' opinions but please don't lump different posters together like that.

Biggus

Established Member
banduan said:
'Biggus and his cohorts'?

gawdalmighty folks I disagree with many of Biggus' opinions but please don't lump different posters together like that.

:lol: Oh well Banduan, its better than "Biggus and his unholy traitorous army of Nazi SS Demons from Hell".

morpho

Established Member
wasnt it Voltaire who said something like, "I disapprove what you are saying, but I will defend your right to say it to the death"? Obviously not here in Mania :)Discussions are healthy, fighting is not.

14teranga

RocktheCasbah said:
14teranga said:
I understand your view of 'coming together', but arsenal-mania is a reference when it comes to asenal supporters opinion and state of emotion, so other fans come here to find things to bribe about us. I don't know for you guys, but some other fans often quote mania to have a laugh at me!

That's never happened to me, then again most people I know are more worried about their own clubs.
You're a lucky chap! Remember when we used to have our insider before a game bringing in some comments of other forumers, that gives you an idea of how what we say here can be used for, too;
Anyway I am not against lot of differences in opinions, that is all the fun of a forum. Though I get less and less time I still hardly stay a day without throwing a look at mania.

Biggus

Established Member
14teranga said:
Anyway I am not against lot of differences in opinions, that is all the fun of a forum. Though I get less and less time I still hardly stay a day without throwing a look at mania.

Well Teranga you should have been here for the "fun" the last few months.

We haven't seen Hertyid, Tristan, Letallac or Alonso yet this season, and it's just as well, because this sort of thing doesn't look good in front of opposition supporters. Most neutral opposition supporters think the advent of Manshitty and the impending reduction of CL places to 3 will see us and/or Liverpool demoted from superpower status in the PL and this angers me greatly, err not about Liverpool of course.

To quote RTC quoting Keegy "I would LOVE! LOVE IT!" if Wenger was to stick it to all of them.

Tony Montana

Established Member
"What's struck me in the last couple of days is how inward looking we all are at the moment. By that I mean it's Arsenal fans v Arsenal fans. Online arguments and debates are raging, insults are being hurled and our ire is directed at each other. Of course none of us are going to agree all the time but to me it's just a bit sad that the squabbling is going on between Arsenal fans."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog</a>

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I am glad that the spirit of this thread has been understood.

I wanted to tell everyone that, even though I was angry, dismayed and downright bewildered that AW never got the DM we all (well, most) know we needed.

However, with the news of Man City, Chelsea's ongoing ridiculous spending power, AW is still the best man to do the job.

No one expect us to all toe the line like 'Stepford wives', we can (and I will) complain about our spending whenever we like. Just that ...

Some don't agree with my whining, and that is bloody great and welcome or we would have one hell of a dull forum.

Carry on up the Arsenal.

Biggus

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
"What's struck me in the last couple of days is how inward looking we all are at the moment. By that I mean it's Arsenal fans v Arsenal fans. Online arguments and debates are raging, insults are being hurled and our ire is directed at each other. Of course none of us are going to agree all the time but to me it's just a bit sad that the squabbling is going on between Arsenal fans."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog</a>

And the rest of the quote Tony-

"I miss when our collective spite and disdain is focussed on somebody or something truly horrible."

And God knows there's plenty of them around now.

TomasCR

Established Member
I saw the title of this thread a few days ago and said, oh well, it could be a good read, today I had finally time to read all the posts and I´m glad I did that. Most of us seemed to be a little frustrated in the last couple of days, looks like Wenger is the guy who is responsible for our strange feeling that with such a young team, Arsenal is not going to win any trophy this year and who knows what´s going to happen with Fabregas and our starts next year if we continue in this way.

Some of you wrote I´m behind the club, we needed some thread where we could say something like this, but I think it´s obvious you´re behind the club, behind the guys. Once you´re a fan of Arsenal and if you´re not a glory hunter you were talking about you must be always behind the club, no matter what happened or what´s going to happen, you can be disappointed with some things, there can be a couple of things you don´t agree or you´re not content with, you can complain about anything you want but I guess we are all behind the club and whether you´re from England, Russia, USA or Madagascar, there is no a glory hunter on here.

There was also some mention about the word "war" between two groups of people. It´s not a war at all, we are here to talk about Arsenal, football in general or about anything - somemone says that going of the topic is not a good thing but I have had a good laugh many times to be honest and we have to dectract the situation sometimes.

One group is "full" of people like Biggus who is not just an optimist and sometimes I wonder if there is at least a small hope in his posts but what if you don´t agree with something, he, or any other member said you´re free to disscus with him about the given problem. The tunnel can be mussy but there is always a small light at the end of the tunnel and it´s up to you if you want to see the - maybe small - but still a light or not. The light in this case is the future. When everything goes wrong, you can always think of the future of Arsenal as such a big amount of good, young and well improving players have hardly any other club.

We will always agree and disagree but that´s exactly what is all the internet forums about. It would be pretty sad if everyone of us would quote something just to say, I would not have said that better, I agree - would´t it?

Biggus

Established Member
The reason it looked like a civil war sometimes Tomas, is because discussions naturally got heated- fair enough we all love the club and have a lot of emotional investment in it. But there were times when certain people became unable to distinguish between the idea and the poster, and as they didn't have the ammunition to attack the idea they personally attacked the poster, playing the man instead of the ball as it were ala "tiny taylor".

I'm glad Webdesignlab decided to take this step to open up peace negotiations, as this situation had the potential to open up real bitter divisions that could affect the quality of everything that is discussed on this excellent forum and reduce it to a vicious slagging fest.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom