• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Corentin Tolisso

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmich

Lacazette is leaving, tomorrow will be his last match for l'OL. And I know damn too well Aulas, this dude ain't giving us Lacazette and Tolisso together.

We need to choose one.

Gooner006

The meeting was to discuss Lyon's interest in Bertrand Traore, who Chelsea still owns. He's seen as a potential Lacazette replacement, but certainly understandable that Chelsea would ask about Tolisso's situation. Still, hopefully they go for Bakayoko and not him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Don't do this Tolisso :(

I really want him, he kind of wants us, ffs I hope we make a proper attempt at getting him...

gunnergoa

this is a chance to prove to the fans that we are serious as a club Chelsea need an upgrade on Matic and Tolisso is the guy. If Wenger can convince him then we might have an interesting season.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He'd be a great signing. Pretty versatile player..can occupy the wingback positions as well in the new formation. He will definitely be moving to a big club sooner or later.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
among tolliso, keita, goretzka, sergej milinkovic,seri, fabinho, bakayoko and else...who's better?????

The current problem is that we have many midfield options but no viable partnerships.

I also believe that people are ignoring the way that we play the 3 4 3 system and are focusing on how Chelsea play it. We play it in a way where we dominate possession and control the game. Chelsea are defensive and hit teams on the break through one touch flicks up the field. We probe, shown by the 44 passes we made that led to the first goal in the final. We have two genuine creative players behind a forward where as Chelsea play with a runner off the ball (Pedro) and a provoker/dribbler (Hazard).

The final has shown us that as long as the team is set up correctly we do not need that additional midfielder with the sole purpose of destroying. Hence why the partnership of Xhaka and Ramsey works. They function as they would in a traditional 4-4-2. They cover each others backs to prevent passing lanes and when we go forward one sits and one goes.

Tolisso, Keita and Fabinho are combative central midfielders and although they can go forward they are not as comfortable on the ball as people are trying to make out. Their passing isn't as accurate and they are more defensive than they are offensive. Yes Keita does dribble, but if you watch his positioning in a game he is far more comofrtable being deeper and wider as opposed to in between the lines, which is the space that Ramsey occupies.

We need Xhaka's partner to do more than Tolisso does. He is a good player, but I don't think he is as suited to our system as someone like Goretzka is. Goretzka can play as 10 and also in the deeper role, showing you that he can occupy the same spaces as Ramsey would. If Ramsey were to get injured and Tolisso were put in, we would have to change the way we play, where as Goretzka would be more like for like.

every little thing

The rrent problem is that we have many midfield options but no viable partnerships.

I also believe that people are ignoring the way that we play the 3 4 3 system and are focusing on how Chelsea play it. We play it in a way where we dominate possession and control the game. Chelsea are defensive and hit teams on the break through one touch flicks up the field. We probe, shown by the 44 passes we made that led to the first goal in the final. We have two genuine creative players behind a forward where as Chelsea play with a runner off the ball (Pedro) and a provoker/dribbler (Hazard).

The final has shown us that as long as the team is set up correctly we do not need that additional midfielder with the sole purpose of destroying. Hence why the partnership of Xhaka and Ramsey works. They function as they would in a traditional 4-4-2. They cover each others backs to prevent passing lanes and when we go forward one sits and one goes.

Tolisso, Keita and Fabinho are combative central midfielders and although they can go forward they are not as comfortable on the ball as people are trying to make out. Their passing isn't as accurate and they are more defensive than they are offensive. Yes Keita does dribble, but if you watch his positioning in a game he is far more comofrtable being deeper and wider as opposed to in between the lines, which is the space that Ramsey occupies.

We need Xhaka's partner to do more than Tolisso does. He is a good player, but I don't think he is as suited to our system as someone like Goretzka is. Goretzka can play as 10 and also in the deeper role, showing you that he can occupy the same spaces as Ramsey would. If Ramsey were to get injured and Tolisso were put in, we would have to change the way we play, where as Goretzka would be more like for like.

Goretzka is entering his final year...maybe we can buy at cheap price

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
among tolliso, keita, goretzka, sergej milinkovic,seri, fabinho, bakayoko and else...who's better?????
Right now I think Tolisso and Bakayoko are the the best but Sergej to me is the most exciting. You simply do not see midfielders his size who can do what he can do. I hate making these comparisons but he's got some Vieira to his game. 6'4, strong, reads the game well, excellent technically. Put him next to Ramsey and he can sit back and dictate play. Put him net to Xhaka and he'll make the late runs into the box that Ramsey does. He's what we hoped Diaby would be IMO.

Gooner006

Couldn't agree more on Milinkovic-Savic. Would be a beast in the PL. Apparently he signed an extension with Lazio back in April, though. Otherwise, Keita, Tolisso and him would be my top 3 midfield targets. Great shout @Batman

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I like Tolisson. Think he is very similar to Khedire, but keep in mind Tolisso is like 22, 23?

ARSNLNO1

Sergej deffinitely get's my vote but I' settle for Tolisso who's passing i better than Goretzka or Sergej. But as someone has previously mentioned there's something about Sergej, he has the look of a white Vieira with some of his play. Although my gut feeling is he's too flashy for Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom